PDA

View Full Version : Hotly contested mosque to open Friday in Tennessee!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-07-2012, 11:12 PM
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/07/13168428-hotly-contested-mosque-to-open-friday-in-tennessee?lite

Hotly contested mosque to open Friday in Tennessee
Erik Schelzig / AP file

A worker walks out of the construction site of a mosque being built in Murfreesboro, Tenn., June 21, 2012.
A new mosque outside of Nashville, Tenn. that has been hotly contested for two years – and subjected to a lawsuit, arson and a bomb threat – is scheduled to open for prayers on Friday, The Associated Press reported.

Islamic Center of Murfreesboro board member Saleh Sbenaty told the AP Tuesday that Rutherford County officials issued a 30-day occupancy permit that will allow use of the building while the final permit is pending.

"We're thrilled," Sbenaty said. "We hope everybody will be as happy and thrilled as we are."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The congregation hopes to hold prayer this week, as part of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, which includes fasting during the day, The Tennessean reported. Ramadan ends Aug. 18.

Construction was nearly shut down after a Rutherford County judge ruled in May that the meeting where mosque construction was approved was not sufficiently advertised to the public.

Tennessee Muslims feel blessed this Ramadan

Last month, federal prosecutors stepped in to protect the religious liberty of mosque members. U.S. Attorney Jerry Martin argued the county judge had illegally created a separate "mosque standard" for public notice that only applied to the Islamic center.

A federal judge ruled in favor of the mosque, allowing construction and permitting to move ahead. The temporary permit is good until mid-October and will allow contractors time to complete the landscaping and some other last details.

The new 12,000-square-foot mosque replaces an existing 2,100-square-foot building that serves about 250 local families and many Muslim students attending Middle Tennessee State University. Worshippers regularly have to stand in the parking lot during prayers because the current space is too small.

Although Muslims have worshipped at the existing mosque for 30 years, protests erupted shortly after plans for the new mosque were approved in May 2010.

Opponents spent two years in court trying to force the county to halt construction. Attorneys for the opposition claimed that Islam is not a valid religion and that mosque members were part of a plot to overthrow the U.S. Constitution and replace it with Islamic law. Those claims were thrown out by the local judge.
In an email on Tuesday, lead plaintiff Kevin Fisher wrote, "History will one day judge whether we were wrong about this mosque, or whether we were right all along."

Sbenaty said mosque leaders have met with some of their opponents over the past two years.

"We tried to calm their fears, but they believe at heart that we are here to do evil things," he said. "We're hoping this will go down with time, but it's going to take a while."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment on the bolded part of the quoted above. Looks like the residents there have a good ideal of what is about to happen to thier community there. Local judge is obviously a foooooool and most likely a liberal too IMHO.-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-08-2012, 12:08 AM
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2006/05/six_million_african_muslims_le.html
March 10, 2012

Six million African Muslims leave Islam per year
editorial
This translation� of a televised conversation reveals a rare glimpse into the outlook of Muslim scholars who are concerned about Christianity's growth. The invited guest is Sheikh Ahmad Al Katani; the president of The Companions Lighthouse for the Science of Islamic Law in Libya, which is an institution specializing in graduating imams and Islamic preachers.

Katani starts off describing the overall problem:

Islam used to represent, as you previously mentioned, Africa's main religion and there were 30 African languages that used to be written in Arabic script. The number of Muslims in Africa has diminished to 316 million, half of whom are Arabs in North Africa. So in the section of Africa that we are talking about, the non Arab section, the number of Muslims does not exceed 150 million people. When we realize that the entire population of Africa is one billion people, we see that the number of Muslims has diminished greatly from what it was in the beginning of the last century. On the other hand, the number of Catholics has increased from one million in 1902 to 329 million 882 thousand (329,882,000). Let us round off that number to 330 million in the year 2000.

