PDA

View Full Version : Obama splurges, gives 5 grand to his own campaign!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-01-2012, 11:13 PM
http://sweetness-light.com/archive/obama-gives-a-measly-5k-to-his-campaign

Obama Gave A Measly $5K To His Campaign
From the Politico:

Obama donates to himself
By BYRON TAU | Tuesday July 31, 2012

In an email to supporters this morning, Obama said that he had given to his own reelection campaign for the first time as a symbolic gesture.

In fact, Obama even made a video of his donating to his campaign.

"On its own, what I gave won’t be enough to surmount the unprecedented fundraising we’ve seen on the other side, both from our opponent’s campaign and from the outside groups and special interests supporting him," Obama wrote. "But we have always believed that there’s nothing we can’t do when we all pitch in. That includes me." …

Naturally, Obama whines about how much the Republicans are raising. Hopefully, he will be able to put an end to Republicans raising money in his second term, when he will be ‘more flexible.’

But is he using money he might would have used to buy himself a birthday present? His birthday is this week, as his minions constantly remind us. Do you remember knowing the birthday of any other President while they were still in office?

But there isn’t one detail of Obama’s life that we don’t hear about. Except for all of the important details.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Haha, boy wonder gives 5k to himself when he is worth several million dollars and has a lifetime retirement most can only dream of! Even stated that his wife ok'ed it when he asked!
Wimp claimed to have asked his wife's approval. 5K to him is like a nickel is to me and we are supposed to believe he had to ask permission! Yep, I ask my wife everytime I want to spend a nickel of my own damn money! Sure, I will when hell freezes over I will!:laugh:
Scum begging for donations from idiots that he betrays everyday he is in office. Would be funny as hell if it wasnt also destroying our future too.-Tyr

Little-Acorn
08-02-2012, 11:37 AM
I thought the legal limit for personal donations to a campaign, was $3,000?

aboutime
08-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Obama's so smart. He probably also donated $3.00 dollars to that fund...hoping to get a chance to SIT DOWN with Himself.

Anyone wonder whether he'll claim the 5k on his Income taxes next year?????

Thunderknuckles
08-02-2012, 01:52 PM
I don't think there is a legal limit to how much you can contribute to your own campaign.

aboutime
08-02-2012, 06:49 PM
I don't think there is a legal limit to how much you can contribute to your own campaign.

Of course you are correct. Anyone running is unlimited on the amount they can invest in their campaigns.

For Obama. It's his money to waste. I hope he spends everything he has, and still loses.

How much does a Community DISorganizer earn?

Kathianne
08-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Of course you are correct. Anyone running is unlimited on the amount they can invest in their campaigns.

For Obama. It's his money to waste. I hope he spends everything he has, and still loses.

How much does a Community DISorganizer earn?

The last I read, he's worth between $4-7M. I doubt we'll see him going beyond the $5k donation, he figures that should come from others.

Romney OTOH?

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2012/08/helping-themselves-2012-candidates.html

...While pouring personal money into a race can appear to be an advantage, it doesn't always bode well for a campaign.

"When a candidate relies a great deal on self-funding, the candidate may be weaker than if the candidate raised money," wrote University of California professor and election law expert Rick Hasen in an email interview. "When candidates begin by raising money early, they go into people's living rooms and to small groups to make their pitch. These candidates tend to be stronger in elections because of the ability to hone their message and relate to people."

Self-financing certainly didn't carry Mitt Romney (http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/candidate.php?id=N00000286) over the finish line in his 2008 bid for the GOP presidential nomination. He poured $44 million from his own accounts into that race. This time around, though, Romney has largely kept his personal fortune out of the picture, giving just $52,500 to his campaign so far. That wasn't the case for one of Romney's primary opponents: former candidate Jon Huntsman (http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/candidate.php?id=N00033338)'s ill-fated campaign still owes him $5.1 million in personal loans.