PDA

View Full Version : Have sex, do drugs

05-23-2007, 11:20 PM
I was listening to clips on the radio on the way back from my cousins tonight. This whole situation makes me sick thinking about. Some "clinical psychologists" is telling 14 years olds to have sex and do drugs.

I have a couple of links. There is links to the audio on Malkins page.

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/007564.htm?print=1

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1838122/posts

http://duggmirror.com/politics/Have_sex_do_drugs_speaker_tells_students

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2007/may/10/student-complains-about-cwa-sex-panel/

cited from the WND article:

The instructions came from Joel Becker, an associate clinical professor of psychology at the University of California at Los Angeles.

"I am going to encourage you to have sex and encourage you to use drugs appropriately," Becker said during his appearance at the school as part of a recent panel sponsored by the University of Colorado's Conference on World Affairs.

"Why I am going to take that position is because you are going to do it anyway," he continued. "I think as a psychologist and health educator, it is more important to educate you in a direction that you might actually stick to. So, I am going to stay mostly on with the sex side because that is the area I know more about. I want to encourage you to all have healthy, sexual behavior."

How does a man like this become a clinical psychologists? If he has gone through the degree process he knows how dangerous sex and drugs can be. Yet he is preaching to kids to do them anyway.

Listen to the audio. its messed up.

loosecannon
05-23-2007, 11:36 PM
I was listening to clips on the radio on the way back from my cousins tonight. This whole situation makes me sick thinking about. Some "clinical psychologists" is telling 14 years olds to have sex and do drugs.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2007/may/10/student-complains-about-cwa-sex-panel/

How does a man like this become a clinical psychologists? If he has gone through the degree process he knows how dangerous sex and drugs can be. Yet he is preaching to kids to do them anyway.

You are wildly over reacting to shock jock BS designed to raise your alert level.

"have sex safely, because i know you will have sex anyway" is hardly controversial.

You wanna pretend it isn't true?

GAWD avatar, are you so naive and fearful, really?

05-23-2007, 11:40 PM
You are wildly over reacting to shock jock BS designed to raise your alert level.

"have sex safely, because i know you will have sex anyway" is hardly controversial.

Its people like you who are destroying the this nation. Obviously you never listened to clip. You think encouraging 14 year olds to have sex and do drugs is a GOOD thing?! You freaking messed up.

LiberalNation
05-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Well has opposed to turning a blind eye to it while shaking your finger no it couldn't be any worse.

05-23-2007, 11:45 PM
Well has opposed to turning a blind eye to it while shaking your finger no it couldn't be any worse.

Teach them correct principles and they won't go astray. but teach them this bull crap and you are turning a blind eye to it. Rather than fix the problem you exagerate it.

Psychoblues
05-23-2007, 11:52 PM
Sex or drugs?

Teach them correct principles and they won't go astray. but teach them this bull crap and you are turning a blind eye to it. Rather than fix the problem you exagerate it.

Which do you have more of a problem with, you lil' pussy/smack/dick licker, you?

nevadamedic
05-24-2007, 12:32 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

05-24-2007, 12:43 AM
Sex or drugs?

Which do you have more of a problem with, you lil' pussy/smack/dick licker, you?

so you arent against encouraging 14 year olds to do drugs and have sex? not surprising.

What the heck is wrong with you people?

nevadamedic
05-24-2007, 12:48 AM

:clap:

Pale Rider
05-24-2007, 02:35 AM

No he isn't. This was on O'Reilly. This is outrageous. I'm a fairly peaceful man. If you don't mess with me, I most likely won't mess with you. But if I'd have had a young child at that school that day, I'd have gone down there and knocked some mother fucker's sons a bitchin' teeth out.

