PDA

View Full Version : Liberals Call for Killing of 6 year old Conservative!

jimnyc
08-06-2012, 01:17 PM
You have to go to this page and read the article. A 6yr old kid did a top ten list on camera and posted it to youtube. Of course his parents helped, and it's a top 10 of why not to vote for Obama. I agree with the words but even I'll admit it was "childish". But the responses from the ever so tolerant left? To call for his death in various ways and to want to hook him up with convicted child molester, Jerry Sandusky. These comments were all caught on twitter and the HuffingtonPost. This is a SIX YEAR OLD CHILD!!

Patriot Update recently posted a video on YouTube entitled, “6-Year-Old Gives 10 Reasons NOT to Vote for Obama!”, which has caused liberals to go on the warpath. With over 350,000 views and climbing, the venomous and hate-filled comments from the left are intolerable. Liberal around the country are accusing the parents of “brainwashing” and “exploiting” their child. (Somehow a bunch of elementary school children singing praises to Obama doesn’t count as “brainwashing or exploitation.”) Ironically, the left couldn’t care less if you abort your child. Teaching them conservative values, however, is tantamount to child abuse!

http://patriotupdate.com/27180/left-spews-hateful-comments-at-6-year-old-conservative

gabosaurus
08-06-2012, 01:25 PM
I have to wonder how many of those comments were posted by trolling conservatives or invented by the members of this ultra right-wing blog?

I actually have experience in this. I went on a Yahoo political debate board in 2004 and called Bush a criminal murderer who needed to hang. I got so many threats in return that Yahoo took down my thread.

jimnyc
08-06-2012, 01:26 PM
I have to wonder how many of those comments were posted by trolling conservatives or invented by the members of this ultra right-wing blog?

I actually have experience in this. I went on a Yahoo political debate board in 2004 and called Bush a criminal murderer who needed to hang. I got so many threats in return that Yahoo took down my thread.

Right away talk about the remote possibility of some of the comments being bogus and completely ignoring the massive amount of comments from the left. Wow.

gabosaurus
08-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Right away talk about the remote possibility of some of the comments being bogus and completely ignoring the massive amount of comments from the left. Wow.

There are crazy people on both sides of the political spectrum. Why make a point about one of them?

jimnyc
08-06-2012, 01:44 PM
There are crazy people on both sides of the political spectrum. Why make a point about one of them?

Maybe because this is a current story? Is there a current story out there about a young liberal child, and conservatives out in force wishing death or molestation on him? In fact, can you show me any stories about a liberal child where conservatives are wishing this stuff?

Just like interjecting Bush into so many stories, you always try and find a way to "compare" things instead of addressing the issues. Here's a kid from conservative parents who made a video. As a result, many people on the left have called for disgusting things to happen to this kid. You either want to find a way to deny the comments happened, or find a way to say both sides do it, but don't address the actual reality.

Kathianne
08-06-2012, 01:55 PM

For the simple reason the MSM will only report on the right wing nuts.

Trigg
08-06-2012, 02:24 PM

Ya know gabby it would be nice if occationally you'd make a point about BOTH SIDES.

This is a young child. How about instead of making up stories you CONDEMN the people making the remarks.

aboutime
08-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Maybe because this is a current story? Is there a current story out there about a young liberal child, and conservatives out in force wishing death or molestation on him? In fact, can you show me any stories about a liberal child where conservatives are wishing this stuff?

Just like interjecting Bush into so many stories, you always try and find a way to "compare" things instead of addressing the issues. Here's a kid from conservative parents who made a video. As a result, many people on the left have called for disgusting things to happen to this kid. You either want to find a way to deny the comments happened, or find a way to say both sides do it, but don't address the actual reality.

jimnyc. We all know. People like gabby cannot, and will not ever post such a story. Nor would they later on if a Liberal child, and parents did the same thing.
Threats of death would probably be ENGINEERED by the Left, to accuse the Right in order to get the WHINE CROWD moaning FOUL, unfair, offensive, insulting, dangerous. Then demanding someone should be in Jail...a Liberal kind of jail in THAN FRANTHISCO!

SassyLady
08-07-2012, 04:18 AM

Gabby, I think in your world you believe all, ALL, the negatives posts were just conservatives trolling to make liberals look pathetic. And, with that logic, all the people on this board that you believe to be posting hateful extremist, right wing rhetoric must be liberal trolls.

You continue to amaze me with your logic.

taft2012
08-07-2012, 05:10 AM
I have a FB from an old job, someone I haven't seen in over 20 years, but we re-united on FB and picked up our old political arguments.

This story, and the one about liberals Tweeting that the Olympic target shooter should kill herself because she hunts, sent him over the edge yesterday and lead him to unfriend me. lol.... he said *I* am the one spewing hate for posting the stories.

fj1200
08-07-2012, 08:37 AM

One wonders.

