PDA

View Full Version : The whole Chick-Fil-A has made me realize someting...

cadet
08-02-2012, 08:54 AM
...And that something is this,

Years ago, a guy cussed on screen. For the first time in history. "Frankly my dear, i don't give a damn."

There was a huge uproar. people were pissed. Nobody wanted their children listening to that.

Nowadays, everywhere you turn, people are talking about sex, gay rights/strait, it's all about sex. What happened to our tolerance??? Every child's movie has references to sex. It's no wonder we have so many problems with teen pregnancy!

So, From what i understand, we're more worried about saying "It's ok to be gay" then saying "It's ok to hold the door, or have manners." I'm sorry, but some "Gay" kids probably don't even know what it is, and shouldn't like girls yet anyway.

It's impossible to turn on the news and not have to block your child's ears. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone cares about the next generation.

darin
08-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Worst example:

Years ago at the superbowl people shat themselves because Janet Jackson flashed part of a human breast for 1.5 seconds. We heard ranting like "My KIDS watched that!! How do I handle it??" - yet nobody gave two shits for the 'how many?" Errectile Disfunction commercials in the same game.

Just. F'ing. Retarded. Our society is doomed.

Noir
08-02-2012, 09:13 PM
...i think you're starting to get old sir =p

cadet
08-02-2012, 09:39 PM
...i think you're starting to get old sir =p

Whippersnapper... I ain't gettin' old. Not even 20. (Not for a few months anyway...)

KitchenKitten99
08-02-2012, 10:45 PM
I laughed at the 'nip slip' ... It isn't as if the kids watching haven't been to an art museum on a field trip for school, or studied art in-depth and haven't seen jubblies in the form of 'artistic expression'.

aboutime
08-03-2012, 10:00 PM

Years ago, a guy cussed on screen. For the first time in history. "Frankly my dear, i don't give a damn."

There was a huge uproar. people were pissed. Nobody wanted their children listening to that.

Nowadays, everywhere you turn, people are talking about sex, gay rights/strait, it's all about sex. What happened to our tolerance??? Every child's movie has references to sex. It's no wonder we have so many problems with teen pregnancy!

So, From what i understand, we're more worried about saying "It's ok to be gay" then saying "It's ok to hold the door, or have manners." I'm sorry, but some "Gay" kids probably don't even know what it is, and shouldn't like girls yet anyway.

It's impossible to turn on the news and not have to block your child's ears. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone cares about the next generation.

Todays generation who does the most talking, and complaining about us Older folks. Seem to only care about the "ME" generation. What's in it for them. Why can't they get what is owed to them without working for it, and telling everyone else...they are in the way.
Remember. There is no 'I' in the word TEAM.

cadet
08-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Todays generation who does the most talking, and complaining about us Older folks. Seem to only care about the "ME" generation. What's in it for them. Why can't they get what is owed to them without working for it, and telling everyone else...they are in the way.

I just feel like everyone today says "Let the next generation deal with it." And it seems that people just don't care if a child hears what they say.
I like kids. That's why i'm anti-abortion, anti-gay, and i hate the people that have 5 or 6 kids and don't know if any have the same father. In my own opinion, people should listen to children more. They're smarter, kinder, and have a better understanding of what being good is then most morons out there.
I'm going to teach my kids to never give into the peer pressure of; bullying, excessive arguing, and the "ME ME ME" that the older child generation has. And i'll admit, my generation is probably the most f**ked up one.

fj1200
08-04-2012, 05:29 AM
Just don't suggest to the seniors that there be any changes to SS and Medicare. :rolleyes:

Shadow
08-04-2012, 06:21 AM

I'm going to agree with this. Self gratification seems to be the main motivator these days. Common courtesy is becomming a thing of the past.

KarlMarx
08-04-2012, 06:41 AM

This is exactly why conservatives not only must take the White House and Congress but take back the culture, too.

The situation we find ourselves in did not happen over night. It happened one small step at a time.

08-09-2012, 10:23 PM
I think we need to take back the word gay. It means happy.

gabosaurus
08-09-2012, 10:35 PM
The morals and ethics of society have continually evolved over time.
Back in the 1940s, the older generation thought the music of Frank Sinatra was going to ruin society. His music and stage act were too suggestive.
A decade later, TV stations decided to only show Elvis Presley above the waist, because the way he moved his hips was too suggestive. If teenage girls saw Elvis move like the did, they would want to run out and get pregnant.
When TV first began, even married couples couldn't be shown in bed together. Families had to be like Ozzie and Harriet, or June and Ward Cleaver.

Even today, society remains very prudish. Feminine hygiene products like tampons and pads can only make the vaguest mention of what they are used for. Like Satan himself would appear if someone uttered the word "vagina" on TV. Because obviously women don't have one until they are married. :rolleyes:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Back in the 1940s, the older generation thought the music of Frank Sinatra was going to ruin society. His music and stage act were too suggestive.
A decade later, TV stations decided to only show Elvis Presley above the waist, because the way he moved his hips was too suggestive. If teenage girls saw Elvis move like the did, they would want to run out and get pregnant.
When TV first began, even married couples couldn't be shown in bed together. Families had to be like Ozzie and Harriet, or June and Ward Cleaver.