Unresolved Problems Segment
Sex experts offend at Boulder, Co. high school

Guest: Dan Caplis, KHOW

High school students in Boulder, Colorado received some unexpected advice this week. During a mandatory assembly, psychologist Joel Becker said this: "I'm going to encourage you to have sex, and I'm going to encourage you to use drugs appropriately ... it's very natural for young people to experiment with same sex relationships." Colorado radio host Dan Caplis reported that his listeners are incensed. "Once we started playing the tape, I have heard more outrage than I've heard in years. We've heard from a lot of parents at Boulder High who say they're not going to stand for this. I believe a lot of those parents are ready to fight back." The Factor added that Boulder rivals any town in America as a haven for secular-progressives. "It is hard to believe that in America today you can have a town as out-of-control as Boulder. It doesn't seem that the residents care if the high school tells their kids to go out and have sex and use narcotics."

http://www.billoreilly.com/show?action=viewTVShow&showID=1348

nevadamedic
05-24-2007, 02:46 AM
No he isn't. This was on O'Reilly. This is outrageous. I'm a fairly peaceful man. If you don't mess with me, I most likely won't mess with you. But if I'd have had a young child at that school that day, I'd have gone down there and knocked some mother fucker's sons a bitchin' teeth out.

This doctor should loose his license period.

Pale Rider
05-24-2007, 02:59 AM
This doctor should loose his license period.

And the school's principle should be fired.

nevadamedic
05-24-2007, 03:05 AM
And the school's principle should be fired.

As should any other Teacher or Administrator who was involved in bringing this person tp the school.

Pale Rider
05-24-2007, 03:09 AM
As should any other Teacher or Administrator who was involved in bringing this person tp the school.

O'Reilly said he was going to follow the story. It'll be interesting to see just what does happen. Heads SHOULD roll.

nevadamedic
05-24-2007, 03:26 AM
O'Reilly said he was going to follow the story. It'll be interesting to see just what does happen. Heads SHOULD roll.

I couldn't agreemore!!!!!!!!!

05-24-2007, 07:17 AM
Okay I get it.

Mark Foley has inappropriate conversations with legal adult males. He gets crucified. Why? because he is a Republican.

Dr. of clinical psychology inappropriately tells 14 year olds to have sex and do drugs. He is praised. Because he fits your sick political agenda, you have an issue with people pointing out how messed up he is.

I love the double standard here.

LiberalNation
05-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Hey we have shrinks they say don't have sex or do drugs and guess what. Nearly everybody has sex and does drugs at some time or another.

5stringJeff
05-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Hey we have shrinks they say don't have sex or do drugs and guess what. Nearly everybody has sex and does drugs at some time or another.

That's because teens lack discipline and good values.

Hobbit
05-24-2007, 12:18 PM

Says you. I happen to know a great many people who have never had sex and done drugs, mainly becuase their authority figures not only didn't tell them to, but actually told them not to.

glockmail
05-24-2007, 12:22 PM

I saw this on O'Reilly last night. This was a REQUIRED high school audience paid for by PUBLIC SCHOOL FUNDS.

The man should be drawn and quartered along with the administrators that allowed this.

Pale Rider
05-24-2007, 01:22 PM

Another blanket statement with nothing to back it up. But let's say it's true. If so, why would kids then need to be INCOURAGED to do it? That's like fighting a forest fire with gasoline. It's moronic and outrageous.

05-24-2007, 01:38 PM

And they have to deal with the consequences of their dangerous choices. As authority figures, the school officials and counselors have a duty to encourage GOOD choices.

LiberalNation
05-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Another blanket statement with nothing to back it up. But let's say it's true. If so, why would kids then need to be INCOURAGED to do it? That's like fighting a forest fire with gasoline. It's moronic and outrageous.

He's encouraging safety and responsible use. Not the use itself. Go to any public school and you'll see it's true even if the parents don't know. See we tend to keep a lot of things from you "adults" cuz you freak.

05-24-2007, 01:50 PM
He's encouraging safety and responsible use. Not the use itself. Go to any public school and you'll see it's true even if the parents don't know. See we tend to keep a lot of things from you "adults" cuz you freak.

