PDA

View Full Version : CFO executive harasses Chik-Fil-A worker...and gets fired for it...

KitchenKitten99
08-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Complete with apology letter from the company! (letter is at the end of the article)

:clap::clap::clap:

http://www.businessinsider.com/vante-cfo-bullies-chick-fil-a-worker-then-promptly-gets-fired-for-it-2012-8

Adam Smith, former CFO and treasurer of medical supplies manufacturer Vante, caused quite a stir today when he put up a video of himself bullying a Chick-fil-A drive-thru employee (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/college-lecturer-berates-local-chick-fil-a-employee-at-the-drive-thru-horrible-corporation/) in Tucson on YouTube (http://www.businessinsider.com/blackboard/youtube). Smith berates the worker about her company in the video, which was initially titled ”Reduce $’s to Chick-Fil-A’s Hate Groups.” It has since been taken down (though others have uploaded it too).
"I don't know how you live with yourself and work here," he tells the employee at the window. "I don't understand it. This is a horrible corporation with horrible values. You deserve better."
”I’m a nice guy, by the way … totally heterosexual," he continues. "Not a gay in me, I just can’t stand the hate.”

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/vante-cfo-bullies-chick-fil-a-worker-then-promptly-gets-fired-for-it-2012-8#ixzz22S4iQZLF

Anton Chigurh
08-02-2012, 11:08 PM
I sure hope local law enforcement and the feds are WATCHING this puke.... He is ONE STEP away from shooting up a restaurant...

gabosaurus
08-02-2012, 11:11 PM
How funny is it that a guy who says he "can't stand the hate" is acting in a hateful manner?

And why would any asshat blame a drive-thru worker for a company's corporate policies? I have to wonder how this guy became an executive with a screw loose in his head.

Anton Chigurh
08-02-2012, 11:13 PM
I have to wonder how this guy became an executive with a screw loose in his head.Eggheads get high placed jobs hun.... Look at the friggin White House for your prime example!

gabosaurus
08-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Eggheads get high placed jobs hun.... Look at the friggin White House for your prime example!

We have about 535 eggheads in Congress as well.

Anton Chigurh
08-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Here's the transcript of this fuck's bullying of this poor lady who was just doing her job:
Smith: "You know why I'm getting my free water, right?"
Worker: "No."
S: "Because Chick-Fil-A is a hateful corporation."
W: "I disagree. We don't treat any of our customers differently.."
S: "I know, but the corporation gives money to hate groups. Hate groups. Just because people want to kiss another guy."
W: "I'm staying neutral on this subject... my personal beliefs don't belong in the workplace."
S: "Yeah I believe that too, I don't believe corporations should be giving money to hateful groups.. I'll take my water"
W: "I'm really uncomfortable that you're videotaping this.."
W: "It's my pleasure to serve you, always."
S: "Oh of course, I'm glad that I can take a little bit of money from Chick-Fil-A, and maybe less money to hate groups."
W: "Well we're always happy to serve all our guests."
S: "I don't know how you live with yourself and work here. I don't understand it. This is a horrible corporation with horrible values. You deserve better."
W: "I hope you have a really nice day, and.."
S: "I will, I just did something really good, I feel purposeful, thank you so much."
S: "Have a good day... I'm a nice guy by the way, and I'm totally heterosexual.. not a gay [unintelligible] in me, I just can't stand the hate, you know? It's gotta stop, guys. Stand up."This is PARROTED and regurgitated nonsense from the militant gay lobby.... He is just spewing nonsensical talking points and is full of venom and hate. THIS is how you want to get same sex marriage passed?

Anton Chigurh
08-02-2012, 11:33 PM
We have about 535 eggheads in Congress as well.It might be about 1/4 of the total, who are eggheads.

I note in passing, nobody had anything to say about the "bad congress" back in 2007, when the approval rating was even lower but both houses were controlled by Dems. It was perfectly okay for Nancy Pelosi to hold up health care reform and saying, "Why should we put a plan out? Our plan is to stop HIM! (Bush)"

Just like, shut up about the evil bad do nothing congress, ya know? That is getting fixed come November.

SassyLady
08-03-2012, 04:22 AM
I heard the guy was also a professor or lecturer ... and has been fired from both jobs. I wonder if it's true.

Abbey Marie
08-03-2012, 07:41 AM
Freudian slip? "Not a gay in me" Not since last Tuesday, anyway. :laugh2:

jimnyc
08-03-2012, 07:58 AM
Kudos to the girl at the window. She handled this like a complete professional.

PostmodernProphet
08-03-2012, 08:26 AM
How funny is it that a guy who says he "can't stand the hate" is acting in a hateful manner?

And why would any asshat blame a drive-thru worker for a company's corporate policies? I have to wonder how this guy became an executive with a screw loose in his head.

obviously his employers thought the same thing.....

PostmodernProphet
08-03-2012, 08:29 AM

she should get a bonus.....

