PDA

View Full Version : Talk of General Petraeus as VP nod

jimnyc
08-07-2012, 04:58 PM
VERY little information to go on, and he's denied in the past that he would have an interest in politics. But we've heard that from many before. Anyway, that would be an awesome choice that would really get things going for Romney. He's a war hero with more medals than Obama's days as a senator. He worked for Obama and Obama had tons and tons of good things to say about him back then. Of course there are some people that are anti-military, anti-war no matter what, but I think a LOT of America likes former decorated military.

Many will go into attack mode but his support even in the thick of things was very high. You'll have some that were against him back then, and then some hypocrites now who will be against him just for running. Of course that's assuming he runs. And as much as I would LOVE to see this, personally I don't think it'll happen.

Voted4Reagan
08-07-2012, 05:25 PM
VERY little information to go on, and he's denied in the past that he would have an interest in politics. But we've heard that from many before. Anyway, that would be an awesome choice that would really get things going for Romney. He's a war hero with more medals than Obama's days as a senator. He worked for Obama and Obama had tons and tons of good things to say about him back then. Of course there are some people that are anti-military, anti-war no matter what, but I think a LOT of America likes former decorated military.

Many will go into attack mode but his support even in the thick of things was very high. You'll have some that were against him back then, and then some hypocrites now who will be against him just for running. Of course that's assuming he runs. And as much as I would LOVE to see this, personally I don't think it'll happen.

I think your right Jimmy.... The General would be a solid choice but would harken the Libs back to the BUSH DI IT Mantra...

Who can forget the NY SLIMES and the full page ad where his name was changed to BETRAY-US.?

I think the best possible choice personally is Condi Rice... With Rubio being the second choice..

KitchenKitten99
08-07-2012, 10:54 PM
I heard that Obama was the one to start this rumor... any truth to that?

jimnyc
08-08-2012, 06:34 AM
I heard that Obama was the one to start this rumor... any truth to that?

<tt><tt>**Exclusive**

President Obama whispered to a top fundraiser this week that he believes GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney wants to name Gen. David Petraeus (https://www.cia.gov/about-cia/leadership/david-h.-petraeus.html) to the VP slot!

"The president wasn't joking," the insider explains to the DRUDGE REPORT.

A Petraeus drama has been quietly building behind the scenes.

Romney is believed to have secretly met with the four-star general in New Hampshire.
</tt></tt>

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashgp.htm