PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Douglas donates 50 million..

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-29-2012, 07:08 PM
My all time favorite actor Kirk douglas age 95 donates 50 million to charities.-Tyr
http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/kirk-douglas-donates-50-million-to-charity-1695987.story

Hollywood legend Kirk Douglas has pledged a massive $50 million donation to charity.
The "Spartacus" star and his wife, Anne, will give the money to five nonprofit organizations through their Douglas Foundation.

A portion of the cash will go to improve the Harry's Haven Alzheimer's unit at the Motion Picture & Television Fund's retirement home and hospital in Woodland Hills, Calif., while part of the donation will help the Kirk Douglas Theater in Culver City.
Anne's women's shelter in Los Angeles has also been named as a recipient, as well as Douglas' alma mater, St. Lawrence University in New York, which will receive funding to boost a scholarship program for minority students.
In a statement, 95-year-old Douglas says, "Anne and I are of one mind in our philosophical approach to philanthropy. We believe caring is sharing."

jimnyc
07-29-2012, 07:27 PM
That's one hell of a donation, regardless of the recipient or reasoning. All good causes too. I wasn't a huge fan, not that I disliked him, just never saw a lot of his material. He's made me a fan of sorts now though.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-29-2012, 07:38 PM
That's one hell of a donation, regardless of the recipient or reasoning. All good causes too. I wasn't a huge fan, not that I disliked him, just never saw a lot of his material. He's made me a fan of sorts now though.

I believe I've seen all his movies. It was always a toss up with me whether he gets first place or Glenn Ford, both did western movies as well as war movies etc. Finally decided Kirk gets first place and Glenn Ford gets second.
Both are absolutely great actors and both reveal a lot about themselves on the screen to IMHO.
I agree my friend , 50 million isnt chump change! -Tyr

Abbey Marie
08-02-2012, 09:55 AM
How charitable some people become when facing the grave.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-02-2012, 10:05 AM
How charitable some people become when facing the grave.

Don't know how charitable he has been his whole life but better late than never.
Better than leaving it to an animal as some people do. I love animals but when we have people that are in so desperate need leaving millions to an animals points toward insanity IMHO.-Tyr