[that made me think of something......you know they say if you get a certain number of clicks on You Tube you get money?.....given that he videotaped her without her permission, I wonder if the money goes to her or to him......I would be willing to represent her in court suing for the lion's share of any money he gets].......

Anton Chigurh
08-03-2012, 09:42 AM
she should get a bonus.....

[that made me think of something......you know they say if you get a certain number of clicks on You Tube you get money?.....given that he videotaped her without her permission, I wonder if the money goes to her or to him......I would be willing to represent her in court suing for the lion's share of any money he gets].......He pulled down his video when the comments started flooding in - all of them very negative.... Many others downloaded it however and posted it themselves, and so it lives on in infamy.

Thunderknuckles
08-03-2012, 10:46 AM
No kidding! I don't know how she did it!
I would have wanted to step outside and give him a little more personal road side service.

....not that kind of road side service :p

Anton Chigurh
08-03-2012, 11:17 AM
The terrorism and lawlessness begins.... Wonder when one of these nutbag pukes is gonna shoot up a CFA?

Chick-fil-A 'kiss' day marred by 'Tastes like hate' graffiti - latimes.com (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/08/chick-fil-a-kiss-hate-graffiti-vandalized.html)

http://usmessageboards.com/myimagehost/?di=QKFH

On a day that some gay-rights activists are planning a "National Same-Sex Kiss Day," a Chick-fil-A in Torrance was vandalized overnight with hateful graffiti.

Chick-fil-A employees were greeted Fridays morning with the words "Tastes like hate" scrawled in large black lettering mimicking the chain's advertising across the back wall of the restaurant at 182nd Street and Hawthorne Boulevard in Torrance.

With media helicopters hovering overhead and police officers on the scene, one employee said, "I'm just trying to sort everything out."

Chick-fil-A has been at the center of media scrutiny and public debate ever since the company's president publicly expressed his opposition to same-sex marriage.

On Friday, some gay-rights activists are encouraging same-sex couples to go one of the chicken restaurant's locations and take a photo or video of themselves kissing.

It remains unclear whether this protest will generate the huge crowds that turned out Wednesday for "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day," when tens of thousands waited through long lines in a show of support for the executive.

The privately held company declined to give specific sales figures but released a statement to the Los Angeles Times confirming that frenzied sales of chicken sandwiches and cross-cut waffle fries had made for a record-setting day.

"We are very grateful and humbled by the incredible turnout of loyal Chick-fil-A customers on August 1 at Chick-fil-A restaurants around the country," said Steve Robinson, executive vice president of marketing, in the statement. "While we don't release exact sales numbers, we can confirm reports that it was a record-setting day."

Newport Beach resident Ian Conger cited both business and religious reasons for dining Wednesday at the relatively new Costa Mesa location.

"This company is family-owned, and they're putting their money where they want to, and that's their right," he said. "Nobody should tell someone how they should spend their money. God is very good to my wife and I, and I feel God's going to be with us through this and he'll be with the opposer as well. He doesn't hate anybody."

PHOTOS: CHICK-fil-A at center of controversy

Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa has also weighed in on the Chick-fil-A debate, noting that Los Angeles has a "vibrant" LGBT community.

"I'm proud to support them as we call on Chick-fil-A's leadership to reconsider their position and join the growing majority of Americans who support marriage equality," Villaraigosa said. "In Los Angeles and in America, love and liberty will always triumph."Drive-up window harassment.... Vandalism....

Anton Chigurh
08-03-2012, 11:19 AM
‎"I don't agree with your religion or your politics, so I'm going to commit a crime to prove it." Brilliant.

tailfins
08-03-2012, 11:32 AM
I wonder if Vante has any IT openings. This makes me want to apply even if it means moving to Arizona.

Thunderknuckles
08-03-2012, 12:17 PM
I actually hope they keep this up. No finer way to discredit your own protesting and turn the people against you than with criminal behavior.

Dilloduck
08-03-2012, 01:26 PM
‎"I don't agree with your religion or your politics, so I'm going to commit a crime to prove it." Brilliant.

Bingo--for years we have heard "but gay marriage doesn't hurt anyone" yet now gay marriage supporters are advocating hurting people's pocketbooks. Stupid.

Voted4Reagan
08-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Nice to see that Liberals want to put people out of work in these hard times with their stupid ill thought boycotts...

DragonStryk72
08-04-2012, 12:11 AM
What I find really funny to all of this is that John Stewart is coming in sort of on Chick Fil A's side on the run. When the mayors in three cities tried to say they would ban chick fil As, he went "

"He is a private citizen," Stewart said about Dan Cathy, Chick-Fil-A's president and COO (http://www.businessinsider.com/meet-chick-fil-a-founder-s-truett-cathy-2012-7?op=1). "It is a private business. He's got every right to his opinions."