Even today, society remains very prudish. Feminine hygiene products like tampons and pads can only make the vaguest mention of what they are used for. Like Satan himself would appear if someone uttered the word "vagina" on TV. Because obviously women don't have one until they are married. :rolleyes:

Far from it ,TV has too much sex on it and we'd do well to go back toward the Ozzie and Harriet mentality because this all out sex up and bang away crap is what has our kids all messed up IMHO. Finding out about and doing things before they are mature enough to adequately judge the consequences has caused far too many serious problems and ruined far too many lives as it is!-Tyr

08-09-2012, 10:42 PM

Even today, society remains very prudish. Feminine hygiene products like tampons and pads can only make the vaguest mention of what they are used for. Like Satan himself would appear if someone uttered the word "vagina" on TV. Because obviously women don't have one until they are married.

Evolved? No they've devolved. That's the problem.

Shadow
08-10-2012, 08:41 PM

Oh sure...society today is 'prudish'...must be why there are reality shows out there that depict slutty fame whores tramping it up for dates with rock stars...and skuzzy ex rappers. Hef's three slutty girlfriends and their excapades at the playboy mansion is another.

And don't forget all the other reality shows where wannabe attention whores vie for freebies,dates and to marry millionaires. Yep...those poor poor women are sooo sexually repressed today. Actually in reality... they have set the womens movement back years. LOL

Noir
08-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Oh sure...society today is 'prudish'...must be why there are reality shows out there that depict slutty fame whores tramping it up for dates with rock stars...and skuzzy ex rappers. Hef's three slutty girlfriends and their excapades at the playboy mansion is another.

And don't forget all the other reality shows where wannabe attention whores vie for freebies,dates and to marry millionaires. Yep...those poor poor women are sooo sexually repressed today. Actually in reality... they have set the womens movement back years. LOL

You need a crash course in 'slut-shaming' and post 2000s feminism, imo.

aboutime
08-10-2012, 09:28 PM

Welcome back gabby. Your long, extended trip back from Mars must have been a terrible experience for you. You've missed about 40 years of new television, and cable broadcasts that make you sound like a Tired, Old, Unmarried Librarian from Little House on the Prairie...telling us tampons and pads are presented as vague mentions.
What year did you leave this planet?
Guess you haven't noticed. We even had a President in the 1990's that declared BLOW JOBS as something other than sex....which teenagers took LITERALLY.

Shadow
08-10-2012, 09:38 PM
You need a crash course in 'slut-shaming' and post 2000s feminism, imo.

Oh...so that was the intension of the womens movement then? For women to work to devalue themselves sexually...so that they really ARE viewed as 'meat'. And to also leave themselves open to victimization and exploitation by men? :laugh:

aboutime
08-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Oh...so that was the intention of the womens movement then? For women to work to devalue themselves sexually...so that they really ARE viewed as 'meat'. And to also leave themselves open to victimization and exploitation by men? :laugh:

Take a step back and look at the few so-called, personalities, celebrities that Americans admire the most these days. Like Gaga, Madonna, Joan Rivers, Rosy O'Donnell, Roseanne Barr, and possibly hundreds of other AMERICAN SLUTS, too numerous to list here.

Those are the kinds of female examples People look up to????
Sluts are Sluts. And if that is how American women want to be remembered, or recognized because they feel like members of NOW. God bless our children who will be exposed to all of them.
All we need now is for someone to FLUSH.

Shadow
08-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Take a step back and look at the few so-called, personalities, celebrities that Americans admire the most these days. Like Gaga, Madonna, Joan Rivers, Rosy O'Donnell, Roseanne Barr, and possibly hundreds of other AMERICAN SLUTS, too numerous to list here.

Those are the kinds of female examples People look up to????
Sluts are Sluts. And if that is how American women want to be remembered, or recognized because they feel like members of NOW. God bless our children who will be exposed to all of them.
All we need now is for someone to FLUSH.

Yeah..also.....like those towers of virtue (not)...Paris Hilton,Lindsay Lohan,Kim Kardashian,Brittany Spears,Pamela Anderson and so on and so on....

Now there is a group of women to model yourself after for sure. :thumb:

logroller
08-10-2012, 10:35 PM
When my mom was in college she was told she could never be an engineer or in any other scientific profession, that because women couldn't get those jobs, she should go into a traditionally female profession like being a teacher. Nor could she wear pants; that's pretty prudish. The fact we go to the complete opposite end of the spectrum with some of the aforementioned personalities is more of a pendulus response to a long history of oppression. Classic preacher's daughter.

aboutime
08-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Yeah..also.....like those towers of virtue (not)...Paris Hilton,Lindsay Lohan,Kim Kardashian,Brittany Spears,Pamela Anderson and so on and so on....

Now there is a group of women to model yourself after for sure. :thumb:

Shadow. It's almost a sin. Or should I say, almost an Insult to Real Women, to mention all of those names in the same sentence with the words Virtue, and Women.

Sad thing is. Our population, and society are a growing number that admire, and welcome those kinds of people. Placing them in positions of Grandeur and Idolization over people like Condi Rice and the Bush Family 1st ladies.
We can only go DOWN from here.