As to how that happened, well there are now 1.5 million churches whose congregations account for 46 million people. In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity. Everyday, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Ever year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity. These numbers are very large indeed .....

From what I have heard from reliable sources, six million may be too low. Reliable accounts say that one hundred thousand Africans convert to Christianity per day, though not all of them come from Islam.

Then Katani says Muslims should build schools before mosques, in order to build the worshipper (Muslim) before the building. Why? To stop the the dangerous "Christian missionary octopus"

This happens often! The wealthy Arab builds a mosque for himself or one of his parents of his friend, but my dear sir, building a mosque comes as a second stage. In America, the price of building an Islamic school is 5 million dollars. In Africa, 50 thousand dollars are enough to build a very reasonably sized school. I say this and I take full responsibility for it; building a school comes before building a mosque. Build the worshiper before you build the mosque. Take for example yourself; you go to the mosque five times a day and if you added all that time it would equal an hour or maybe two hours if you include the Friday prayer. However, if I ask you how long you stayed at school, you will reply that you spent years in middle school and years in high school. Likewise the African goes to the mosque, but if we built him a school where he could spend most of his time, and provided specialized educators we could at least stop this dangerous Christian missionary octopus. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Islam hates Christianity because it loses its blinded followers to Christian conversion when they open their eyes to see! Six million isnt a small number to be losing. I bet Jafar will deny , excuse or attempt to spin this but TRUTH is hard to defeat.-Tyr

08-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Let them worship as they please.

If they try to kill you, shoot back.

gabosaurus
08-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Why would a mosque be "hotly contested?"
And who would want to deny people their freedom of religion?

I am really disgusted that the Vatican condones sexual assaults by priests. Does this give me the right to go firebomb a Catholic Church?

08-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Why would a mosque be "hotly contested?"
And who would want to deny people their freedom of religion?

I am really disgusted that the Vatican condones sexual assaults by priests. Does this give me the right to go firebomb a Catholic Church?

It means people didnt want a mosque going in next door.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-09-2012, 11:27 PM
It means people didnt want a mosque going in next door.

And it likely means those people still remember all those muslims dancing in the streets on 9/11!
By Gawd, I sure do!!!!! Celebrating the murder of all those innocent Americans and revealing their hatred of us because we do not bow to thier militant cultlike religion.-Tyr

08-10-2012, 12:30 AM
And it likely means those people still remember all those muslims dancing in the streets on 9/11!
By Gawd, I sure do!!!!! Celebrating the murder of all those innocent Americans and revealing their hatred of us because we do not bow to thier militant cultlike religion.-Tyr

Im not sure you can associate all muslims with those that did that. Nor should we prevent them from worshiping as they choose.

We are commanded to love our enemies. Do good to those that hate and despitefully use us. Not only should we let them build it, we should help them.

jimnyc
08-10-2012, 06:23 AM
I don't think I've ever read about a ton of Muslims in the USA protesting and trying to stop a Catholic Church from opening. Unless there is a great reason, like definitive ties to terrorism, they should allow this mosque to go up and allow them to practice their faith, like they would any other faith.

Noir
08-10-2012, 06:34 AM
They want the state to stop a building being built, because Islam is not a "valid religion". Good grief. Someone needs to by these people a copy of the constitution, assuming they can read.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-10-2012, 08:25 AM
They want the state to stop a building being built, because Islam is not a "valid religion". Good grief. Someone needs to by these people a copy of the constitution, assuming they can read.