"I'm not sure which Amendment covers that, but I think it's maybe in the top one," Stewart added later.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/video-jon-stewart-chick-fil-a-mayors-menino-rahm-emanuel-gay-marriage-2012-8#ixzz22YEcBDbk

Shadow
08-04-2012, 06:15 AM
I actually hope they keep this up. No finer way to discredit your own protesting and turn the people against you than with criminal behavior.

Gotta really love the people who lecture others on tollerance...yet show none... don't ya.

taft2012
08-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Nice to see that Liberals want to put people out of work in these hard times with their stupid ill thought boycotts...

Says the sissypants snitch who teams up with liberals to get conservatives booted from forums.... :lol:

GTFOH, and go back and do your monkey dance for your overlords.

cadet
08-04-2012, 09:03 AM
That girl was alot nicer then i would have been.
after the second or third sentence, i would have said "Sorry sir, we just ran out of water, have a nice day." And walked away/shut the window.

Anton Chigurh
08-04-2012, 11:10 AM
The piece of human dung has released a "apology" video....

http://youtu.be/nmP9Shki6_I

Obviously figuring if he just reads a prepared statement like Obamaprompter, he's good to go.

Kathianne
08-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Thanks AG for that! He denied his homosexuality, not a brave man at all. Now that he's lost both jobs, apologies and clarifications abound.

Even now, he doesn't get that the folks showing up were not against homosexuals or necessarily gay marriage, but in favor of free speech and due process.

Shadow
08-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Oh sure...he 'never' planned to say the things he did to this woman. He just 'happened' to post it on youtube though. What a lying jackass.:laugh:

WiccanLiberal
08-04-2012, 07:54 PM
I have said this before. If I do not like a corporation's policies and views, I can choose not to patronize them. But what is the point of abusing the employees who have a hard enough time getting by? If you have to work in a fast food restaurant, it is pretty much a given that you are at the bottom of the economic heap. Please don't take that as a value judgement. The people who work there usually are limited in their choice of employment. They are students and retirees and people without a lot of marketable skills. These jobs are loaded with miserable hours, poor benefits and low pay. They may be entry-level or they may be dead ends. In any case, they don't need anyone making their lives any harder.

jimnyc
08-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Thanks AG for that! He denied his homosexuality, not a brave man at all.

Did I miss it earlier in the thread (I am lazy today) or on the 'net? Is this guy a homosexual?

logroller
08-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Did I miss it earlier in the thread (I am lazy today) or on the 'net? Is this guy a homosexual?
No. He felt compelled to clarify that in the original video. He just hates hate...which is ironic if not hypocritical.

Kathianne
08-05-2012, 12:33 AM
No. He felt compelled to clarify that in the original video. He just hates hate...which is ironic if not hypocritical.

He is homosexual, see his apology. He was trying to set an 'example' for heterosexuals, to 'care.'

jimnyc
08-05-2012, 06:35 AM

He is homosexual, see his apology. He was trying to set an 'example' for heterosexuals, to 'care.'

Ok, let me watch the apology video again in a bit, need more coffee, but didn't see him admit to being a homo...

taft2012
08-05-2012, 06:57 AM
He was trying to set an 'example' for heterosexuals, to 'care.'

... and he almost had me fooled. I was just about to go find a C-F-A and stand outside and stamp my feet, gasp, swoon, and have a little girly sissyfit like he did. For a second there I was convinced that would be the manly thing to do.

jimnyc
08-05-2012, 07:11 AM
This would be SO funny of there was outright proof that this man was gay himself, and would certainly explain more in depth his actions. I had a sneaky suspicion that he was. I just watched/listened to the video over again, and I just don't see an admission. Anyone know if there is text of his apology anywhere?

Kathianne
08-05-2012, 10:35 AM
This would be SO funny of there was outright proof that this man was gay himself, and would certainly explain more in depth his actions. I had a sneaky suspicion that he was. I just watched/listened to the video over again, and I just don't see an admission. Anyone know if there is text of his apology anywhere?

You didn't hear the bit about 'in the closet?' He's not. He admits that he claimed to be 100% hetero to make others realize they didn't need to be gay to stand for gay rights.

logroller
08-05-2012, 12:02 PM
My mistake. I didn't watch his apology--nor do I feel compelled to-- Gay or straight, guy's an asshole. That's the only 'example' he set.

aboutime
08-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Boo Hoo! God helps those who help themselves too!

Wonder if Obama will find him another job working with Barney Frank, roasting WIENERS before he stops at a CHICK-FIL-A for a KISS.

fj1200
08-10-2012, 09:21 AM
The piece of human dung has released a "apology" video....

Not like I'm going to watch it or anything but was it a, "sorry your offended," apology?

Voted4Reagan
08-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Not like I'm going to watch it or anything but was it a, "sorry your offended," apology?

It was more of a COVER YOUR ASS and SAVE FACE video...

Quite disingenuous....

Thunderknuckles
08-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Gay or straight, guy's an asshole.
Perfect summary to this thread :laugh:

:clap: