PDA

View Full Version : So, is AIR next?

red state
07-27-2012, 02:21 PM
So, is AIR next?

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4001252

According to the report, catching rain water is against the law. The lil' people who were doing the same thing within the report weren't effected by the law or hunted down (yet) because big bro/big sis, at the moment, have "BIGGER FISH TO FRY". I didn't really research this one but it seems to be clear that the lil' guy is in violation of whatever stupid law this is and they're simply safe from prosecution or citation (for now). Isn't that the way all gov. intrusion leaves us...[safe for now].est assured, Agenda 21 is surrounding every aspect of our lives. Read whatever you want into this but I take it for what I see...a threat in EVERY aspect of our lives

Tax/regulate/legislate fat people, Conservative Talk Radio, gun toters and now water hoarders. Liberals are for all of these things YET they seek to reduce or rid dope smokers of such 'inconveniences'. Why? Please don't tell me that liberals are all for the regulating, legislating or taxing only when it opposes their way of life or opinions? Take Chick-fi-la...this company NEVER turned a homosexual or sodomite away or refused hiring such trash. They merely made a pro family statement that they are not favorable towards marriage being perverted from what the Bible defines as marriage.

As the old saying goes from one of our GREATEST: Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: if it moves, TAX it, if it keeps moving, REGULATE it and if it stops moving SUBSIDIZE it."
~Ronald Reagan

First, they ban or heavily regulate hand guns and then they ban and/or heavily regulate this and that till they cry out for a ban of ALL firearms (other than muskets/single shot weapons). Once they've gotten us that far, they'll ban ALL guns and then, my friends, AIR is and anything else they want to tax or regulate will be next. A tank of gas, a cell phone and a or a few more components can cause quite a bit of damage, death and may·hem but I don't see a ban on cell phones or gas stations like the lil' libbie loser bums try to do with Gun Owners or Gun Dealers.

Should we regulate how much gas one can purchase so that we're certain that bombs aren't made? It truly is KraZy....like this water law is absolutely KraZy...unless you're one of the few that are KraZy!!!! Liberalism truly is a mental disorder.

red state
07-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Perhaps I (or WE THE PEOPLE) should have or should consult with the WATER MASTER before digging a bass lake....it isn't "FAIR" to hoard all that what that would normally flow to folks in need. WOW!

Who does the gov think he/she is 3743

gabosaurus
07-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.

Don't ask me what I want it for
If you don't want to pay some more

Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes
And you're working for no one but me.

red state
07-27-2012, 03:05 PM
http://askville.amazon.com/Jason-Mat...estId=67369758

"We must be that generation that stands athwart history yelling, 'Hey, JACK@$$, get your government off my freedom!'
~Jason Mattera

Likewise...JACK@$$!

fj1200
07-27-2012, 03:11 PM
So, is AIR next?

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4001252

I didn't really research this one...

Did you miss the part about it being an old legal concept? I wouldn't be surprised if it predates A21 by a century or two. Their problem was likely in asking for permission and having a government official unable to understand which box to check.

But nothing like a four-year old story to rile things up.

gabosaurus
07-27-2012, 03:14 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvws11P4nO1qd0sg1o1_500.jpg

fj1200
07-27-2012, 03:15 PM
^I think you've beaten RSR's record of how many false premises can be jammed into one cartoon.

Thunderknuckles
07-27-2012, 03:17 PM
I get the original intent of the water laws they have. However ,they are outdated and appear to have been changed as of 2010.
Directly from the Water Rights board in Utah:
http://www.waterrights.utah.gov/wrinfo/faq.asp#q1

"Rainwater harvesting is now legal in the state of Utah, starting May 11 2010."

gabosaurus
07-27-2012, 03:18 PM
^I think you've beaten RSR's record of how many false premises can be jammed into one cartoon.

I think they are all entirely truthful. You can start to deal with the current budget crisis until you realize how we got here. Which is zero oversight on banks,mega corporations and Big Oil.

Roo
07-27-2012, 03:27 PM
I think they are all entirely truthful. You can start to deal with the current budget crisis until you realize how we got here. Which is zero oversight on banks,mega corporations and Big Oil.

Wow teach, the current economic crisis stems from Dodd/Frank and Fannie/Freddie....and the Gov FORCING the Banks to make those loans.

red state
07-27-2012, 03:35 PM
What does old got to do with it when the overall threat of such things are still in place and that was my point. Was this concept over your head...could you not provide something meaningful (whether positive or negative) about the situation. So, I take it that your are all for such stupidity as anti-gun laws for EVERYONE but the insane and criminal. I suppose you're for property owners being driven from their property yet still required to pay property taxes on said property because of a so-called endangered species. I'd be willing to say that you're probably even for big gov. sticking its nose in just about anything and everything as long as it benefits your belief system or standards that we all should be forced to live by. Yep, you're probably the type who is screaming for a tax/regulations on AIR for everyone but lil' libbie losers, muSLUMs or homosexuals. RIGHT?

fj1200
07-27-2012, 03:50 PM

The latter has zero to do with the former. The budget crisis is spending too much while stifling growth which would lead to revenues.