THAT CONSTITUTION INSURES THIER RIGHT TO PROTEST BE IT RIGHT, WRONG , GOOD ,WISE OR BAD..
Perhaps you need to read it some more yourself.
Religious freedom says they have the right to worship as they please, it doesnt say that other citizens must like it, support it or promote it. They do not like it which is also thier right to do and protest about however the court where they took thier objections must decide based on the Rule of Law and the evidence presented. Islam will use our religious freedom to gain the strength and power one day to eventually force just the opposite as they do in every country they take over. Perhaps that is why these people object so greatly.Your assuming that they can not read speaks volumes about you rather than them IMHO.-Tyr

Noir
08-10-2012, 08:51 AM
THAT CONSTITUTION INSURES THIER RIGHT TO PROTEST BE IT RIGHT, WRONG , GOOD ,WISE OR BAD..
Religious freedom says they have the right to worship as they please, it doesnt say that other citizens must like it, support it or promote it. They do not like it which is also thier right to do and protest about however the court where they took thier objections must decide based on the Rule of Law and the evidence presented. Islam will use our religious freedom to gain the strength and power one day to eventually force just the opposite as they do in every country they take over. Perhaps that is why these people object so greatly.Your assuming that they can not read speaks volumes about you rather than them IMHO.-Tyr

If they could read, then they should read the first amendment, realize that they do not have a case, and not taken it to court, wasting the courts time.

The only reasons they would of gone to court would be a) the don't understand the first amendment, or b) they wanted publicity.

But I look forward to hear your response when some Muslim community try to use the courts to stop a Christian church being expanded.

Also, it has to be noted with delight, that this group tried to deny a group their first amendment rights, in order to protect, er, constitutional rights.

fj1200
08-10-2012, 09:00 AM
The only reasons they would of gone to court would be a) the don't understand the first amendment, or b) they wanted publicity.

It's usually a zoning issue that groups will use to stop a church/school/etc. from opening or expanding. Increase in traffic, no room on the property, etc. Although I don't recall what the central issue was here the same arguments have been used against other religious institutions as well. Either way, "don't like Muslims," shouldn't be on the list.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-10-2012, 09:40 AM
If they could read, then they should read the first amendment, realize that they do not have a case, and not taken it to court, wasting the courts time.

But I look forward to hear your response when some Muslim community try to use the courts to stop a Christian church being expanded.

Also, it has to be noted with delight, that this group tried to deny a group their first amendment rights, in order to protect, er, constitutional rights.

No, what you missed entirely is that they protested by taking it to court! Rather than by killing, beheading, stoning or hanging as the muslims do in places that they control. Clarification by a court hearing thier evidence and rendering a verdict is how the system works unlike rioting/murdering as a protest. Court cases are what(?) to be judged before they are to be presented!?? Those opposed acted in a legal manner going through legal channels and you want to declare them stupid! Yet a protest movement(the occupy movement) that had anarchy and crime as a huge part of its daily agenda was fine by you if my memory serves me well on that. You surely need help, seek it sooner rather than later pedro.:laugh:-Tyr

Indofred
08-10-2012, 09:52 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment on the bolded part of the quoted above. Looks like the residents there have a good ideal of what is about to happen to thier community there. Local judge is obviously a foooooool and most likely a liberal too IMHO.-Tyr

I think there was something in the US constitution regarding freedom of religion.
I see the ones who want to destroy the constitution are the pathetic haters in the tea party and their equally silly mates.

Noir
08-10-2012, 10:00 AM
No, what you missed entirely is that they protested by taking it to court! Rather than by killing, beheading, stoning or hanging as the muslims do in places that they control. Clarification by a court hearing thier evidence and rendering a verdict is how the system works unlike rioting/murdering as a protest. Court cases are what(?) to be judged before they are to be presented!?? Those opposed acted in a legal manner going through legal channels and you want to declare them stupid! Yet a protest movement(the occupy movement) that had anarchy and crime as a huge part of its daily agenda was fine by you if my memory serves me well on that. You surely need help, seek it sooner rather than later pedro.:laugh:-Tyr

Clarification by a court, meaning, they needed a judge to explain to them what the first amendment means.

Contrary to your posts implication there are forms of protest that do not involve wasting the courts time, or rioting and murdering.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-10-2012, 10:02 AM
I think there was something in the US constitution regarding freedom of religion.
I see the ones who want to destroy the constitution are the pathetic haters in the tea party and their equally silly mates.

From one of my previous posts--

Religious freedom says they have the right to worship as they please, it doesnt say that other citizens must like it, support it or promote it. They do not like it which is also thier right to do and protest about however the court where they took thier objections must decide based on the Rule of Law and the evidence presented. Islam will use our religious freedom to gain the strength and power one day to eventually force just the opposite as they do in every country they take over. Perhaps that is why these people object so greatly...-Tyr

^^^^^^^^^ And that is my view and my right to have and express my opinion on the evils of and danger of Islam to our nation , our Constitution and our culture.-Tyr

Nukeman
08-10-2012, 11:47 AM
I see the ones who want to destroy the constitution are the pathetic haters in the tea party and their equally silly mates.Just exactly what does the TEA party have to do with this protest?? Can yo show me where it was teh TEA party that did this, or are you jsut pulling "facts" out of your ass. If any politicle party out there currently even comes close to our founding fathers idea's its the TEA party, After all our great country was founded on the beliefe that we were TAXED ENOUGH especially without representation adn that my friend is the primary message of the TEA party NOT hate, disenfranchisement, discrimination, or any other evil the "liberal" media and talking heads would have you believe!!!!

jafar00
08-11-2012, 08:45 PM

Do you remember the dancing Israelis and also condemn all Israelis and Jews because of it?

A video of 1/2 dozen Palestinians dancing in the street doesn't represent all of the Arab world. There is evidence to suggest they were dancing after being given cake by the cameraman anyway.

jimnyc
08-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Do you remember the dancing Israelis and also condemn all Israelis and Jews because of it?

A video of 1/2 dozen Palestinians dancing in the street doesn't represent all of the Arab world. There is evidence to suggest they were dancing after being given cake by the cameraman anyway.

I'll admit there were more than just some Muslims who celebrated - but you think 1/2 dozen is all that did so in the Islamic world? You see, this is where you lose a lot of credibility, when you ignore the shit in Islam as if it never happens. No one is saying it about all the good Muslims, but you still deny it for some odd reason. There may not have been entire countries doing so, but I saw various clips from nations around the Islamic world, and each of them seemed to be a nice amount of people, like entire block gatherings. Certainly not enough to even hint at a majority of Muslims celebrating, but way more than enough to where it shouldn't be easily dismissed as a half dozen. From one person, to an unlimited amount, whoever did the celebrating should be immediately condemned.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-11-2012, 08:57 PM

^^^^^^^^^^BULLSHIT!!!!

A hell of a lot more muslims were dancing all over the world than just the small portion you chose to mention, dont believe me do a google search on it!-Tyr

Your attempt to limit the street dancing to a few Paliestinians is foolish and I must say childish indeed! And add in your trying to point our Israelis as celebrating our tragedy that day you have ridiculous as well..-Tyr

jafar00
08-12-2012, 03:18 AM
Your attempt to limit the street dancing to a few Paliestinians is foolish and I must say childish indeed! And add in your trying to point our Israelis as celebrating our tragedy that day you have ridiculous as well..-Tyr

I know a lot of Arabs. I have lived in Arab countries. ALL of them I talked to were just as horrified as you on the day. In Egypt they dusted off their gas masks from the gulf war days preparing for the worst.

I was with a Moroccan family on that day and I remember well when they saw it on TV, they turned as white as ghosts, speechless at what was unfolding.

Its insensitive of you to suggest the whole Arab world was celebrating.

As for the Israelis, the dancing ones, the explosives experts running "moving" companies etc... The evidence is there and it's clear.

jimnyc
08-12-2012, 07:00 AM
I know a lot of Arabs. I have lived in Arab countries. ALL of them I talked to were just as horrified as you on the day. In Egypt they dusted off their gas masks from the gulf war days preparing for the worst.

