PDA

View Full Version : Two down Two to go...

Shadow
08-06-2012, 11:26 PM
I am going to beat this yet!! Almost there!! :thumb:

SassyLady
08-07-2012, 04:00 AM

I'm cheering for you Shadow!!!:clap:

What are we doing again? :bighug:

jimnyc
08-07-2012, 06:54 AM
What are we doing again?

I second the question! I like to know what we're cheering for! LOL

Shadow
08-07-2012, 07:05 AM
Ever looked at a very daunting task and thought that there was just NO WAY to tackle it....let alone deal with/complete it? Well...I have learned that there actually IS light at the end of the tunnel sometimes. Even if you have to chip away at it a little bit at a time.

jimnyc
08-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Ever looked at a very daunting task and thought that there was just NO WAY to tackle it....let alone deal with/complete it? Well...I have learned that there actually IS light at the end of the tunnel sometimes. Even if you have to chip away at it a little bit at a time.

One minute at a time, then one hour, then one day, then a week, then a month, then yearly... That's the approach I took when quitting cigarettes. I thought the first few hours were hell. My wife said something about a celebration when I reached the week accomplishment. I thought to myself, yeah, right, I can't even make it an hour and she's talking about 7 days! I'm now at 689 days!

Still not sure what your task is, but I hope you accomplish whatever it is!! :coffee:

CSM
08-07-2012, 07:20 AM
Ummmm .... so why is this in the steel cage?

Shadow
08-07-2012, 07:30 AM
One minute at a time, then one hour, then one day, then a week, then a month, then yearly... That's the approach I took when quitting cigarettes. I thought the first few hours were hell. My wife said something about a celebration when I reached the week accomplishment. I thought to myself, yeah, right, I can't even make it an hour and she's talking about 7 days! I'm now at 689 days!

Still not sure what your task is, but I hope you accomplish whatever it is!! :coffee:

That's exactly the kind of thing I am talking about Jim. I have a few demons I'm working out both work related and personal. By work... I mean a 20 thousand line audit that I REALLY wanted to quit my job over ...rather than work on it. Also...a 5 year battle of wills with one of my kids...that I think we have had a break through on today. I have at least two more goals that I have been ignoring...that I am now motivated to start dealing with. We are going to get this train back on track....even if it kills me ;)

Ummmm .... so why is this in the steel cage?

Because the comment I was thinking of making was kinda vague and I didn't know where else to put it at the time. :)

Voted4Reagan
08-07-2012, 07:47 AM

Until you realize that your LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL is the 537pm train out of Penn Station!

Shadow
08-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Until you realize that your LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL is the 537pm train out of Penn Station!

Been there too...recently infact. LOL

I guess we win some and lose some. ;)

Shadow
08-07-2012, 08:37 AM

Congratulations on quitting smoking BTW. Not an easy thing to do.

darin
08-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Shadow is trying to get up enough nerve to ask me out. That's what this is about.

:D

<3

CSM
08-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Shadow is trying to get up enough nerve to ask me out. That's what this is about.

<3

Yoiu are probably right .... she's trying to get up the nerve to ask you to step out of the airlock ..... LOL! I kill me sometimes!

aboutime
08-07-2012, 04:22 PM
If quitting the smoke thing is what you are talking about here.

I know, very well. How hard it is to do.

I smoked for 50 years before the doctor who performed my Quadruple Bypass warned me. If I picked up another cigarette after he opened my chest, replaced veins from my leg around my Heart. I deserved to die out of stupidity.

Pretty rough talk. But scary as hell, and I took his advice.

Quitting IS the hardest thing to do. When I was still in the Navy. I used to quit..every two weeks, on the day just before PAYDAY. And when I had the money...The CARTON road home next to me on the front seat for the next 13 days of PUFFING.

I know it's not fair to talk about it. And WHO DO I THINK I AM, telling anyone what they should do. But today. Thankfully. I no longer smoke for another, very good reason too!

I CAN NO LONGER AFFORD TO PAY Fifty Dollars for a carton of things that burn, and get thrown away...just like the Money.

