PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this statement?

ringotuna
08-04-2012, 07:29 AM
"I don't think the burden should be on me," he said. "The burden should be on him. He's the one I've alleged has not paid any taxes."...Harry Reid.

jimnyc
08-04-2012, 07:33 AM
"I don't think the burden should be on me," he said. "The burden should be on him. He's the one I've alleged has not paid any taxes."...Harry Reid.

Holy crap, link? Did this idiot really say that? Does he think anyone can make an outlandish accusation, and then it's the responsibility of the other guy to prove this accusation wrong?

I think Harry, is allegedly, the eldest member of congress who proactively seeks out homosexual partners in the halls of congress. The burden is on you to prove this statement wrong, you old idiot!

Thunderknuckles
08-04-2012, 09:13 AM
A clear case of dirty politics. I was fairly surprised to read about Harry's accusations myself. He's basically calling Romney a criminal and he is not backing down from it.
Either Reid has some dirt on Romney, which I highly doubt, or Reid is one of the most unethical and depraved politicians I have seen. I never liked the man's politics but after this attack, I don't like the man himself. He is undeserving of anyone's respect.

jimnyc
08-04-2012, 09:34 AM
A clear case of dirty politics. I was fairly surprised to read about Harry's accusations myself. He's basically calling Romney a criminal and he is not backing down from it.
Either Reid has some dirt on Romney, which I highly doubt, or Reid is one of the most unethical and depraved politicians I have seen. I never liked the man's politics but after this attack, I don't like the man himself. He is undeserving of anyone's respect.

Like I said in another thread, the shithead Pelosi did similar. When Gingrich was still in the thick of the primaries, she went public and claimed she had dirt on him and that he would never see the white house and she would release the dirt when the time is right. Of course she never spoke again of this crap. The damage is done as soon as they make statements like this, as we have an awful lot of gullible people in our nation.

Going public with dirty politics is bad enough, but making unfounded and baseless comments is out of line, and I wish it were a crime these people can be charged with. People like Pelosi and Reid are the worst of all in politics.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-04-2012, 09:48 AM

So alleges the corrupt azzhat that hasnt allowed a budget vote in 3 years! I know that has corruption at the heart of it and is also illegal I believe! He is corrupt down to the core. Check out his sweetheart land deals, etc.-Tyr

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/04/harry-reid-shuts-down-budget-process-in-senate.php

Posted on April 17, 2012 by John Hinderaker in Federal Budget
Harry Reid Shuts Down Budget Process In Senate
The Democratic Senate has not adopted a budget in three years. This is not only flagrantly irresponsible, it is a violation of federal law. Outgoing Budget Committee Chairman Kent Conrad, who is retiring at the end of the year, apparently felt pangs of conscience, because he decided it was finally time for his committee to mark up a budget. He announced that the committee would do so, starting tomorrow.

A standard markup process begins with the committee chairman laying out a proposal, with the chairman and the ranking minority member giving opening statements. This is followed by an amendment process, in which amendments to the proposed legislation (here, the budget resolution) are offered and voted on. The markup process concludes with a committee vote on the bill or resolution as amended. In this case, Conrad assured ranking Republican Jeff Sessions that amendments would be allowed, and as recently as a few hours ago, Conrad’s and Sessions’s staffs were working out details of the amendment process.

Then, earlier this afternoon, Conrad gave a press conference in which he made the stunning announcement that there will be no budget markup after all. Instead, he will present a budget to the Budget Committee tomorrow. There will be no amendments and there will be no votes; not, at least, until after the election. Apparently Conrad had been proceeding on his own initiative, and at the 11th hour Harry Reid–supported by members of his caucus who do not want to have to go on record in favor of any budget–shut down the process.

KarlMarx
08-04-2012, 10:04 AM

1. The burden of proof is on the accuser not the accused
2. So, Romney is supposed to be ashamed of doing something that IS PERFECTLY LEGAL????????????
3. If Reid thinks others should pay more taxes, maybe he should show the way and start paying more than the law requires. What the hey.. he should pay more for everything! When he gets a sandwich for lunch and the cashier rings up $5.00, he should pay her $10. When he buys a car and the sticker price is 30K, he should pay 50K.

Is Reid up for election? I don't think he is.. too bad.. No matter, from what I heard Dick Morris say about the Senate races this year, we stand a very good chance of winning the Senate. If so, Harry Reid will be the minority leader instead of the majority leader... good thing, too

hjmick
08-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Harry should tend to his own house... HARRY REID HELPS CHINESE SOLAR FIRM REPRESENTED -- BY HIS SON! (http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/costs-conflicts-arise-in-reid-push-for-green-power-164858086.html)

ringotuna
08-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Holy crap, link? Did this idiot really say that? Does he think anyone can make an outlandish accusation, and then it's the responsibility of the other guy to prove this accusation wrong?

I think Harry, is allegedly, the eldest member of congress who proactively seeks out homosexual partners in the halls of congress. The burden is on you to prove this statement wrong, you old idiot!

There are several sources. Here is one.
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/08/reid-insists-romney-tax-claims-arent-imaginary.html

jimnyc
08-04-2012, 07:39 PM
There are several sources. Here is one.
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/08/reid-insists-romney-tax-claims-arent-imaginary.html

I would really love to make some comments here, and expect him to prove it wrong, since it's him I would make these alleged allegations about. Only I'm not a fucking old senile scumbag who is trying to pay the worst of political games.

aboutime
08-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Just a reminder to everyone here in reference to Harry the Mouth Reid.

I can't remember the date. But our Supreme Court ruled...according to the 1st amendment, and in conjunction with those in Public office. That it IS PERMISSIBLE, and NOT ILLEGAL for Politicians to LIE.

Look it up.

Harry, and Nancy can Lie about anything. Just like Obama. Because they know. The people who voted for them are DUMBER than DIRT, and will believe EVERYTHING they say. PERIOD.

Here's the link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2166596/In-U-S--lying-military-service-perfectly-legal.html

jimnyc
08-04-2012, 08:12 PM
I had not realized that he had went further in his comments.

Sen. Reid claims to have an anonymous source over at Bain Capital, Mr. Romney's former company. How does that person know what's on Mr. Romney's tax returns? Who knows? And neither does Sen. Reid, who added, "Now, do I know that that's true? Well, I'm not certain."

But what the heck, why not just run with it anyway?

And Sen. Reid kept talking, eventually saying that Mr. Romney's father, the late George Romney, who released 12 years of his federal tax returns when he ran for president in 1968, "must be so embarrassed about his son." Nice.

Sen. Reid has apparently decided to push all his chips to the middle while holding a two-eight off suit.

Mr. Romney has already released his 2010 tax returns and plans to make public his 2011 file when it's completed. What all this has to do with anything other than trying to generate a "gotcha" moment remains unclear. Is the IRS pursuing Mr. Romney, alleging improprieties in his past tax filings? Of course not. So whatever is on those returns is legally consistent with a tax code that Harry Reid helped create.

http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/all-in-bluff-reid-romney-and-tax-returns-164988956.html

SassyLady
08-04-2012, 09:24 PM

What's wrong with the statement is that in America

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!!

I don't know why people forget that.....

Noir
08-05-2012, 06:24 AM
Makes me think of the whole 'Obama isn't American'...

jimnyc
08-05-2012, 06:37 AM
Makes me think of the whole 'Obama isn't American'...

Except that people had good reason to believe that, with Obama's own words from the past and his book, until he/Hawaii released further records. I've been convinced, even if others haven't. As for Romney, there's never been a reason to think these things, other than Reid simply making them up.