I was with a Moroccan family on that day and I remember well when they saw it on TV, they turned as white as ghosts, speechless at what was unfolding.

Its insensitive of you to suggest the whole Arab world was celebrating.

As for the Israelis, the dancing ones, the explosives experts running "moving" companies etc... The evidence is there and it's clear.

You saw a handful of people, so that means that no Muslims celebrated the tragedy - and it was only Israeli's? LOL Once again denying the crap and evil that other Muslims do. I saw hundreds alone in just Pakistan celebrating, if not more. Did Israeli's drive there for the day in order to get on TV?

The way you deny and absolve Muslims from anything negative is sickening.

jafar00
08-12-2012, 09:09 AM
You saw a handful of people, so that means that no Muslims celebrated the tragedy - and it was only Israeli's? LOL Once again denying the crap and evil that other Muslims do. I saw hundreds alone in just Pakistan celebrating, if not more. Did Israeli's drive there for the day in order to get on TV?

The way you deny and absolve Muslims from anything negative is sickening.

Ok so you seem convinced that the entire Muslim world is against you. I can't convince you otherwise since I am not a mainstream news channel. Just think of how dead you would be if the 1.5billion Muslims in the world really were against you.

jimnyc
08-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Ok so you seem convinced that the entire Muslim world is against you. I can't convince you otherwise since I am not a mainstream news channel. Just think of how dead you would be if the 1.5billion Muslims in the world really were against you.

You like to stretch things rather than face thew truth? Where did I say the entire Muslim world? Lets start with that first before we address the rest of the facts. First quote where I stated this...

Then we can get into the celebrations from that day, where there was a lot more than just "a half dozen" Muslims involved. You want to minimize it and make it trivial, and then when shown/told otherwise, you make up extremes about my position. That's called dishonest debate.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-12-2012, 10:13 AM
You like to stretch things rather than face thew truth? Where did I say the entire Muslim world? Lets start with that first before we address the rest of the facts. First quote where I stated this...

Then we can get into the celebrations from that day, where there was a lot more than just "a half dozen" Muslims involved. You want to minimize it and make it trivial, and then when shown/told otherwise, you make up extremes about my position. That's called dishonest debate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read this my friend.-Tyr

http://www.politicalislam.com/

July
Political Sharia.
Political Sharia
Islam is introducing Sharia into America under the guise of religious freedom. We are told that Sharia is religious law and, therefore, we should not worry about it. This is, at best, a half-truth.

To understand the Sharia, you MUST understand that it is completely based on the Koran and the Sunna of Mohammed (his words and actions that are the model for being a perfect Muslim). So, the Sharia is nothing more than a legal/social codification for every society to march in lock-step doing life’s smallest details modeled after what the Koran says and Mohammed said and did.

The biggest misunderstanding here is that Islam is simply a religion. If Islam were only a religion, it would not even exist today. And it would certainly not be feared. The story of Mohammed and the success of his mission is well known. The summary of it is in Islam’s growth curve:

Mohammed’s career had two stages, religious and political. As a religious leader he only converted about 150 Arabs into Muslims in his first 13 years in Mecca. When he went to Medina, he became a politician and a jihadist. Politics and jihad made Mohammed a success. When he died, every Arab was a Muslim. If he had stayed with religion, when he died there would have only be a few hundred Muslims and Islam would have collapsed. It was politics that made Mohammed a success and it was politics that made Islam a success for 1400 years.

Islam’s historical success has been due to jihad and Sharia law. Jihad overthrew Christian, Zoroastrian, Buddhist and Hindu governments and the Sharia was put into place. The inferior political position of Christians and all Kafirs under Islamic Sharia means their slow annihilation. Turkey, Middle East and Africa are but a few examples of this.