Should we ban white supremacist groups? (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?36412-Should-we-ban-white-supremacist-groups)

Drummond
08-07-2012, 08:56 AM

So tell us all, Gabby, why on earth would you post such a thing ?

And you wonder why there would be people who'd react strongly to you ??

Noir
08-07-2012, 09:14 AM
...liberals, or Internet trolls?

Nukeman
08-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Whats the difference!!!????:laugh:

jimnyc
08-07-2012, 09:33 AM

I'm sure some respond just to get a rise. But out of thousands of comments, I highly doubt that they are right wingers in disguise or all trolls. Weird that excuses are made for these comments, or alternate scenarios given, but no disgust showed for the comments.

I'd bet my left arm that if this was a 6yr old of a liberal family, and the comments were similar, they would be taken at face value and used to highly criticize conservatives. I would also wager that it would make the nightly news to show how crazy the conservatives are, and of course attach it to the tea party.

Seriously people, c'mon, all of these people are creating fake accounts to troll or make it look like someone else? And some here take the time to post excuses or alternate scenarios and not even take a moment to condemn the words being spoken? Sad times.

Drummond
08-07-2012, 09:44 AM
I went on a Yahoo political debate board in 2004 and called Bush a criminal murderer who needed to hang.

'HATE IS NOT PATRIOTIC'

Aren't you proving your avatar right, Gabby ??

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Since when does age matter to a liberal/leftist or even muslim, they all defend Mohammed diddling an 8 year old little girl! Forum that I recently departed from would ban you for calling Mohammed a child molester. What would you call a grown man diddling a 8 year old little girl except molesting? Perverts are peverts no matter thier religion!
Libs,dems/leftists all are quick to suggest violent acts upon their enemies , its what they have in common!
All three believe in , the enemy of my enemy is my friend. All are ever so quick to want to destroy/kill thier opposition. A six year old little girl, no problem, waste her , its how they think. And this is the type of people that glorify and support obama.-Tyr

jimnyc
08-07-2012, 09:56 AM
The thing is, even if these comments came from "trolls", or if they came from conservatives posing as liberals, I still don't see enough people, here and "in real life", condemning the comments. Some would like to think it's ok for a father to sue people who said anything negative about his grown daughter in the Olympics, but comments about a 6yr old being killed or fed to a child molester is just internet banter.

Noir
08-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Looking through the comments almost all are clearly trolls, or rather, users being troll-like as an ironic reaction to the video, in so doing they satirize the Rights response to actual leftist comments, by making the comments so extreme, thus forcing the Right to troll itself with outrage.

Anyways, all that aside, the crux of the video is - Parents turning their child into a political tool. Good work parents, you've successfully used your child for your own political motives.

jimnyc
08-07-2012, 11:19 AM
That's it, condemn the parents and make an excuse for people calling for death. Absolutely and undeniably pathetic. EVEN IF it were proven to be outright trolls, does that make the comments somehow ok? Oh, don't worry about the people wishing death on a child, they're just goofing around. Nothing wrong with kidding about murder and molestation, all in good fun!

jimnyc
08-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Anyways, all that aside, the crux of the video is - Parents turning their child into a political tool. Good work parents, you've successfully used your child for your own political motives.

And Btw, there is NOTHING wrong with a parent teaching their children about politics. My son has been being taught about politics since about that age as well, and you can damn well be assured that I am teaching him the conservative side of things.

What if parents used their child to make a troll video, and wanted to show other trolls how cute it would be to laugh about murder and child molesters. I'm confident that outside of a few complaints about the age, the content would be suitable at least. :rolleyes:

Noir
08-07-2012, 11:42 AM
And Btw, there is NOTHING wrong with a parent teaching their children about politics. My son has been being taught about politics since about that age as well, and you can damn well be assured that I am teaching him the conservative side of things.

What if parents used their child to make a troll video, and wanted to show other trolls how cute it would be to laugh about murder and child molesters. I'm confident that outside of a few complaints about the age, the content would be suitable at least. :rolleyes:

You can teach him whatever he likes, but until he is grown, and can critically evaluate the political beliefs he has, then he is not a Conservative, or Liberal, or anything else. And if before that, you use him to promote your beliefs, then you are doing nothing more than using him.

Don't think Obama is fit to be president? Fine.
Tell your 6 year old you don't think Obama is fit to be president? Fine.
Get your six year old to tell other people why you think Obama isn't fit to be president? Not fine.

The parents of this child did nothing but use their 6 year old, simply reprehensible, if they have something to say they should of said it themselves, and not used their child.

jimnyc
08-07-2012, 11:52 AM
You can teach him whatever he likes, but until he is grown, and can critically evaluate the political beliefs he has, then he is not a Conservative, or Liberal, or anything else. And if before that, you use him to promote your beliefs, then you are doing nothing more than using him.

Get your six year old to tell other people why you think Obama isn't fit to be president? Not fine.

The parents of this child did nothing but use their 6 year old, simply reprehensible, if they have something to say they should of said it themselves, and not used their child.

So reprehensible in fact, that it makes sense to call for his death. Or maybe just to be molested should be the punishment for doing what his parents asked. LOL

The fact that you zero in on parenting, and excuse or rationalize comments that are actually reprehensible, speaks many, many volumes. So long as it's trolls calling for these things, that means it's ok and we dismiss it and move on to condemning the people making the film.

But what if one of Obama's children made a video about supporting their Dad for the upcoming election, specifically his youngest daughter. Nevermind the politics behind it, it would of course be ok for people around the nation to hope she gets lynched or violated by the worst of sex offenders, so long as it's only trolls making these comments.

Kathianne
08-07-2012, 11:58 AM

So if you have children, you will not teach them to speak out for Veganism? You'll let them decide when they come of age. I assume based upon your beliefs, that you would raise them as vegans. But they shouldn't be used in any way to advance your beliefs, right?

Gaffer
08-07-2012, 11:58 AM

How do you know the kid was doing this at his parents urging. Maybe he wanted to make the video and the parents just said okay. How do you know the kid didn't insist it be posted on youtube. Your making assumptions because he's a kid. And people are making death threats and abuse threats against him because they don't like what he has to say.

Noir
08-07-2012, 12:05 PM
So reprehensible in fact, that it makes sense to call for his death. Or maybe just to be molested should be the punishment for doing what his parents asked. LOL

The fact that you zero in on parenting, and excuse or rationalize comments that are actually reprehensible, speaks many, many volumes. So long as it's trolls calling for these things, that means it's ok and we dismiss it and move on to condemning the people making the film.

But what if one of Obama's children made a video about supporting their Dad for the upcoming election, specifically his youngest daughter. Nevermind the politics behind it, it would of course be ok for people around the nation to hope she gets lynched or violated by the worst of sex offenders, so long as it's only trolls making these comments.

...erm, no, since when has my point been about justifying whatever trolls have said?

I have 'zeroed in' on patenting because that is the actual issue at had. If you want to focus on whatever Internet trolls say, fine, but I have no interest in that discussion.

As for Obama kids, if he made his daughter do a '10 reasons why you shouldn't for for Romney' then it would show what a low light he holds his children in, by using them like that, which would be much more important that some random insults by Internet trolls.

jimnyc
08-07-2012, 12:10 PM
...erm, no, since when has my point been about justifying whatever trolls have said?

I have 'zeroed in' on patenting because that is the actual issue at had. If you want to focus on whatever Internet trolls say, fine, but I have no interest in that discussion.

As for Obama kids, if he made his daughter do a '10 reasons why you shouldn't for for Romney' then it would show what a low light he holds his children in, by using them like that, which would be much more important that some random insults by Internet trolls.

Well, call me crazy, but I thought that's what the title of the thread and point of the discussion was, the actual comments that were made. YOU preferred to change it to be a critique of the parents, after you easily dismissed filth as being any part of any truth and simply the handy work of trolls. I supposed in the future it will be easy to dismiss any controversial comments on news stories throughout the nation, just blame it on trolls, as we know political people would never read political articles and comment on them.

Noir
08-07-2012, 12:15 PM
So if you have children, you will not teach them to speak out for Veganism? You'll let them decide when they come of age. I assume based upon your beliefs, that you would raise them as vegans. But they shouldn't be used in any way to advance your beliefs, right?

Exactly. Veganism is a lifestyle and thus it can only be a personal choice.

And obviously they meals they are cooked for dinner ect would be vegan, but they'd be free to eat non-vegan food if they were staying at a friends for dinner etc, and of course especially when they get older and are more independent with their finances they'd be free to do as they please.

One thing they sure as hell will not be doing is standing in a protest, hold a sign saying meat is murder, when they're six.

gabosaurus
08-07-2012, 12:25 PM
'HATE IS NOT PATRIOTIC'

Aren't you proving your avatar right, Gabby ??

A -- Note when I wrote that.

B -- Learn reading comprehension.

Kathianne
08-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Exactly. Veganism is a lifestyle and thus it can only be a personal choice.

And obviously they meals they are cooked for dinner ect would be vegan, but they'd be free to eat non-vegan food if they were staying at a friends for dinner etc, and of course especially when they get older and are more independent with their finances.

But you wouldn't tell them why your household was Vegan, right? Those beliefs aren't worth passing on?

Noir
08-07-2012, 12:45 PM
But you wouldn't tell them why your household was Vegan, right? Those beliefs aren't worth passing on?

As I already said, to Jim, there is nothing wrong in teaching to a degree, like my wee brother (who's 8 ) occasionally asks why I don't eat meat etc, the only answer I ever give is 'because I think it's mean to the animals to eat them' I don't see why any more detail need be given until they really what to challenge the issue.

Kathianne
08-07-2012, 12:53 PM
As I already said, to Jim, there is nothing wrong in teaching to a degree, like my wee brother (who's 8 ) occasionally asks why I don't eat meat etc, the only answer I ever give is 'because I think it's mean to the animals to eat them' I don't see why any more detail need be given until they really what to challenge the issue.

You don't think that saying, "because I think it's mean to the animals to eat them," isn't biased? Give me a break. If you wish for 'value free' you need to shut up as much as you want other to.

Noir
08-07-2012, 01:07 PM
You don't think that saying, "because I think it's mean to the animals to eat them," isn't biased? Give me a break. If you wish for 'value free' you need to shut up as much as you want other to.

Oh dear oh dear.

If you go back to one of my earlier posts to Jim, it went something like this...

Think Obama is unfit for office, fine.
Tell you child why you think Obama is unfit for office, fine.
Get your child to tell others that Obama is unfit for office, not fine.

Now If I must put that into a vegan context for you, it would go something like -

Want to be a vegan? Fine.
Want to tell your children why you are a vegan? Fine.
Get your children to tell others why they should be vegan? Not fine.

If you really think I'm over stepping the mark with a 'it's mean to animals statement' fair enough, personally I think it's about as tame an answer as can be given.

Kathianne
08-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Oh dear oh dear.

If you go back to one of my earlier posts to Jim, it went something like this...

Think Obama is unfit for office, fine.
Tell you child why you think Obama is unfit for office, fine.
Get your child to tell others that Obama is unfit for office, not fine.

Now If I must put that into a vegan context for you, it would go something like -

Want to be a vegan? Fine.
Want to tell your children why you are a vegan? Fine.
Get your children to tell others why they should be vegan? Not fine.

If you really think I'm over stepping the mark with a 'it's mean to animals statement' fair enough, personally I think it's about as tame an answer as can be given.

The problem is that kids don't come with an 'activate by date.' Whether left or right, if indoctrinated, which all are, they start spouting off around 7 years. No holding that back.

Noir
08-07-2012, 01:25 PM
The problem is that kids don't come with an 'activate by date.' Whether left or right, if indoctrinated, which all are, they start spouting off around 7 years. No holding that back.

Happy to see you've pulled away from the previous line of thought ^,^

And maybe so, like maybe I'm from a freak household, but I know I had no political understanding at 6/7/8 and I'm quiet certain my brother doesn't have any either, never mind be indoctrinated into one or another political group.

Kathianne
08-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Happy to see you've pulled away from the previous line of thought ^,^

And maybe so, like maybe I'm from a freak household, but I know I had no political understanding at 6/7/8 and I'm quiet certain my brother doesn't have any either, never mind be indoctrinated into one or another political group.

I don't think I was 'pulling back' rather responding to what you'd posted. Here's the deal, Noir. You are committed to animal rights, in a way few are. I applaud your commitment, if IMO it's misplaced. I'm assuming you feel the same regarding religious or political. Respect, but disagreement.

Those with beliefs are going to pass them onto their progeny, some progeny will reject, most accept.

Noir
08-07-2012, 01:54 PM
I don't think I was 'pulling back' rather responding to what you'd posted. Here's the deal, Noir. You are committed to animal rights, in a way few are. I applaud your commitment, if IMO it's misplaced. I'm assuming you feel the same regarding religious or political. Respect, but disagreement.

Those with beliefs are going to pass them onto their progeny, some progeny will reject, most accept.

But there is a difference in answering questions you're asked (which IMO should be as tamely answered as possible) and getting a 6 year old to list reasons on video for distribution on how you should vote for a political party, or what lifestyle you should live ect.

You MUST be able to see a difference.

No 6 year old is a Democrat, or Republican, or Vegan, or pro-choice, or 9/11 thruther, or whatever other label could be applied.

Drummond
08-07-2012, 02:08 PM
A -- Note when I wrote that.

B -- Learn reading comprehension.

I don't see why you've made your point 'B' at all.

As for 'A' .. do you agree, then, that since 2004 you've learned that your comment on Bush was therefore, indeed, unpatriotic ?

If you don't concede this, then my first reply-post stands.

Kathianne
08-07-2012, 02:45 PM
But there is a difference in answering questions you're asked (which IMO should be as tamely answered as possible) and getting a 6 year old to list reasons on video for distribution on how you should vote for a political party, or what lifestyle you should live ect.

You MUST be able to see a difference.

No 6 year old is a Democrat, or Republican, or Vegan, or pro-choice, or 9/11 thruther, or whatever other label could be applied.

Wrong, before the age of 7, nearly all kids are ripe for whatever caregivers wish to program. Yes, vegans too.

Noir
08-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Wrong, before the age of 7, nearly all kids are ripe for whatever caregivers wish to program. Yes, vegans too.

Sure people *can* program them, but I'm saying such programming and/or using is wrong.

Kathianne
08-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Noir, would you condemn this?

http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Is-Love-Having-Taking/dp/1583943544

Book Description Publication Date: April 24, 2012 | Age Level: 7 and up | Grade Level: 2 and up
In Vegan Is Love, author-illustrator Ruby Roth introduces young readers to veganism as a lifestyle of compassion and action. Broadening the scope of her popular first book That’s Why We Don’t Eat Animals, Roth illustrates how our daily choices ripple out locally and globally, conveying what we can do to protect animals, the environment, and people across the world. Roth explores the many opportunities we have to make ethical decisions: refusing products tested on or made from animals; avoiding sea parks, circuses, animal races, and zoos; choosing to buy organic food; and more. Roth’s message is direct but sensitive, bringing into sharp focus what it means to “put our love into action.” Featuring empowering back-of-the-book resources on action children can take themselves, this is the next step for adults and kids alike to create a more sustainable and compassionate world.

Would you shelter your kids from such, in the name of even handedness?

Noir
08-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Noir, would you condemn this?

http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Is-Love-Having-Taking/dp/1583943544

Would you shelter your kids from such, in the name of even handedness?

By shelter them you mean not buy them stupid books? This indeed looks like a stupid book to me, though I'm sure it's popular with those who want to indoctrinate their kids into their lifestyle.

As I said, until they are at an age when they really want to challenge, argue and debate, keep all answers simple, and tame.

Shadow
08-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Since when does age matter to a liberal/leftist or even muslim, they all defend Mohammed diddling an 8 year old little girl! Forum that I recently departed from would ban you for calling Mohammed a child molester. What would you call a grown man diddling a 8 year old little girl except molesting? Perverts are peverts no matter thier religion!
Libs,dems/leftists all are quick to suggest violent acts upon their enemies , its what they have in common!
All three believe in , the enemy of my enemy is my friend. All are ever so quick to want to destroy/kill thier opposition. A six year old little girl, no problem, waste her , its how they think. And this is the type of people that glorify and support obama.-Tyr

How do you know the kid was doing this at his parents urging. Maybe he wanted to make the video and the parents just said okay. How do you know the kid didn't insist it be posted on youtube. Your making assumptions because he's a kid. And people are making death threats and abuse threats against him because they don't like what he has to say.

Reminds me of the little girl (probably about the same age 5/6). That during the last elections was at the airport with her dad carrying a sign in support of Palin/McCain. Some nasty lib protesters grapped it out of her hands and ripped it up. Then later on the MB's all the Liberals/Progressives were defending this action. Yep...does not matter that she was just a child. She was weaker therefore fair game in their view.

The thing is, even if these comments came from "trolls", or if they came from conservatives posing as liberals, I still don't see enough people, here and "in real life", condemning the comments. Some would like to think it's ok for a father to sue people who said anything negative about his grown daughter in the Olympics, but comments about a 6yr old being killed or fed to a child molester is just internet banter.

That's it, condemn the parents and make an excuse for people calling for death. Absolutely and undeniably pathetic. EVEN IF it were proven to be outright trolls, does that make the comments somehow ok? Oh, don't worry about the people wishing death on a child, they're just goofing around. Nothing wrong with kidding about murder and molestation, all in good fun!

Unfortunately the nasty death threats and wishes of violence don't surprise me one bit...nor the silence when it comes to speaking out against it. Have you read some of the shit allegedly 'non trolls' and 'good people' post on the message boards against others that they disagree with or don't like for whatever reason? A good test of character in my view is to see this stuff...and then sit back and watch just how many posters NEVER say anything against it. It's pretty revealing IMO.

jimnyc
08-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Reminds me of the little girl (probably about the same age 5/6). That during the last elections was at the airport with her dad carrying a sign in support of Palin/McCain. Some nasty lib protesters grapped it out of her hands and ripped it up. Then later on the MB's all the Liberals/Progressives were defending this action. Yep...does not matter that she was just a child. She was weaker therefore fair game in their view.

They were likely just airport trolls, nothing to see there. The REAL story is her parents abusing her by making her carry a sign she obviously couldn't understand. :coffee:

Shadow
08-07-2012, 08:09 PM
They were likely just airport trolls, nothing to see there. The REAL story is her parents abusing her by making her carry a sign she obviously couldn't understand. :coffee:

Yep...I do believe that was the exact argument. Screw the parents for letting her be there and making her a target. Never mind the fact that people do not have the right to put their hands on you in the first place.

sundaydriver
08-07-2012, 09:24 PM
When you use your child as bait online it is only to attract the crazies isn't it?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-07-2012, 09:57 PM
When you use your child as bait online it is only to attract the crazies isn't it?

