PDA

View Full Version : If you were wondering what a real man was, here's the answer

Little-Acorn
07-23-2012, 12:30 PM
A real man is one who, when danger threatens, volunteers to risk his life to protect people they value.

He didn't have to do it, but he did it.

It can happen on a foreign battlefield... or in a movie theater a few blocks from home.

These are REAL MEN.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/aurora-shooting-died-bullets-sweeties-article-1.1119395

Little-Acorn
07-23-2012, 01:07 PM
There may have been other real men in that theater.

How many other men threw their wife or son or girlfriend etc. to the floor and threw his own body on top of them to protect them... but the nutcase with the gun never happened to turn the barrel in his direction?

How many women threw their child or their friend down and covered them, and did not get hit by any subsequent bullets?

"Men" in my description refers to mankind.

jimnyc
07-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Bravo to all of these heroes. When given no time to make a decision, they instinctively placed themselves in harms way to protect their girlfriends. That's heroism, and love.

Man, the more I read about this tragedy the more I wish the cops would have just hit him with about 794 rounds and called it justice.

Little-Acorn
07-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Bravo to all of these heroes. When given no time to make a decision, they instinctively placed themselves in harms way to protect their girlfriends. That's heroism, and love.

Man, the more I read about this tragedy the more I wish the cops would have just hit him with about 794 rounds and called it justice.

7940 volts will do.

But I stand in openmouthed awe at what these real men did. Both the ones who survived and the ones who didn't, God keep their souls.

gabosaurus
07-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Couldn't agree with you more. The word "hero" is better defined by action than words.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Couldn't agree with you more. The word "hero" is better defined by action than words.

Then why were you trying to slyly defend and round about glorify the shooter in comments in my thread about the shooting titled, Here is a guy that really took a bullet for a young girl?
Talking of his brilliant planning ,etc on another thread about the shooting?
Even telling me such heroic actions were what any man would do and therby not heroic at all. -Tyr