PDA

View Full Version : Slim down with a hula-hoop workout

Shadow
08-07-2012, 07:21 AM
Here is something I need to try. Maybe I will buy some for the girls and I. Or also those lemons on a rope that you used to put around your ankle and skip over...remember those? Wonder if they still make them.
************************************************** ************************************************** ***********************

You may not have touched one since you were 10, but the humble hula hoop is a bona fide piece of workout equipment that can tone your thighs, abdominals, gluteals, and arms. And it’s just as much fun as you remember.
“You barely feel like you’re working out,” said Sunny Becks-Crumpton, a hooping instructor and the owner of Hooprama, an exercise studio in East Nashville, Tennessee.
To try it, grab a hoop and complete this routine three times a week, going through the sequence twice. At first the moves may throw you for a loop, but don’t despair: Practice makes perfect

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/11/03/slim-down-with-hula-hoop-workout/#ixzz22rWQVBqO

CSM
08-07-2012, 07:28 AM
My jump rope is my nemesis. It's a love/hate relationship!

Shadow
08-07-2012, 07:35 AM
My jump rope is my nemesis. It's a love/hate relationship!

Jumping rope is another one. I am kind of a clutz though...I would probably trip myself and break something. :laugh:

CSM
08-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Jumping rope is another one. I am kind of a clutz though...I would probably trip myself and break something. :laugh:

LOL! Believe me, it took a lot of practice to get going with the jump rope. Some of my workouts called for 20 reps (early on) and I would be like "One... *well pooh* ... one ... *aw crap* ... one..."
That would go on for half an hour at least. I do ok with it now but still can't jump rope for more than a few minutes before I'm back to "One ...."

Shadow
08-07-2012, 08:43 AM
LOL! Believe me, it took a lot of practice to get going with the jump rope. Some of my workouts called for 20 reps (early on) and I would be like "One... *well pooh* ... one ... *aw crap* ... one..."
That would go on for half an hour at least. I do ok with it now but still can't jump rope for more than a few minutes before I'm back to "One ...."

I would probably get past maybe 5 reps and then be breathing so hard from exertion I would pass out. I really need to get back in the habit of doing more excercising ;)