Enron: Laws were broken and people went to jail. The cure (Sarbanes-Oxley) is worse than the disease.
Banks: They exist in a highly regulated environment. It was the Fed's fault anyway.
BP: Ditto the highly regulated environment.

fj1200
07-27-2012, 03:53 PM
I get the original intent of the water laws they have. However ,they are outdated and appear to have been changed as of 2010.

WHAT?!? You mean the state of Utah HASN'T moved to become the most communist state this side of North Korea and instead has made a sensible change in law based on current situations!!! The F' you say!

fj1200
07-27-2012, 04:00 PM
What does old got to do with it when the overall threat of such things are still in place and that was my point. Strawman Army

I'll assume that you're directing the comment to me. Old has EVERYTHING to do with it when laws are made without foresight to what new technologies or issues might be coming down the road. Government, by its nature, has almost zero foresight but UT has seen to correct what was wrong (see Thunderknuckles post).

I do, however, see that you also can't see past the slightest bit of the counter to any argument that gets in the way of your ranting and must proceed to create strawmen and false positions for other posters.

red state
07-27-2012, 04:03 PM
12-year-old girl banned from wearing rosary necklace at school; she's told it's a gang symbol in her small Nebraska town.

The family of a paralyzed Afghanistan veteran is going head-to-head with a Texas school district over pro-military t-shirts that apparently landed two their elementary school children in trouble.

It doesn't matter if it is local as with the examples above or with previous stories that I mentioned within my opening address. It doesn't matter if it is State Wide or Federal in the taking of land, banning of religious beliefs or in honoring our military. It doesn't matter if it is within a Conservative State or a Liberal one...Stupidity knows no boundaries and it is time that We The People put a stop to such foolishness. Sadly, part of the problem is the stupidity that sees only this and that instead of the big picture. Does anyone know or remember what happened more than 200 years ago?! Does anyone even care that this 'outdated' story still applies....or should?! Look at what we've become. We are taxed and bullied more so that when King George had his foot on our necks and all we can say about a thread is that it was "resolved" or it is "outdated". It is no wonder we are in the shape we are in. I don't care if it happened yesterday or 10 years ago....it riles me as a REAL American and it should rile every other American as well. I think about Katrina EVERY week (if not every day) and I ask myself....what happened to AMERICA! Well, you guys have given me my answer.

Thanks Roo, Drummond, Gaffer and a few others! Good to know that some among us have common sense and an idea of RIGHT and wrong/left.

red state
07-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Should have never been a law...sad

The lil' libbie loser mayor of New Orleans and all his little libbie, Anti-American NAZIS should have NEVER confiscated guns either....but they did.

The family in Mississippi should have been able to move back into their home after Katrina...but they weren't because a so-called frog or some other critter may have gone extinct. The Southaven, MS (South of Memphis) home where a family had lived for 30 years shouldn't have lost their home to a GOLF COURSE....but they did!!! That was back in Clinton's day....is that far back enough for you guys. No, I don't forget injustices and neither should any of you! Especially when we had a recent event such as the lil' libbie Nazis banning a restaurant. It is a GRAB! A grab of total power and total control over the sovereignty of WE THE PEOPLE.

So, my question remains...well AIR be next?

red state
07-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Directly from the Water Rights board in Utah:
http://www.waterrights.utah.gov/wrinfo/faq.asp#q1

"Rainwater harvesting is now legal in the state of Utah, starting May 11 2010."

Should of NEVER been a law...but thanks for your enlightened outlook on this thread. It certainly enlightened me a great deal. "THANKS".

fj1200
07-27-2012, 05:02 PM
It doesn't matter...

:facepalm99: So you'll use pretty much anything to go off half-cocked eh?

fj1200
07-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Should of NEVER been a law...

You don't even know the origin of the law.

red state
07-27-2012, 05:12 PM
:facepalm99: So you'll use pretty much anything to go off half-cocked eh?

Just as you will use any excuse to go off FULL-kooked!

Get off the weed...it is bad for you. Then again, smoke lots and Lots and LOTS more...I could care less.

fj1200
07-27-2012, 05:17 PM

You couldn't burn down a strawman with lighter fluid in a drought.

Anton Chigurh
07-27-2012, 05:17 PM
So, is AIR next?What do you mean "next?" They're already taxing the air, what do you think the Clean Air Act is really all about?

They're looking to expand that too, with "Cap and Trade" and "penalties" for homeowners who use too much energy.

red state
07-27-2012, 05:18 PM
You don't even know the origin of the law.

Inform me then...just as your pal informed me of dates and other insignificant matters. In fact, hunt down all the other stories while you're at it and since you're the historian and political analyst of DP and give the exact dates and reasons for all the anti-American atrocities that I briefly mentioned. This is my challenge to you and your gift to me.

fj1200
07-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Inform me then...

Not sure who my pal is but...

http://www.smithhartvigsen.com/resources/archive/overview.htm

Did you know that water rights are treated as real property in UT? I actually appreciate it when my private property is afforded protection by the state, or any, government.

red state
07-27-2012, 05:24 PM
What do you mean "next?" They're already taxing the air, what do you think the Clean Air Act is really all about?

They're looking to expand that too, with "Cap and Trade" and "penalties" for homeowners who use too much energy.

We have a winner! Someone who actually contributes to a thread with intelligence. Thanks!!!! You are so right and nailed the very point of this thread.

We are living under the thumb of a tyrannical gov. and I will dare say, under the boot of a minority due to political correctness and overall ignorance from our so-called leaders. If one was to place an America on trial for the past crimes of being a light to the rest of the world....there wouldn't be enough evidence to convict because America of today is nothing like the America that the GREATEST Generation lived under and preserved.

You are RIGHT on target and I appreciate the post!

fj1200
07-27-2012, 05:26 PM
We have a winner!

Someone finally bailed out your worthless thread with relevant information.

red state
07-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Not sure who my pal is but...

http://www.smithhartvigsen.com/resources/archive/overview.htm

Did you know that water rights are treated as real property in UT? I actually appreciate it when my private property is afforded protection by the state, or any, government.

Those like you (maybe) and I'm still waiting on the info that was requested.

fj1200
07-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Those like you (maybe) and I'm still waiting on the info that was requested.

Do your own job. I'm sure you'll get distracted enough to go on completely different rant.

Thunderknuckles
07-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Should of NEVER been a law...but thanks for your enlightened outlook on this thread. It certainly enlightened me a great deal. "THANKS".
The old laws were created to protect farmers downstream from farmers upstream abusing water diversion for the purpose of irrigation.
Sounds perfectly reasonable does it not?

Now, the article you posted was a perfect example of how times have changed, interpretation of the law was taken way too far, and the water laws needed to be amended. Thankfully officials in Utah did the right thing and made a reasonable change in the law so it would no longer be illegal for grandma to collect rain water for her flowers, which is agreeably preposterous. The only thing I would add is that this should have been done long before 2010.

I consider that a reasonable view of the situation without having to resort to hysterical rants about "lil' libbie losers, muSLUMs or homosexuals"

red state
07-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Someone finally bailed out your worthless thread with relevant information.

I'm glad someone provided useful info because you certainly haven't. The link you sent was hog wash and didn't even complete itself with anything other than what we all know just from watching old cowboy films. The conclusion of this article was equally a waste of time:

"F. CONCLUSION: There are numerous areas of water law omitted or only mentioned briefly in this presentation. Many of these areas, such as water quality, federal reserved water rights and security interests in water rights are too complex to be dealt with here. Hopefully, this discussion of basic Utah water Hopefully, this discussion of basic Utah water law will help the reader to recognize water law issues which would otherwise go unnoticed." With that hogwash said, explain why a REAL American should have problems with the reported law that was stricken from the books (and for good reason). One of my questions, in making a point, was if it is unlawful for a property owner to build a bass pond or a watering hole.

I truly don't need an answer because I already know what this law and laws like it are all about and why it was finally done away with. Now, if you care to educate us as to the exact dates of the stories I mentioned and the details of each story, I'd conclude that you may possibly have a bit of sense but I also know, in advance, the reason as to why you will avoid that as well. So predictable. So pathetic.

red state
07-27-2012, 05:54 PM
The old laws were created to protect farmers downstream from farmers upstream abusing water diversion for the purpose of irrigation.
Sounds perfectly reasonable does it not?

Now, the article you posted was a perfect example of how times have changed, interpretation of the law was taken way too far, and the water laws needed to be amended. Thankfully officials in Utah did the right thing and made a reasonable change in the law so it would no longer be illegal for grandma to collect rain water for her flowers, which is agreeably preposterous. The only thing I would add is that this should have been done long before 2010.