I recently posted a pic of myself in a thread here. My wife and son were not in it for a reason. I chose one that they were not in for a very good reason. My daddy didnt raise a fooooooool.-;)-Tyr

SassyLady
08-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Looking through the comments almost all are clearly trolls, or rather, users being troll-like as an ironic reaction to the video, in so doing they satirize the Rights response to actual leftist comments, by making the comments so extreme, thus forcing the Right to troll itself with outrage.

Noir, do you condemn parents on all sides of the political spectrum for educating their children about what they value? How about the parents of all those Olympic athletes that drill their children day in and day out to be the best athlete? Perhaps you condemn them for pushing their idea of being a winner?

I know that you advocate that children should never be subjected to the ideology of their parents, or other adults ... however, realistically, that cannot happen in society as it is currently designed. Perhaps, in some future scenario, children will be taken from the embryo and put into life sustaining tanks and educated by computers, no?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Noir, do you condemn parents on all sides of the political spectrum for educating their children about what they value? How about the parents of all those Olympic athletes that drill their children day in and day out to be the best athlete? Perhaps you condemn them for pushing their idea of being a winner?

I know that you advocate that children should never be subjected to the ideology of their parents, or other adults ... however, realistically, that cannot happen in society as it is currently designed. Perhaps, in some future scenario, children will be taken from the embryo and put into life sustaining tanks and educated by computers, no?

Or even the female children will be forced to wear tents ,cover thier faces as they mature into young women and be servants and sex slaves to the mighty male Gods that own them! How about being taught that Noir? -Tyr

Noir
08-08-2012, 03:30 AM

As I have already said, several times in this thread, there is a difference between teaching and using/indoctrinating, if you want to pretend there isn't a difference, that's grand, but there is.

Noir
08-08-2012, 03:31 AM
Or even the female children will be forced to wear tents ,cover thier faces as they mature into young women and be servants and sex slaves to the mighty male Gods that own them! How about being taught that Noir? -Tyr

If you form a coherent question I'd be happy to answer.

red states rule
08-08-2012, 03:36 AM
Why would anyone be surprised over the reaction of the tolerant left toward this child?

Has everyone forgotten how the left trashed Sarah Palin's infant son with Down Syndrome - referring to him as a "retard"

This is the typical reaction you get whenever you publicly disagree with the leaders of the Dem party or try to defeat them at the ballot box

Noir
08-08-2012, 03:46 AM
Why would anyone be surprised over the reaction of the tolerant left toward this child?

Has everyone forgotten how the left trashed Sarah Palin's infant son with Down Syndrome - referring to him as a "retard"

This is the typical reaction you get whenever you publicly disagree with the leaders of the Dem party or try to defeat them at the ballot box

As an aside, what word did you use to describe him? Spastic? Slow? Mentally ill? Challenged?
I never had you down for being int the PC crowd.

red states rule
08-08-2012, 03:48 AM
As an aside, what word did you use to describe him? Spastic? Slow? Mentally ill? Challenged?
I never had you down for being int the PC crowd.

Do the words infant, baby, or child mean anything to you Noir? Only in the open minded world of liberals is it OK to go after a child for the sake of protecting their political leaders

Noir
08-08-2012, 03:55 AM
Do the words infant, baby, or child mean anything to you Noir? Only in the open minded world of liberals is it OK to go after a child for the sake of protecting their political leaders

I'm not saying anyone should of gone after the child, I'm asking what words you use to describe someone in place of retard?

SassyLady
08-08-2012, 04:01 AM
I'm not saying anyone should of gone after the child, I'm asking what words you use to describe someone in place of retard?

disabled, or mentally challenged.....but I think the liberals want to call it "intellectually disabled",

S. 2781, the "Rosa's Law," which changes references in many Federal statutes that currently refer to "mental retardation" to refer, instead, to "intellectual disability";

SassyLady
08-08-2012, 04:05 AM
As I have already said, several times in this thread, there is a difference between teaching and using/indoctrinating, if you want to pretend there isn't a difference, that's grand, but there is.

Sorry Noir, I responded before I had read the entire thread....did see where you've explained your beliefs. I still believe that a lot of the parents of Olympic athletes indoctrinate their children ... not religious or political, but perhaps "living vicariously".

If you, as a parent, do not teach your children your values, they will pick up values somewhere else. It's a vital part of childhood development. Just because you don't agree with the values of parents doesn't mean it isn't appropriate for them to teach their values.

Perhaps these parents value teaching their children to be confident, or take risks, speak out, be activists ... whatever it is, it is their right. Unless, of course, you want to advocate governmental intervention by removing all children and letting the state choose what values they are taught.

Noir
08-08-2012, 04:06 AM
disabled, or mentally challenged.....but I think the liberals want to call it "intellectually disabled",

S. 2781, the "Rosa's Law," which changes references in many Federal statutes that currently refer to "mental retardation" to refer, instead, to "intellectual disability";

So you'd say someones disabled, when someone else would say retarded. You both mean the same thing, and are both describing the same thing, and language is the medium of describing things, yet the other person is wrong? Nonsense.

Noir
08-08-2012, 04:14 AM
Sorry Noir, I responded before I had read the entire thread....did see where you've explained your beliefs. I still believe that a lot of the parents of Olympic athletes indoctrinate their children ... not religious or political, but perhaps "living vicariously".

If you, as a parent, do not teach your children your values, they will pick up values somewhere else. It's a vital part of childhood development. Just because you don't agree with the values of parents doesn't mean it isn't appropriate for them to teach their values.

Perhaps these parents value teaching their children to be confident, or take risks, speak out, be activists ... whatever it is, it is their right. Unless, of course, you want to advocate governmental intervention by removing all children and letting the state choose what values they are taught.

Yes, obviously that's what I advocate....

Not sure about the athletes thing, though there obviously are pushy parents out their who decide their children must be the best at a sport, or drama, or music, or academics etc, and end up giving their children horridly high expectations to live up to.

And sure, the parents have a right to force their kids to do almost anything, doesn't mean I think it's great that they do.

And one thing I must stress is that "Just because you don't agree with the values of parents doesn't mean it isn't appropriate for them to teach their values" assumes that I only care about this because I disagree with the message the kid is saying, which ofcorse is not the case. Regardless of wether or not you agree with a political stance, using kids to promote it is never acceptable.

SassyLady
08-08-2012, 04:20 AM
So you'd say someones disabled, when someone else would say retarded. You both mean the same thing, and are both describing the same thing, and language is the medium of describing things, yet the other person is wrong? Nonsense.

yeah, some people say black and some say nigger .... both mean the same thing and yet one is accepted and one isn't. It a sign of the times, Noir.

Some people say fucking, and others say frigging....but my grandkids told me frigging is still a cuss word. It's what we are taught .... my stepdaughter is Downs Syndrome and I prefer that people refer to her as having Downs ... rather than "retard". It's just polite and shows respect.

However, if you want to use the word retard, then so be it. It would show your lack of civility.

Noir
08-08-2012, 04:30 AM
yeah, some people say black and some say nigger .... both mean the same thing and yet one is accepted and one isn't. It a sign of the times, Noir.

Some people say fucking, and others say frigging....but my grandkids told me frigging is still a cuss word. It's what we are taught .... my stepdaughter is Downs Syndrome and I prefer that people refer to her as having Downs ... rather than "retard". It's just polite and shows respect.

However, if you want to use the word retard, then so be it. It would show your lack of civility.

It only shows 'lack of civility' because we pretend it does. There is nothing about the word 'retard' that makes it bad, we've just decided it is, for no reason. People will get on their high horses over anything, and being about to break away from a discussion to go 'you used a naughty word' is just another tool to do that.

But of course soon 'mentally challenged' will be considered rude and will show a lack of civility, and well have to move on to some new word/phrase, because your horse can always go higher...

SassyLady
08-08-2012, 05:00 AM
It only shows 'lack of civility' because we pretend it does. There is nothing about the word 'retard' that makes it bad, we've just decided it is, for no reason. People will get on their high horses over anything, and being about to break away from a discussion to go 'you used a naughty word' is just another tool to do that.

But of course soon 'mentally challenged' will be considered rude and will show a lack of civility, and well have to move on to some new word/phrase, because your horse can always go higher...

What you say is true; society norms change all the time and if one wants to survive they decide how much of the norm they can stomach in order to be part of the whole. If one is continually getting smashed in the face for using the word "retard" they will eventually change their verbiage to something that doesn't elicit the same response....thus moving away from "retard" to "disabled" or "mentally challenged".

taft2012
08-08-2012, 05:39 AM
Speaking of changing society norms, I remember when I was in grade school we were taught there were three races of human beings: caucasian, negroid, and mongoloid.

If that was supposed to be some kind of science worthy of respect, it's been completely disregarded for political purposes. Some of the updates to that list.