The secret of Islam is that the Koran and the Sunna of Mohammed are primarily devoted to politics, not religion. The Kafir is a political class under Sharia rule and much of Islamic doctrine is about the Kafir. See the next chart:

Since it is based on Koran, Sira and Hadith, the Sharia must be political in nature. And indeed the Sharia is filled with both the religious law and political law. Hence, there is a religious Sharia and a political Sharia. Every Sharia rule that impacts the Kafir is political, not religious.

Note: strictly speaking--politics, culture, law and religion are unified in Islam and Sharia. However, such a unified vision gets muddled into: Islam is a religion, Sharia law is religious and therefore, Sharia trumps our politics. As long as Islam and Sharia are treated only by their religious aspect, we lose. The easiest way to do this is to separate out the political facet.

Here is a simple example that illustrates the difference between religious Sharia and political Sharia: in Europe and New York, Muslims commandeer the streets and sidewalks to pray. This is tolerated under “freedom of religion”. It is true that the prayer is religious, but commandeering the sidewalks and streets is strictly a political act. Kafirs are told to submit and not use the public thoroughfare. Each and every Muslim should be ticketed for blocking traffic, just as you and I would be if we blocked traffic.

Islam is based on two principles: dominance over all Kafirs and dualism. The Sharia fully incorporates both principles and as a result, political Sharia rules violate universal human rights.

From the Reliance of the Traveller, A Classical Manual of Islamic Sacred Law:

Apostasy (leaving Islam):
o5.4 There is no expiation [punishment] for killing someone who has left Islam

Wife beating:
m10.12 … may hit her, but not in a way that injures her, meaning he may not bruise her, break bones, wound her, or cause blood to flow. It is unlawful to strike another’s face.

Jihad:
09.0 Jihad means war against Kafirs to establish Islam’s Sharia law.

Another one.. ---http://www.politicalislam.com/blog/bulletin-of-the-oppression-of-women-march-29-may-26-2012/

Bulletin of the Oppression of Women March 29 - May 26, 2012.Posted in Bulletin of the Oppression of Women / Make a Comment /
Bulletin of the Oppression of Women
March 29 - May 26, 2012

March 29, 2012
UK (h/t to IslaminEurope)
A five-year-old girl is thought to have become the UK's youngest victim of forced marriage. She was one of 400 children to receive assistance from the government's Forced Marriage Unit in the last year.
The figures have emerged as the public consultation into criminalising forced marriage in England, Wales and Northern Ireland comes to an end. Amy Cumming, joint head of the Forced Marriage Unit, said 29% of the cases it dealt with last year involved minors.

Turkey
A judge ruled to release two suspects arrested on suspicion of raping a 15-year-old girl and allegedly scolded the girl's mother for not watching her closely enough.

The Izmir 2nd High Criminal Court last week ruled for the release of two suspects who were arrested two years ago on charges of raping H.S., who was 15 at the time. Prosecutors had demanded 18 years in prison for the two suspects.

March 30,2 012
Italy (h/t JihadWatch)
The Italian Supreme Court on Friday upheld a sentence for abuse and aggravated assault by a Moroccan father against his 12-year-old daughter. Defense lawyers maintained that the father, who allegedly beat his daughter with a broom handle for "corrective" purposes after she could not properly recite the Koran, did so because of "cultural" reasons and should be given a lighter sentence accordingly.

Turkey (h/t to thereligionofpeace )
Realising a decades-old objective amid protest from the secular opposition, Turkey's moderate Islamic premier Recep Tayyip Erdogan has pushed through a reform today that favours the Koranic institutions, introduces an hour of Muslim religious instruction and exposes girls to danger of being kept at home away from school.

March 31, 2012
Afghanistan (h/t thereligionofpeace)
A 12-year-old girl and a 15-year-old boy have been killed in an acid attack in Afghanistan, an official said Saturday, with witnesses claiming it was because of their friendship in what is an ultra-conservative country.

UK (h/t to thereligionofpeace)
38 girls may have been involved in a child prostitution ring, it emerged yesterday. Detectives had originally identified 24 girls, but Simon Heptonstall, prosecuting, told Amersham Court Court yesterday that police investigations were now focussing on 38 girls, aged between 11 and 16. Eleven have so far been interviewed by detectives.