Shadow
08-07-2012, 07:00 PM

<3

You can read me like an open book. :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-07-2012, 10:38 PM

The bigger the obstacle the larger the hammer! Hefty blows add up after a time and often the results crumble the obstacle magicly ahead of the expected time. I've often used some heavy hammers myself. It often works even with smaller hammers too.;)-Tyr

Shadow
08-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Okay...so...new project is getting back in shape. Starting tomorrow.:thumb:

I had forgotten how much fun (as in not so much) it was taking two teenagers (with two totally different body types) shopping for school clothes. One wants to buy out the whole damn store...which I have to reign in multiple times. The other tries on one pair of jeans and has a complete meltdown because she is 'fat' (apparently a size 9/10 is obese these days) and won't try on or look at another thing :rolleyes:. Both left ticked off LOL

So...to tackle at least one of these 'issues'... we are hitting the gym and eating diet food for the next 6 months. Wish us luck!

Voted4Reagan
08-13-2012, 06:33 AM
Remind Little Miss Size 9/10 that MARILYN MONROE and Betty Paige were both Size 14.

She's skinnier than they are....

True fact

Shadow
08-15-2012, 07:11 PM
Remind Little Miss Size 9/10 that MARILYN MONROE and Betty Paige were both Size 14.

She's skinnier than they are....

True fact

I think she is just at that age where hormones are kicking in and she feels awkward. I thought she looked cute in the clothes she tried on (her sister did too). That knowlegde did not help the situation one iota. Apparently we were drawing unwanted attention.

At any rate we are halfway through one week of diet plan. Maybe if she loses a few pounds she will feel better. anyway...cutting out the junk food after school will be be good for her regardless.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-15-2012, 07:41 PM
I think she is just at that age where hormones are kicking in and she feels awkward. I thought she looked cute in the clothes she tried on (her sister did too). That knowlegde did not help the situation one iota. Apparently we were drawing unwanted attention.

At any rate we are halfway through one week of diet plan. Maybe if she loses a few pounds she will feel better. anyway...cutting out the junk food after school will be be good for her regardless.

Are you losing weight as a help to her in her weight loss or a help to you with the new handsome yard guy?
Not that there is anything wrong with doing both mind you.-;)
A woman has every right to look her best and we men are all for that! Unless its our daughters we think are too young to be doing that..-Tyr

gabosaurus
08-15-2012, 08:03 PM

Sorry, I was told that Shadow likes YOUNGER men. :cool:

taft2012
08-15-2012, 08:18 PM

Me too!

Just waiting for you to finish up that story about the good looking guy at your door.

Shadow
08-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Are you losing weight as a help to her in her weight loss or a help to you with the new handsome yard guy?
Not that there is anything wrong with doing both mind you.-;)
A woman has every right to look her best and we men are all for that! Unless its our daughters we think are too young to be doing that..-Tyr

Losing weight because I have been feeling run down and sluggish lately...and because daughter needs motivation to eat healthier. Nope...I would never consider changing for a man. They can like me the way I am or not. Whatever...not looking to impress anyone.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Losing weight because I have been feeling run down and sluggish lately...and because daughter needs motivation to eat healthier. Nope...I would never consider changing for a man. They can like me the way I am or not. Whatever...not looking to impress anyone.

I've never asked a lady to lose weigt for me ever. Whether dating, living together or married. I always thought they take me as I am and I'll take them as they are. I was just damn sure they were what I wanted when we got together. Ran into personality conflicts but never any over looks . Of course I have never been overweight unless one counts an extra ten pounds on a healthy 6' frame as overweight enough to matter.. Best gal I ever dated wasnt exactly slim , wasnt fat either. She was as sweet as a Georgia peach and kindhearted as hell. I being young and quite dumb let her get away. Life sometimes aint all that fair ( we get no overs)but its all we got until we die.-Tyr

Shadow
08-15-2012, 09:18 PM
I've never asked a lady to lose weigt for me ever. Whether dating, living together or married. I always thought they take me as I am and I'll take them as they are. I was just damn sure they were what I wanted when we got together. Ran into personality conflicts but never any over looks . Of course I have never been overweight unless one counts an extra ten pounds on a healthy 6' frame as overweight enough to matter.. Best gal I ever dated wasnt exactly slim , wasnt fat either. She was as sweet as a Georgia peach and kindhearted as hell. I being young and quite dumb let her get away. Life sometimes aint all that fair ( we get no overs)but its all we got until we die.-Tyr

Was with a man for 6 years that insisted on 'thin'...'well groomed'...'well mannered'...a girl that was 'just so' etc. He dumped me anyway. Ex husband was always on me about my looks/body also. Nope....learned long ago that no man is worth that kind of constant aggravation.

Shadow
08-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Me too!

Just waiting for you to finish up that story about the good looking guy at your door.

It's an on going saga...tune in next week for the continuation..next up...back yard hijinks. :thumb: