PDA

View Full Version : YAY!! My daughter got accepted to a charter school today.

Shadow
08-01-2012, 07:26 PM
I was getting kinda worried that she would end up a flunky. But she did good. Took the initiative...set up her own interview and placement test (even got herself there on her own)...and passed. I am pretty proud of her right now.:thumb:

jimnyc
08-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Congrats, to both of you!

aboutime
08-01-2012, 07:37 PM
It's wonderful to hear GOOD News for a change.

That success is on a plane with being accepted into College. Great!

Much good luck, and happiness for you, and your daughter. Her new life of learning WILL NOW BEGIN.

Missileman
08-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Congo Rats! :thumb:

Kathianne
08-01-2012, 07:45 PM
I was getting kinda worried that she would end up a flunky. But she did good. Took the initiative...set up her own interview and placement test (even got herself there on her own)...and passed. I am pretty proud of her right now.:thumb:

Congrats, you should be very proud!

Shadow
08-01-2012, 08:02 PM
It's wonderful to hear GOOD News for a change.

That success is on a plane with being accepted into College. Great!

Much good luck, and happiness for you, and your daughter. Her new life of learning WILL NOW BEGIN.

Thanks! She was really struggling last year both with school and personal stuff. This will go a long way to boost her morale.

Kathianne
08-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Thanks! She was really struggling last year both with school and personal stuff. This will go a long way to boost her morale.

Yep, give the chance for a kid to succeed and to fail. They learn much. Hard to do sometimes.

Why did she get there on 'her own?' Her choice?

Because I'm nosy, what grade or age cohort? Middle school? High School?

SassyLady
08-01-2012, 08:26 PM

Wonderful news Shadow!!! She will be challenged and will grow exponentially from the experience!

Shadow
08-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Yep, give the chance for a kid to succeed and to fail. They learn much. Hard to do sometimes.

Why did she get there on 'her own?' Her choice?

Because I'm nosy, what grade or age cohort? Middle school? High School?

She didn't want to go back to her other school (she is in High School). Apparently she had called the school...filled out an application...and had a friend take her there to be tested without telling anyone about it. Found out today she was accepted.

I am going to assume she didn't tell anyone incase she didn't pass the placement test.

Shadow
08-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Wonderful news Shadow!!! She will be challenged and will grow exponentially from the experience!

I think she already has. I was kind of shocked that she did this on her own actually. I was fully expecting to have to drag her kicking and screaming through another year of school. She just proved to me that she can be motivated when she wants to. I am pretty relieved actually. *whew* ...all the drama from last year paid off...FINALLY. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Congrats to you both! Proud, you should be!--Tyr

Mr. P
08-01-2012, 10:39 PM
The child has Drive, shows Independence and has Goals! A Parents DREAM! :2up:

SassyLady
08-01-2012, 11:43 PM
I think she already has. I was kind of shocked that she did this on her own actually. I was fully expecting to have to drag her kicking and screaming through another year of school. She just proved to me that she can be motivated when she wants to. I am pretty relieved actually. *whew* ...all the drama from last year paid off...FINALLY. :laugh:

If she is looking for more structure, more learning and higher expectations of each and every student, then she has found the right place. I wish I were there to give you a hug because what she did means that you raised a pretty smart young lady!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Shadow}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

:dancer:

gabosaurus
08-01-2012, 11:56 PM
I think this is AWESOME! :beer:

I am a huge supporter of charter schools. It gives a place for gifted and talented students who might be held back by traditional classes. There are also schools for music and visual arts, as well as students who have attention deficit or behavioral problems.
Congrats to your daughter for taking the initiative.

Abbey Marie
08-02-2012, 01:21 AM
She didn't want to go back to her other school (she is in High School). Apparently she had called the school...filled out an application...and had a friend take her there to be tested without telling anyone about it. Found out today she was accepted.

I am going to assume she didn't tell anyone incase she didn't pass the placement test.

I am impressed by her initiative! Congrats to you both! :clap:

KarlMarx
08-02-2012, 06:26 AM
Congratulations!