PDA

View Full Version : It Seems The Chick-Fil-A Owne Didn't Say Quite What He Was Quoted As Saying

Kathianne
07-26-2012, 04:48 PM
http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=38314

It sounds to me that this echoes what Mr. P said about the family:

Some Chick-fil-A news reports called 'distorted'
By Shawn Hendricks/Biblical Recorder
Jul 20, 2012

<tbody>

</tbody>
Editor's note: To read our earlier story, "Chick-fil-A, in nat'l media storm, swims against cultural tide," click here. (http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=38301)

CARY, N.C. (BP) -- As debate swirls over comments made by Chick-fil-A's president, the Biblical Recorder's editor described many media reports of his conversation with the company's president as "distorted."

During a call-in radio interview Thursday (July 19) with WORD-FM in Pittsburgh, K. Allan Blume described his conversation with Chick-fil-A's Dan Cathy as "very positive," unlike how it is being portrayed in a variety of news reports.

<tbody>

</tbody>
Baptist Press re-posted the original story (http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=38271) July 16, which was published in the Recorder's July 7 issue and posted on its website (brnow.org (http://www.brnow.org/)). After Baptist Press re-posted the story, related articles soon surfaced in the Huffington Post, Associated Press, USAToday, Los Angeles Times, Fox News, and other news agencies -- some of which ran articles with "anti-gay" in the headline.

Many of those reports "turned [the original story] into a negative," said Blume, adding the term "anti-gay" never came up in the June interview while Cathy was speaking in the Raleigh, N.C., area.

"He was not saying 'guilty as charged anti-gay,'" Blume added. "[Cathy] never even brought up that subject. Everything he stated was on the positive side … He never stated anything negative."

Blume asked Cathy about opposition to the company's support of the traditional family, and Cathy responded, "Well, guilty as charged."

In the interview Cathy went on to say, "We are very much supportive of the family -- the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that."

Blume expressed his surprise at how standing up for traditional family values in today's politically correct society has become code for hate speech.

"I don't understand why that's a bad thing all of a sudden," he told the radio hosts. "It was not an anti-gay statement. It was a pro-family statement."

"Sadly even some religious press organizations have published that as an anti-gay statement."

Blume added that during their conversation Cathy also said, "We're a business that serves the public, all people are welcomed into Chick-fil-A, and frankly we do not feel called to weigh in on a lot of social activism that's taking place as it relates to the definition of the family, but we do definitely want to encourage strong families."

Blume, who has not been in touch with Cathy or the company since the story was first published, referred to Chick-fil-A as a "class organization."

"They're very positive," he said. "This is basically an All-American organization that's worked hard and been very successful, and yet, they're painted to be very anti-American or something worse than that.

"They don't shut anybody out from their restaurant … they welcome everyone."

red state
07-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Thanks for that, Kathianne, and particularly, the following comment:
Blume expressed his surprise at how standing up for traditional family values in today's politically correct society has become code for hate speech.

"I don't understand why that's a bad thing all of a sudden," he told the radio hosts. "It was not an anti-gay statement. It was a pro-family statement."

"Sadly even some religious press organizations have published that as an anti-gay statement."

The liberal/Nazis of our time are ALL for tolerance....until it comes to them doing likewise. In fact, WE THE PEOPLE, have tolerated stupidity up to our necks...it is time for a REAL change and that change has nothing to do with, for or by the lil' libbie loser lemmings other than getting them out of our hair. 2012 people...let's repeat NOv. of 2010!!!

:flyflag:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Thanks for that, Kathianne, and particularly, the following comment:

The liberal/Nazis of our time are ALL for tolerance....until it comes to them doing likewise. In fact, WE THE PEOPLE, have tolerated stupidity up to our necks...it is time for a REAL change and that change has nothing to do with, for or by the lil' libbie loser lemmings other than getting them out of our hair. 2012 people...let's repeat NOv. of 2010!!!

:flyflag:

Tried to send you a pm but your box is full amigo!!

On topic, we change the course this coming election or I believe we will never have another chance to do so by peaceful means! Vote the scum out then or we will suffer unimagineable tragedies later on IMHO.-Tyr

red state
07-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Tried to send you a pm but your box is full amigo!!

On topic, we change the course this coming election or I believe we will never have another chance to do so by peaceful means! Vote the scum out then or we will suffer unimagineable tragedies later on IMHO.-Tyr

I did get the PM...and without doing a thing. R U Sure that it wasn't your inbox that is full?! HA!! I'll check on it tho.

Drummond
07-26-2012, 06:04 PM
I did get the PM...and without doing a thing. R U Sure that it wasn't your inbox that is full?! HA!! I'll check on it tho.

Red State, I got your reply to my PM, and thanks very much for it ! I'll just say here that you're more than welcome.

But Tyr echoes what I found .. I tried to PM you my reply, and got a message saying you need to clear some messages.

Anyway, enough said. My pleasure.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Red State, I got your reply to my PM, and thanks very much for it ! I'll just say here that you're more than welcome.

But Tyr echoes what I found .. I tried to PM you my reply, and got a message saying you need to clear some messages.

Anyway, enough said. My pleasure.

I agree that boy needs to clear some messages as some us us want to send pm's setting his azz straight!;)
Sumtimes he bees az brite as a mud fence on a cloudy day..... I swear by crackins'..:laugh2:--Tyr

Drummond
07-26-2012, 06:15 PM
I agree that boy needs to clear some messages as some us us want to send pm's setting his azz straight!;)
Sumtimes he bees az brite as a mud fence on a cloudy day..... I swear by crackins'..:laugh2:--Tyr

Well, no worries, Tyr. He's a good man. We Conservatives need to stick together - - and defeat the Leftie menace. And as for the Muslim propagandists and bomb throwers of this world, do they even deserve comment ?

07-26-2012, 07:02 PM
just goes to show how far the media is willing to go to stir up controversy when none exists. and sadly how many people blindly believe the media without going to see what was actually said.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Well, no worries, Tyr. He's a good man. We Conservatives need to stick together - - and defeat the Leftie menace. And as for the Muslim propagandists and bomb throwers of this world, do they even deserve comment ?

Make no mistake my friend , my comments about my good friend Redstate were all good natured Southern ribbing.
He is a southern fried country boy and knows that well.--:beer:--Tyr