PDA

View Full Version : Clint Eastwood endorsing Romney's presidential bid

jimnyc
08-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Maybe no direction at the time, but that awesome commercial hits home now, more than ever, and good to see it will be seen as a boost for Romney. (video at bottom)

SUN VALLEY, Idaho (AP) — Clint Eastwood just made Mitt Romney's day.

The Oscar-winning director and longtime movie star says he's endorsing the Republican presidential candidate.

Eastwood tells The Associated Press that he's backing Romney because, in Eastwood's words, "I think the country needs a boost."

Eastwood was among those attending a Romney fundraiser Friday night in Sun Valley, Idaho.

In February, Eastwood told Fox News that he wasn't supporting any politician at that time. Some saw the "halftime in America" ad he made for the Super Bowl as a nod toward President Barack Obama. Eastwood responded then by saying he was not "politically affiliated" with the president.

http://news.yahoo.com/clint-eastwood-endorsing-romneys-presidential-bid-234505229.html

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tFAiqxm1FDA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

aboutime
08-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Made my day.

DOES OBAMA FEEL LUCKY?

WELL, DO YA PUNK?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Made my day.

DOES OBAMA FEEL LUCKY?

WELL, DO YA PUNK?

"A man has got to know his limitations"...obama has exceeded his a million times over and it appears that Eastwood and Dirty Harry both agree!-:beer:-Tyr

Noir
08-05-2012, 06:12 AM
Does anyone really care who celebrities endorse?

jimnyc
08-05-2012, 06:39 AM
Does anyone really care who celebrities endorse?

Yes, the celebrities do, and those that follow them closely. And when it's a celeb endorsing a Democrat, or a celeb bashing a Republican, people soak it in as if it's Christmas morning! But while I think it's cool that Eastwood did, as I saw every movie he's ever done and we all grew up repeating his famous lines, at the end of the day it won't make a damn bit of difference.

Indofred
08-05-2012, 06:44 AM
I'm not exactly shocked at Eastwood coming out (in a non gay way) in support of Romney.
Both are actors and both will say whatever they get paid to say.

SassyLady
08-05-2012, 06:51 AM
I'm not exactly shocked at Eastwood coming out (in a non gay way) in support of Romney.

How would it have sounded if he had said it in a "gay way"?

jimnyc
08-05-2012, 07:02 AM

And how are they any different, than for example, someone like Barbara Streisand supporting the Teleprompter-in Chief?

taft2012
08-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Now compare the coverage of this endorsement with that of Jenna Jameson.

The New York Daily News couldn't wait to put Jameson's endorsement on the front page and portray it as a disaster for Romney.

Jameson endorsed Hillary Clinton in 2008 and the mainstream news media completely blacked it out.

Now the Daily News has taken Eastwood's endorsement and basically hidden it deep in the paper.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/election-2012/clint-eastwood-endorses-mitt-romney-fundraiser-sun-valley-idaho-article-1.1129094

SassyLady
08-05-2012, 08:56 AM
I wonder if Michael Moore is still endorsing Obama?

aboutime
08-05-2012, 03:07 PM

I get it. You had to say that in a NON Chick-Fil-A way, as to not misdirect the gay thing toward Eastwood?

Sounds kinda protective of you. Telling us Eastwood isn't like you.