PDA

View Full Version : Chad Everett died July 24th..

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-29-2012, 08:13 PM
This guy is the actor that my mom thought hung the moon. I guess he was ok but I didnt see it. Seems like his tv show was on at the same time we kids wanted to watch a show on another channel but mom always won because we had no votes in the matter.;)
I do remember he was very big during that time as a sex symbol for women!--Tyr

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/chad-everett-star-of-tv-drama-medical-center-dies-at-75/2012/07/25/gJQA5aw19W_story.html

Mr. Everett was a journeyman Hollywood actor before he took on the lead role in “Medical Center” in 1969 as Dr. Joe Gannon, a surgeon at a university medical center.

The tall, square-jawed Mr. Everett was economical with his words yet sensitive in his bedside manner as a doctor who solved medical mysteries and soothed the broken hearts and personal problems of his patients and staff.

When the show premiered, Washington Post television writer Lawrence Laurent called it “a certain winner in the new season,” with “the proper blend of medical tension, attractive performers and what passes on television for painstaking production.”

“Medical Center” aired on CBS from 1969 to 1976 and was the longest-running TV medical drama until it was surpassed by “ER,” which starred another handsome leading man playing a doctor, George Clooney.

Mr. Everett said he insisted that all the procedures depicted on “Medical Center” be performed as authentically as possible.

“I needed to know we were doing things right,” he told the St. Petersburg (Fla.) Times in 1994. “We always had one, sometimes two or three, technical advisers on the set.”

In the same interview, Mr. Everett pointed out that the show addressed many subjects that were considered controversial at the time.

“We took on unfair insurance and employment practices,” he said, “and we did shows on alcoholism, transsexualism and homosexuality, among others.”

Mr. Everett was also reportedly the first actor to address the American Medical Association.

Raymon Lee Cramton was born June 11, 1937, in South Bend, Ind. His father was a mechanic and race-car driver.

Shadow
07-29-2012, 08:15 PM
This guy is the actor that my mom thought hung the moon. I guess he was ok but I didnt see it. Seems like his tv show was on at the same time we kids wanted to watch a show on another channel but mom always won because we had no votes in the matter.;)
I do remember he was very big during that time as a sex symbol for women!--Tyr

Total hottie. From Medical Center....among other things. Very sad that he is gone.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Total hottie. From Medical Center....among other things. Very sad that he is gone.

My mom would have agreed with you on that 100%. She would watch that show and demand that we sit there, not move a muscle or say a single word! Even my young sisters were apeshat over the guy , especially my older sister Judy!-Tyr

Shadow
07-29-2012, 08:42 PM
My mom would have agreed with you on that 100%. She would watch that show and demand that we sit there, not move a muscle or say a single word! Even my young sisters were apeshat over the guy , especially my older sister Judy!-Tyr

My mom had the hots for Bill Bixby. So for us it was the Hulk every Friday night (we didn't mind that one though). Another one who died too soon. :(