People who practice the Jewish faith have their own race
People who practice the Muslim faith have their own race (minus black Muslims... never heard of white Muslims. I suppose they were the ones in Bosnia, which iI guess is why we sided with them against the white Christians)
People who speak the Spanish language have at least two races; white/hispanic and black/hispanic (which leaves no accounting for any potential asian/hispanics)
Aboriginal Americans were once grouped under Mongoloid, due to the Bering Straits crossing, etc., but now have their own race
Likewise Pacific Islanders, who were also once carried under the Mongoloid heading, now have their own race
People who live on the asian sub-continent have their own race
People who live in the Middle East, but not Israel/Jewish inhabitants, have their own race

Bascially, liberals have decided the entire world needs protection from mepea

jimnyc
08-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Yep, times sure have changed and the way people react to certain words and phrases has changed with it. There was a time not long ago when people would be disgusted with others calling for the death of a child, regardless of the reason, they would consider it way out of line. Then there was a time, that even hinting that a child needed to be sexually molested, would be considered taboo and beyond the pale. Today, apparently these terms are accepted and just laughed away. The politics behind them is more important to many.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-08-2012, 09:36 AM
If you form a coherent question I'd be happy to answer.

You got the question or else your IQ is in the low 90's. If you dont want to answer just dont answer. Lying about being happy to answer is just :lame2:-Tyr

red state
08-08-2012, 10:00 AM
There is a BIG difference between referring to a retarded state for a "retarded child" and using the word RETARD. Liberals will always defend their wrongs while holding us to a higher standard. I'm perfectly OK with this because WE actually have standards and what they have is ANYTHING goes at any particular time if it is popular or beneficial to them (at that time). As for the name RETARD, it was meant to be offensive. I don't ever remember a kid calling another kid retarded back in the day when "retarded" was an acceptable word to use. No, the abusive kids (immature kids) would say: "You're a RETARD!" They meant is in the worse possible way and so did these despicable libs!!! If you defend them in ANY way....you are also despicable!

As for Gaffer's post, I know plenty of kids who are mature and intelligent enough to see the world for what it is. I remember my son telling me: "Dad, you can't get that roast beef sandwich there because they support abortion." I was so proud of him (at age...well, I forget what age but it was before fist or 2nd grade (I believe). I never talked politics...and I didn't listen to talk radio. I'm sure he heard it somewhere...the evening new perhaps and he knew what the word abortion meant because of our pastor preaching on the sins of America. Still, and without me giving it any thought or persuasions, HE made up his mind that killing little babies was wrong and that we didn't need to support a restaurant that would be OK with his (then expectant) mommy killing his little sister. I loved their roast beef sandwiches but there was no way that I was going to go against the beliefs of my son. He was always VERY well behaved and often carried on conversation with older children, adults and senior adults. Extremely mature for his age and I am certain that this kid in the video is very similar to my son.

I am surprised that this kid's crippled state wasn't mocked. I would assume that this kid is more involved with issues because of his disability and that this was indeed the kid's idea and his project. Regardless of whether it was the kid or parent...the liberals (and unless your a total idiot) there is no doubt that the posts made toward this child was from liberals and I hope the parents contact any branch of gov. that can do something to track these folks down and prosecute them under laws that are to protect children. (IN MY OPINION) Their comments is just as bad as those who download child porn. Freedom of speech stops when it harms children or wishes them harm. Of course, I may be VERY wrong to say this but my injun is getting the better of me right now. I just wonder if any of those posters were Boy Scout leaders/organizers. Bottom line, whether prosecuted or not, to make those kinds of comments, you should either be banned or EXPOSED for who you are and where you live.

Noir
08-08-2012, 10:56 AM
You got the question or else your IQ is in the low 90's. If you dont want to answer just dont answer. Lying about being happy to answer is just :lame2:-Tyr

Closer to the low 80s tbh, repeat the question such a manor that even an idiot such as I could understand it?

red state
08-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Here's the intellectual rebuttal from the left...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rRxlbrYsCY&feature=player_detailpage

It has LOVE, CHRIST, warm fuzzy feelings, TOLERANCE and the usual ignorance ALL OVER It. And to think...the six year old WHITE boy was full of Hate, intolerance and evil just because a black occupier is in the white House.

Tyr, what was that question again?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by SassyLady

Sassy's question in her post bolded, then my question which was obviously about muslims teaching thier children how women are to be treated as inferior and lesser beings to be exploited and abused.. Noir is either not very bright or else trying to be clever in avoiding the question but his "happy to reply" if explained better comment was lame. I've explained it better because I am starting to think it is quite possibly his low IQ!-:laugh:-Tyr

Noir
08-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Sassy's question in her post bolded, then my question which was obviously about muslims teaching thier children how women are to be treated as inferior and lesser beings to be exploited and abused.. Noir is either not very bright or else trying to be clever in avoiding the question but his "happy to reply" if explained better comment was lame. I've explained it better because I am starting to think it is quite possibly his low IQ!-:laugh:-Tyr

Edit - just re-read your post (having to do so speedily as I'm in work) as I missed the Muslim bit the first time round, and yeah i don't think religion (or non-religion) should be forced upon children, that should be left for them to decide when they want to question such things, but ofcourse most parents will want to pass on their faith so that won't happen.