No he isnt. If he was doing that he wouldnt be encouraging them. There is no healthy or responsible use of drugs. and 14 year olds having sex is NOT responsible.

LiberalNation
05-24-2007, 01:53 PM
It may not be responsible but 14 yo do have sex then have kids which causes all sorts of other problems. Addressing the issue by encourageing "safe sex" is better than nothing or turning a blind eye to what is really going to happen whether you say it's bad to them or not.

05-24-2007, 01:55 PM
It may not be responsible but 14 yo do have sex then have kids which causes all sorts of other problems. Addressing the issue by encourageing "safe sex" is better than nothing or turning a blind eye to what is really going to happen whether you say it's bad to them or not.

No. addressing it by encouraging NO sex is what is appropriate. Otherwise you are going to screw up the rest of the kids life.

LiberalNation
05-24-2007, 01:58 PM
And when that encouraging no sex falls on deaf ears when the other way may not? At least helping to stop teen pregnancy would be a good thing. You don't think those 14yo's are gona be taking care of those kids, do you. The job will fall to the state and their parents.

05-24-2007, 02:14 PM
And when that encouraging no sex falls on deaf ears when the other way may not? At least helping to stop teen pregnancy would be a good thing. You don't think those 14yo's are gona be taking care of those kids, do you. The job will fall to the state and their parents.

sometimes the only way to learn is through experience.

LiberalNation
05-24-2007, 02:15 PM
You can also learn thru information if it's given instead of fear mongering the student isn't gona believe or heed. You can't turn back the clock once there are kids and I personally don't want to have to pay for them because of your moral crusade.

Pale Rider
05-24-2007, 02:28 PM
You can also learn thru information.

That's right. And the WRONG thing to tell little kids is to get wasted on drugs and then have an orgy.

All kids are NOT like you LN. Some kids come from conservative families, and they're told not to do drugs or have sex at home. The last thing good kids like this need to hear AT SCHOOL is some asswad tell them to go out and drop extasy and then screw their boy/girlfriend. That's just wrong on every level, and there's no good defense for it.

loosecannon
05-24-2007, 02:32 PM
so you arent against encouraging 14 year olds to do drugs and have sex? not surprising.

What the heck is wrong with you people?

Nothing you quoted indicates that encouraging is what is happeneing.

You are bullshitting us.

Abbey Marie
05-24-2007, 02:32 PM
If this is the same incident I saw reported on TV, they also told the kids that sex with a condom just doesn't feel as good. So much for the argument that they are teaching safe sex.

Parents should look into private schooling or home schooling. A decrease in the student body is the thing school adminstrators care most about.

Nienna
05-24-2007, 02:36 PM
You can also learn thru information if it's given instead of fear mongering the student isn't gona believe or heed. You can't turn back the clock once there are kids and I personally don't want to have to pay for them because of your moral crusade.

Why is it now "his" moral crusade? I thought you were in agreement that teen pregnancy is a bad thing. I infer that you agree that teen sex and drug use are also undesirable. If everyone agrees that these things are bad, then why is it "his" moral crusade to want to tell kids not to do them?

05-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Nothing you quoted indicates that encouraging is what is happeneing.

You are bullshitting us.

listen to the clips you lazy ass moron.

05-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Why is it now "his" moral crusade? I thought you were in agreement that teen pregnancy is a bad thing. I infer that you agree that teen sex and drug use are also undesirable. If everyone agrees that these things are bad, then why is it "his" moral crusade to want to tell kids not to do them?

she is just upset cause she is a teenager and doesnt want to be told to actually show some restraint. she wants to pretend to be an adult.

LiberalNation
05-24-2007, 02:40 PM
It's a bad thing, sure sometimes but telling people you have no control over no when they want to do something isn't going to work at all and is a waste of time. Going crazy over someone with a different message that might work doesn't help either.

Doniston
05-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Okay I get it.

Mark Foley has inappropriate conversations with legal adult males. He gets crucified. Why? because he is a Republican.

Dr. of clinical psychology inappropriately tells 14 year olds to have sex and do drugs. He is praised. Because he fits your sick political agenda, you have an issue with people pointing out how messed up he is.

Where was he praised for this? I don't think he should be teaching this, but I can understand his point. he is saying they are going to do it anyway. when it comes to Sex, I won't argue. when it comes to drugs, there I draw the line. Whether pot, Alki, or something stronger.

Pale Rider
05-24-2007, 03:49 PM
It's a bad thing, sure sometimes but telling people you have no control over no when they want to do something isn't going to work at all and is a waste of time. Going crazy over someone with a different message that might work doesn't help either.

Obviously you are forming your opinions on your own life LN, because my parents told me to don't do drugs, and keep my pecker in my pants. I listened. What they told me directly affected what I did. I like my parents, and thought what they told me was right. If you don't, or won't, listen to your parents, you are not speaking for ALL kids. Not even close.

And if you think that ENCOURAGING kids to fuck their brain up on drugs, and then go and have sex with anybody and everybody is a GOOD message, I'm afraid you are very messed up yourself. Even worse than I thought.

nevadamedic
05-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Okay I get it.

It's the whole double standards deal. The Democrats wanted him tossed and called him a disgrace, but when on of their own Governor McGreevy of New Jerseygot caught cheating on his wife in a seedy rent by the hour motel room with a male member of his staff, they Democrats defended him. The Democratic Party even pitched a fit when he decided to step down as Governor and made excuses for his actions, but when it happened to Foley they attacked him and his morality. Hipocrits.

nevadamedic
05-24-2007, 03:57 PM
If this is the same incident I saw reported on TV, they also told the kids that sex with a condom just doesn't feel as good. So much for the argument that they are teaching safe sex.

Parents should look into private schooling or home schooling. A decrease in the student body is the thing school adminstrators care most about.

Are you serious?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

nevadamedic
05-24-2007, 03:58 PM

Huh?

theHawk
05-24-2007, 04:05 PM

So you believe kids have no control over their decisions? Thats bullshit. People are responsible for their own actions, thats what should be taught to kids. Instead liberals like you want kids to believe they're not much higher than animals on the evolutionary scale, and not only are they not responsible for giving into their desires, but its perfectly natural.

LiberalNation
05-24-2007, 04:08 PM
The shrink has no control over the kids and if they want to have sex or do drugs, him telling them no wouldn't do a thing.

Abbey Marie
05-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Are you serious?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

About what exactly?

5stringJeff
05-24-2007, 04:11 PM
The shrink has no control over the kids and if they want to have sex or do drugs, him telling them no wouldn't do a thing.

Ultimately, it is up to a person whether or not they actually engage in sex or drugs. But just as we educate kids about the dangers of drugs, and why they should be avoided, we should also educate kids about teenage sex (and all premarital sex, in Jeff's perfect world), so that they understand the possible outcomes (pregnancy, STDs, dads with shotguns, etc.) and discourage the behavior.

Nienna
05-24-2007, 04:11 PM

See, this is double speak... on the one hand, you are saying the kids control their behavior, no matter what we say. On the other hand you are saying adults' messages might work to influence behavior.

Truth is, no one CAN absolutely control ALL teens' behavior. But if we hope to influence it, why would we send them this mixed message? Just tell them DON'T do it! This isn't some wishy-washy "choice." Drugs and sex are HARMFUL at this age. Period. Some teens will not listen, no matter what we tell them, but the ones who ARE listening deserve to hear the BEST message.

nevadamedic
05-24-2007, 04:12 PM
About what exactly?

About that doctor telling kids not to use condoms because it feels better?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Pale Rider
05-24-2007, 04:13 PM

But their parents do. Like I said, my parents told me different, and I listened to them.

What do your parents tell you? Do your parents encourage you to do drugs and jump on every pipe you want?

