PDA

View Full Version : We REALLY need to start banning/regulating knives

jimnyc
08-02-2012, 12:46 PM
This epidemic of selling knives to just anyone is getting out of hand. Why anyone needs a weapon capable of killing 8 people in one setting is beyond me. If these weapons were regulated better this wouldn't have happened. Better yet, they should ban them altogether, and this won't ever happen to anyone again.

BEIJING (AP) -- A teenager killed eight people with a knife and wounded five more in northeast China after falling out with his girlfriend, state media said Thursday.

The teen killed two of her family members and six more people before fleeing, the state-run Legal Daily newspaper said. It reported he was caught but did not describe the circumstances.

The official Xinhua News Agency said the attack took place Wednesday night in Liaoning province. Media said the 17-year-old suspect is from Fushun city and his surname is Li. The attack happened in Yongling town.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_CHINA_KNIFE_ATTACK?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-08-02-06-05-46

jafar00
08-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Sorry your sarcasm tags aren't showing. Is this a dig at recent calls for gun control in the US? :)

gabosaurus
08-02-2012, 03:54 PM
My take on violence in China is that we have Chinese style violence everywhere that liberalism has taken over. Chicago and D.C. has some of the most un-Constitutional regulations in banning our 2nd Amendment YET they have some of the worse knife crimes from un-registered knives in the nation! Why is that? Because the thugs know that WE THE PEOPLE have been disarmed and/or that they, as criminals, could care less about ANY knife regulation. They'll get them from stealing legal knives from legal Patriot's homes, black market from overseas or E-reek with-HOLDER or Bad Odor Berry's Mexican gang....at a real cheap price.

:eek:

DragonStryk72
08-02-2012, 06:06 PM
My take on violence in China is that we have Chinese style violence everywhere that liberalism has taken over. Chicago and D.C. has some of the most un-Constitutional regulations in banning our 2nd Amendment YET they have some of the worse knife crimes from un-registered knives in the nation! Why is that? Because the thugs know that WE THE PEOPLE have been disarmed and/or that they, as criminals, could care less about ANY knife regulation. They'll get them from stealing legal knives from legal Patriot's homes, black market from overseas or E-reek with-HOLDER or Bad Odor Berry's Mexican gang....at a real cheap price.

:eek:

And what's really hilarious is that gun crime still exists, as well. Sure, it's a little harder to get access to one, but once you have one, you're in a zone where there's no reasonable chance your victims will be armed to defend themselves from you. This is what never made sense to me about gun control: Past the basics, it only hinders the law-abiding in their own defense from the very people we buy guns to defend against.

aboutime
08-02-2012, 06:24 PM
This epidemic of selling knives to just anyone is getting out of hand. Why anyone needs a weapon capable of killing 8 people in one setting is beyond me. If these weapons were regulated better this wouldn't have happened. Better yet, they should ban them altogether, and this won't ever happen to anyone again.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_CHINA_KNIFE_ATTACK?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-08-02-06-05-46

jimnyc. I agree. It's terrible. Selling knives to just anyone is getting out of hand.
Come to think about it. We should also ban Razor Blades for shaving. Box cutters, screw drivers, and even Very thin paper...to prevent PAPER CUTS.
Let's just ban everything and start all over.
Now. Where do we begin????