PDA

View Full Version : OSX Mountian Lion Released

Noir
07-25-2012, 11:49 AM
*Sqee*

It was released in the early hours of this morning, OSX 10.8 Mountian Lion costs $19.99 (£13.99) for any 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard users, and is downloadable through the Mac App Store.

ML also comes with Safari 6.0, and among its main features (the one that I'll certainly get the most use out of) is the ability to Message any Mac, iPod, iPhone and iPad for free via iMessgae.

Mines currently downloading and installing while I'm in work, can't wait to get home and get stuck into it ^,^

Also for anyone who had bought a Mac since WWDC (June 11th) you get to upgrade to ML for free.

It has to be said apple are giving a lot of bang for their buck, releasing a whole OS for £13.99, when Windows seven currently costs £60 (and it was £89 when I got it on release day!) me wonders how Microsoft will respond to this new age of a new OS every year at very reasonable prices

jimnyc
07-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Will this run on my PC? Or on my Android powered Acer tablet? :poke:

Noir
07-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Will this run on my PC? Or on my Android powered Acer tablet? :poke:

Hackintoshes are simple enough to build nowadays (they don't even require hacking!) as for the tablet, I think you should be more concerned about it not being able to run 4.1 JellyBean than OSX =P

jafar00
07-25-2012, 01:52 PM
I had a Mac for 2 weeks. I decided to dump it after it got hacked and I lost control of my IM accounts which were used to try and scam my friends and colleagues.

Never again. I went back to Linux :)

Noir
07-25-2012, 02:01 PM
I had a Mac for 2 weeks. I decided to dump it after it got hacked and I lost control of my IM accounts which were used to try and scam my friends and colleagues.

Never again. I went back to Linux :)

0: got any more details? The only other hack if known of personally was a guy I knew stateside who got the Russian Flashback Malware earlier in the year.

What type of virius enabled the hack, how did it infect you, how where you alerted to it, in what way did it use your IMs, and when about did it take place?