LiberalNation
05-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Telling them how to protect themselves may lead to them using protection which would be better than just telling them not to do it period.

Pale Rider
05-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Telling them how to protect themselves may lead to them using protection which would be better than just telling them not to do it period.

Possibly, but that statement is conjecture.

So what do your parents tell you? Do you defy your parents?

5stringJeff
05-24-2007, 04:20 PM

Wrong. Telling them not not do it period is the only acceptable behavior. It's like saying 'Billy, don't shoplift... but if you do, make sure you do it when the cops are over at Dunkin' Donuts.'

nevadamedic
But their parents do. Like I said, my parents told me different, and I listened to them.

What do your parents tell you? Do your parents encourage you to do drugs and jump on every pipe you want?

:laugh2:

LiberalNation
We've had so many pregnancies in my school it's crazy and all those parent stold their kids not to have sex, most didn't even know they were.

What to my parents tell me, not something that comes up a lot but I'd assume it would be don't sleep around or do drugs but I'm a pretty mild kid and don't do any of that anyway. Or non social freak maybe but anyway. If I wanted to do something and didn't see any good reason i shouldn't I would defy my parents and anyone else.

Nienna

It doesn't work that way. There are two kinds of teens: the kind who listen to adults, and the kind who don't. The kind who don't listen are going to do it their own way, no matter what the adults say. The kind who DO listen deserve to get the BEST message. Telling these kids to "protect themselves" instead of telling them "don't do it" is a disservice to them. Telling THESE kids to protect themselves is tantamount to telling them "We EXPECT you to do it."

LiberalNation
05-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Wrong. Telling them not not do it period is the only acceptable behavior. It's like saying 'Billy, don't shoplift... but if you do, make sure you do it when the cops are over at Dunkin' Donuts.'

Which would be smart advice to keep billy from being arrested and his parents having to pay the court fee's.

nevadamedic
05-24-2007, 04:22 PM
It doesn't work that way. There are two kinds of teens: the kind who listen to adults, and the kind who don't. The kind who don't listen are going to do it their own way, no matter what the adults say. The kind who DO listen deserve to get the BEST message. Telling these kids to "protect themselves" instead of telling them "don't do it" is a disservice to them. Telling THESE kids to protect themselves is tantamount to telling them "We EXPECT you to do it."

:clap:

5stringJeff
05-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Which would be smart advice to keep billy from being arrested and his parents having to pay the court fee's.

Wow... you just don't get it. :bang3:

The right answer is that you shouldn't steal at all! Just like the right answer is that high schoolers ought not be having sex! Period!!!

05-24-2007, 04:44 PM

Like I said before if you teach people good principles they will follow. But if you tell them bull crap and encourage bull crap you are going to see them follow bull crap.

Pale Rider
05-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Like I said before if you teach people good principles they will follow. But if you tell them bull crap and encourage bull crap you are going to see them follow bull crap.

That's pretty much it avatar. If you WANT kids to turn into drug addicts having sex at will spreading STD's, then tell them to do it. If you DON'T want kids to turn out like that, TELL THEM DIFFERENT.

It's no surprize to me that LN doesn't get it avatar. She's really out there in left field. She's got so much to learn about life it's pitiful.

05-24-2007, 04:50 PM
That's pretty much it avatar. If you WANT kids to turn into drug addicts having sex at will spreading STD's, then tell them to do it. If you DON'T want kids to turn out like that, TELL THEM DIFFERENT.

It's no surprize to me that LN doesn't get it avatar. She's really out there in left field. She's got so much to learn about life it's pitiful.

She is still young. She will learn sooner or later.

Pale Rider
05-24-2007, 04:55 PM
She is still young. She will learn sooner or later.

Probably the hard way.

glockmail
05-24-2007, 06:57 PM
.... She's really out there in left field. She's got so much to learn about life it's pitiful.

I think 1/2 the time she is just screwing with us, just to piss us off.