I consider that a reasonable view of the situation without having to resort to hysterical rants about "lil' libbie losers, muSLUMs or homosexuals"

You post your way and I'll post my way....in fact, you should have posted the info above before sending the first reply that attributed nothing to the thread. In fact, you still haven't addressed the real issues behind the thread and your hostility towards my use of homosexuals and the rest of your pals is perfectly understandable but now interesting. What is interesting is how the intolerant folks within the liberal ranks fail to contribute to a conversation and try to discredit the one they oppose. If that steams you....so be it. Is there anyone within this site that is a lil' libbie loser lemming? If so, let them fight their own battles. Otherwise, I'll assume that you are exactly what you so zealously defend. I realize that there are liberals within our membership but as I've explained in times past, there's a big difference between a liberal and a lil' libbie loser lemming. Got it?! Good!

So, with your detailed explaination, one was unlawful in digging watering holes for their cattle or bass ponds. Hhhmmmmm, that sounds VERY American. I do understand the need to regulate some @$$ for blocking a river or stream, however. good post. That would have been much better as an opening presence to this thread. I almost clicked the THANKS button.

Thunderknuckles
07-27-2012, 06:09 PM
You post your way and I'll post my way....in fact, you should have posted the info above before sending the first reply that attributed nothing to the thread. In fact, you still haven't addressed the real issues behind the thread and your hostility towards my use of homosexuals and the rest of your pals is perfectly understandable but now interesting. What is interesting is how the intolerant folks within the liberal ranks fail to contribute to a conversation and try to discredit the one they oppose. If that steams you....so be it. Is there anyone within this site that is a lil' libbie loser lemming? If so, let them fight their own battles. Otherwise, I'll assume that you are exactly what you so zealously defend. I realize that there are liberals within our membership but as I've explained in times past, there's a big difference between a liberal and a lil' libbie loser lemming. Got it?! Good!

So, with your detailed explaination, one was unlawful in digging watering holes for their cattle or bass ponds. Hhhmmmmm, that sounds VERY American. I do understand the need to regulate some @$$ for blocking a river or stream, however. good post. That would have been much better as an opening presence to this thread. I almost clicked the THANKS button.
To be clear: I am not hostile towards you, or at least not trying to be.
I don't think I was trying to defend anyone in this thread. I started out posting a fact about current law then followed up with my opinion later.
Finally, I'm not above dishing out a little "Thanks" even to those that disagree with me.

red state
07-27-2012, 06:21 PM
To be clear: I am not hostile towards you, or at least not trying to be.
I don't think I was trying to defend anyone in this thread. I started out posting a fact about current law then followed up with my opinion later.
Finally, I'm not above dishing out a little "Thanks" even to those that disagree with me.

Nor am I...and you most certainly had one coming till the "U post this way" bit. That thru me all out of focus. I'm glad that you posted what you did later on and am appreciative of you explanation. No blood, no foul...gotta go back to the Olympic thread now before I lose my thoughts. HA!

~Thanks for the thanks~

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Air, food and water all have been taxed for some time now. Obama's administration caters to the enviro wackos and whatever group seeks to take away our rights while they engineer costly regulations to further divide and weaken this nation.
Redstate, you will find that some here will disagree with you merely because you are a newbie, then we have here what are called resident experts(know it alls) that believe this forum has been overran by we newbies that are the next thing to nazi's. One that thinks he is a mod and acts about like CH did before he lit out for greener pastures. In fact was CH's other half, mutt and jeff, what a team.
Great thread my friend, never mind the usual naysayers, they keep a stick up their asses no matter what site they are on. And just like the ones we left on the old forum they like to pretend to be rightside moderates or even conservatives so they can get their liberal propaganda in from time to time.
Hows that for my reading between the lines from the posts contributed to this your first thread here?-Tyr

red state
07-27-2012, 06:47 PM

Ring on, RING loud and RING OFTEN!!!! Says I!!!!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-27-2012, 06:50 PM

Ring on, RING loud and RING OFTEN!!!! Says I!!!!

You need to make room in your message box AGAIN my friend. Tried to send you a pm but got message its full.
Please do so now..-Tyr

fj1200
07-29-2012, 11:02 PM
I truly don't need an answer because I already know what this law and laws like it are all about and why it was finally done away with. Now, if you care to educate us as to the exact dates of the stories I mentioned and the details of each story, I'd conclude that you may possibly have a bit of sense but I also know, in advance, the reason as to why you will avoid that as well. So predictable. So pathetic.

I don't think you do because the law wasn't "done away with," it was modified to allow rainwater harvesting; Water rights as real property is still in effect. Now to the rest of your blather, I'm not really sure what you're on about other than trying to create positions for me that I haven't taken as per usual with you folks.

fj1200
07-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Great thread my friend,

:laugh: