PDA

View Full Version : First lawsuits already from the shooting

jimnyc
07-24-2012, 07:26 AM
And I do have an issue already. I know people are hurt over the tragedy, but the blame should be appropriate. I'm sorry, filing a lawsuit just a few short days later, and claiming extreme trauma just doesn't ring right. Extreme trauma but the first thought is a lawsuit? And they want to 1) sue the theater for not having alarms on the doors or guards 2) sue his doctors, as they prescribed medication to him 3) and sue Warner Brothers because it was a violent movie

WTF? I honestly don't see any merit in all 3. Well, maybe the door issue. I always thought the doors in movie theaters were alarmed if opened. I'll have to wait on that one. But a doctor prescribing vicodin might know he was going to shoot up a theater? Or that WB created about the 50 millionth action/violent movie in history?

It's always about lawsuits and $$$ - the lawsuit lottery if you will.

But I do feel for his pain. I'm just not sure the anger and responsibility is directed at the right people.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/24/james-holmes-lawsuit-shooting/

Gaffer
07-24-2012, 07:39 AM
The lawyers were lined up a mile deep immediately following the shooting. A whole theater full of potential lawsuits? It's like blood in the water near a school of sharks.

fj1200
07-24-2012, 09:09 AM
But I do feel for his pain. I'm just not sure the anger and responsibility is directed at the right people.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/24/james-holmes-lawsuit-shooting/

Pain?

Brown, who was not physically injured, claims to now suffer from extreme trauma.

I don't expect much sympathy for him given all that others went through.

Abbey Marie
07-24-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm sure I wasn't far off in my claim that someone would sue for the theater floors being slippery...

jimnyc
07-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Pain?

I don't expect much sympathy for him given all that others went through.

I meant it as in "mental" pain from what he experienced. I'm sure many there didn't like what they saw. I couldn't agree more about the sympathy thing. While I do feel a bit for all that were in attendance and made it out unscathed, I simply don't think that means they all deserve to get rich.

jimnyc
07-24-2012, 09:40 AM
I'm sure I wasn't far off in my claim that someone would sue for the theater floors being slippery...

Give it time. I can see someone stating they endured more than they had to because of spilled soda or sliding on a little popcorn!

gabosaurus
07-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Lawsuit 101: Sue the people with the deepest pockets and ask for a settlement.
In cases like this, I hold the plaintiffs and the lawyers to be equally responsible. As well as equally greedy.
The morning after the theater shooting, I got an email from my cousin's husband, who is an immigration attorney. He listed a dozen different (bogus) reasons for filing lawsuits.
No one is going to sue the shooter himself because he has no money. It's a cash grab all the way.

Kathianne
07-24-2012, 05:18 PM

Perhaps, though my thoughts on the 'slippery' were not oil from popcorn, but blood.

red state
07-24-2012, 05:46 PM
I meant it as in "mental" pain from what he experienced. I'm sure many there didn't like what they saw. I couldn't agree more about the sympathy thing. While I do feel a bit for all that were in attendance and made it out unscathed, I simply don't think that means they all deserve to get rich.

__________________________________________________ _______________

They should sue the State for overbearing firearms law...we ALL should! Less firearm laws...less crime....FACT! More fire arms...more security. FACT!

Well, alarms wouldn't have stopped the madman...probably would have helped him create chaos actually BUT I've always thought the doors should open one way only (unless during an actual fire). These doors are actually pretty sturdy so it is quite possible that he wouldn't have been able to get in in the first place. I also agree that their should be more ushers (as in the olden tymes) but that would probably be an infringement of privacy so that the "neckers" aren't bothered. We are subjected to gropers at air ports but not any form of significant security at the theater.

I'm waiting on metal detectors but it'll be a while till the insanity comes our way....we're more intelligent than other parts of this Nation and we live better to boot!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Give it time. I can see someone stating they endured more than they had to because of spilled soda or sliding on a little popcorn!

A lib lawyer will sue because the theater didnt have bulletproof seats to hide behind!
They should sue the government , a gun club turned down the guy's member application with what little info they had but the government gave him a grant totally 26,000 dollars and he bought his weapons and armor with that money!
Obama is right for once with his recent comment "you couldnt have done it without government aid" !:laugh:
Sad but true, guy used that money to arm himself and buy his armor.-Tyr

gabosaurus
07-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Doctorate candidates quite often get grants in their fields of study. I don't remember a long line of past neurosurgeons having bought weapons with their money. Without grants in aid, we wouldn't have some of the nation's most brilliant minds.

But I am guessing the shooter was a liberal. Aren't most gun enthusiasts liberals? Oh wait...

Kathianne
07-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Be he espousing liberal or conservative agenda, my guess is he's a whack job. Neither. Likely to end up a 'hospital', he's the training to answer the questions to get him there.

jafar00
07-24-2012, 09:27 PM
I think it's disgusting for people to take advantage of this sad occasion for personal gain. There is no reason for it.

gabosaurus
07-24-2012, 10:44 PM
I think it's disgusting for people to take advantage of this sad occasion for personal gain. There is no reason for it.

It's the American way. Which is why this country has so many lawyers.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Doctorate candidates quite often get grants in their fields of study. I don't remember a long line of past neurosurgeons having bought weapons with their money. Without grants in aid, we wouldn't have some of the nation's most brilliant minds.

But I am guessing the shooter was a liberal. Aren't most gun enthusiasts liberals? Oh wait...

He has described himself politically as a middle of the road guy(moderate)! No conservative would dare write such trash so if he was not that then he was indeed farther left IMHO. Your little attempt to imply he is a righty is laughable.
Dont you ever look for facts before you spout off?
He wasnt a gun enthusiast you foolish piece of work. He had just bought the guns to do his wicked insane deed!
Can't you think logicly even for a second or is your leftist gear always spinning?-Tyr

gabosaurus
07-24-2012, 11:48 PM
He wasnt a gun enthusiast you foolish piece of work. He had just bought the guns to do his wicked insane deed!
Can't you think logicly even for a second or is your leftist gear always spinning?-Tyr

I never said he was. Read the statement again:
Aren't most gun enthusiasts liberals?

Reading comprehension is your friend. :cool:

aboutime
07-25-2012, 02:58 PM
It's the American way. Which is why this country has so many lawyers.

Bet you'd take full advantage of those lawyers if given the chance gabby! Hypocrisy isn't your best attribute.

aboutime
07-25-2012, 02:59 PM

If that is true jafar. Why then, did you feel any need to include yourself here, by saying such a thing?