PDA

View Full Version : Gun VS Guns

DragonStryk72
08-02-2012, 06:27 PM
I started thinking about this odd point in relation to mass murderers and such since the Aurora incident. What I've come to is this thought: Almost all the mass murderers used only a single firearm to wage their devastation. In Aurora, it was an AR-15 or an AK-47 (I don't recall which), but really, most people who really intend to use their weaponry in such manner only focus on one firearm, be it a specific fully-automatic, a shotgun, or possibly a specific pistol. Actually, from what I'm seeing, people who go to the mass murder place generally have only a single firearm, that being the one they use to perpetrate their crimes with.

Then I realized why while playing a game of Magic: The Gathering with my friends. The individual owners of a variety of firearms are collectors, meaning that they would never put there collectibles through the rigors of real combat, much in the same way a M:tG player will only use their rare cards for special occasions, if at all. Even when they do, they'll use protective covers, and make sure people handle them carefully. The gun range, whether outdoor or indoor, is one thing, but an actual firefight is completely different.

So really, you don't need to be afraid of the guy who owns every Winchester product made in the last century, you should be worried about the guy who one day just ups and buys a shotgun and a ton of shells over at Wal-Mart.

SassyLady
08-02-2012, 08:26 PM
I started thinking about this odd point in relation to mass murderers and such since the Aurora incident. What I've come to is this thought: Almost all the mass murderers used only a single firearm to wage their devastation. In Aurora, it was an AR-15 or an AK-47 (I don't recall which), but really, most people who really intend to use their weaponry in such manner only focus on one firearm, be it a specific fully-automatic, a shotgun, or possibly a specific pistol. Actually, from what I'm seeing, people who go to the mass murder place generally have only a single firearm, that being the one they use to perpetrate their crimes with.

Then I realized why while playing a game of Magic: The Gathering with my friends. The individual owners of a variety of firearms are collectors, meaning that they would never put there collectibles through the rigors of real combat, much in the same way a M:tG player will only use their rare cards for special occasions, if at all. Even when they do, they'll use protective covers, and make sure people handle them carefully. The gun range, whether outdoor or indoor, is one thing, but an actual firefight is completely different.

So really, you don't need to be afraid of the guy who owns every Winchester product made in the last century, you should be worried about the guy who one day just ups and buys a shotgun and a ton of shells over at Wal-Mart.

Well said.