PDA

View Full Version : There is a reason why some Muslims wear the hijab

gabosaurus
08-01-2012, 05:29 PM
The controversy that threatened to overshadow the Olympic heavyweight womens judo event has been resolved, with 16 year old Saudi athlete Wojden Shaherkani being allowed to wear a hijab specifically designed for competition.
But I warn you, if you decide to watch her first (and most likely only) match, you are going to be sorry you opposed her wearing the more traditional garb.

http://www.sinarharian.com.my/polopoly_fs/1.70957.1343475067%21/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_400/image.jpg

I know God is going to get me for posting this, so don't be surprised if I don't reply. :p

jimnyc
08-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Not because she is a woman, and not because she is a Muslim, and for not other reason than the pictures I have seen of this woman. She is UGLY, and I would fight as long as possible to cover my head as well! LOL

Yes, as I wrote in another thread, she'll be able to wear the hijab. But it wasn't really her fight, it was her father who went to the IOC and told them that he was pulling her out if she couldn't wear it.

Dilloduck
08-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Does this mean I'm allowed to play water polo in my robes ?

jimnyc
08-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Does this mean I'm allowed to play water polo in my robes ?

Only if you wear the hijab too. Please post a picture of yourself in a hijab and your bathrobe! LOL

Kathianne
08-01-2012, 06:45 PM
I think that this thread is focused on other than sport. The sport should be the main topic regarding Olympics. I'm not usually a feminist sort of poster, but commenting on her looks, weight, etc. Wrong. BTW, I'm pretty much the same when talking about women in general. Michelle Obama for instance, I find many threads or rather posts, offensive. Not that they aren't 'true' but that that particular truth pales on the things within ones control.

One can be a perfect weight, but genes determine butt. That's an example.

jimnyc
08-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Probably right, Kath, and I know I'm in a small minority. But I post highly of hot women and lowly of ugly chicks since the inception of my boards when they are posted. I'm not going to get all PC because it's a Muslim in a hijab. Is it in poor taste? Yep! I'm guilty!

taft2012
08-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Saw a hot Muslim girl on the subway today. Head scarf, big brown doe eyes. Blue jeans, over shapely bottom. Slim body, ample breasts.

:hitit:

aboutime
08-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Not because she is a woman, and not because she is a Muslim, and for not other reason than the pictures I have seen of this woman. She is UGLY, and I would fight as long as possible to cover my head as well! LOL

Yes, as I wrote in another thread, she'll be able to wear the hijab. But it wasn't really her fight, it was her father who went to the IOC and told them that he was pulling her out if she couldn't wear it.

Gotta agree with the OOgly part jimnyc. But if she gets a GOLD at the Olympics. Will it be the first time for a Female SUMO wrestler who must cover her head to spare the rest of us??

Maybe her father doesn't want to shock us...thus the Hijab????

jafar00
08-01-2012, 08:09 PM
I think that this thread is focused on other than sport. The sport should be the main topic regarding Olympics. I'm not usually a feminist sort of poster, but commenting on her looks, weight, etc. Wrong. BTW, I'm pretty much the same when talking about women in general. Michelle Obama for instance, I find many threads or rather posts, offensive. Not that they aren't 'true' but that that particular truth pales on the things within ones control.

One can be a perfect weight, but genes determine butt. That's an example.

Well said. There are too many threads about how sexy or how ugly women are at the Olympics but little to know talk about their sport or what they do.