Six men - Zeshan Ahmed, Akhtar Dogar, Anjun Dogar, Kamar Jamil, Bassan Karrar and Mohammed Karrar - were appearing for a preliminary crown court hearing.

April 19, 2012
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia's Grand Mufti, Sheikh Abdul-Aziz Al al-Sheikh, has approved marriage for girls as young as 10 years-old and criticized the notion of raising the age to 25 years-old according to various news reports. According to The World Observer, he went on to say a girl becomes ready for marriage at 10 or 12 according to Islam and stressed that Islamic law is not by any means oppressive to women, the London-based al-Hayat reported Wednesday.

April 21, 2012
Pakistan (h/t thereligionofpeace)
Police foiled a plan to marry a 5 year old girl to a 18 year old.

The families were informed that marriage of underage girls is illegal and they were shocked," a policeman, who was part of the raid, told The Express Tribune. "They said we're illiterate and do not know about the law." The girl's parents have been arrested.

UK
As many as 100,000 women in Britain have undergone female genital mutilations (FGM) with medics in the UK offering to carry out the illegal procedure on girls as young as 10, it has been reported.

April 23, 2012
India
Women's anger against FGM grows in India.

UK
Two Pakistani students rape a woman who fell asleep on a bus and missed her stop. The students persuaded her to get off with them, saying they would call a taxi for her.

April 27, 2012
USA (h/t JihadWatch)
Dr. al-Haj, a medical doctor and fellow at the American Academy of Pediatrics, ignores FGM's detrimental effects on women's health, and instead argues that it is 'an honor' for women. He justifies this position by referring repeatedly to the words of classical Islamic scholars from the four schools of mainstream Sunni Islamic thought, all of which attest to FGM's legitimacy under Islam. He also refers to the words of the Prophet Muhammad himself, who reportedly counselled people in his day on how to perform FGM in a way that would be "more beautiful to behold and better for [the woman's] husband."

Dr. al-Haj lost his position at the Mayo Clinic. UPDATE from AtlasShrugs.

April 29, 2012
Chechnya (h/t JihadWatch)
Chechnya's government is openly approving of families that kill female relatives who violate their sense of honor, as this Russian republic embraces a fundamentalist interpretation of Islam after decades of religious suppression under Soviet rule.

May 2, 2012
Kuwait (h/t JihadWatch)
Dianne Wilton, the wife of a former British ambassador has been left with third-degree burns after a pot of boiling water was hurled at her in an suspected Islamist attack. She was dining with friends and a member of the Kuwaiti royal family in a restaurant when a woman attacked her table.

May 3, 2012
Morocco (h/t to AtlasShrugs)
The widespread practice of marrying minors continues to be one of the most incendiary legal and political issues in Morocco today, causing open confrontations between hard-line Islamists and moderates throughout the country.

May 6, 2012
Pakistan
A former lawmaker and cleric from Kohistan district, Maulana Abdul Haleem, termed formal education for women un-Islamic and asked parents to pluck their daughters from school, or else they would be 'doomed'

May 8, 2012
Tunsia (h/t JihadWatch)
The French finance ministry froze the assets of a radical imam from Tunisia who is under the threat of expulsion for anti-Semitism, an official announcement said. Mohammed Hammami, 76, has lived in France for decades and was accused in January by Interior Minister Claude Geant of making "violently anti-Semitic remarks" as well as calling for women to be "whipped to death" for adultery.

May 9, 2012
Australia (h/t AtlasShrugs)
Ismail Belghar, 36, yesterday pleaded guilty to detaining and assaulting his sister-in-law after she "dared" to take his wife to the beach without his permission. The court heard, because of his religious beliefs and because he thought he had absolute authority over her, Belghar felt it "abhorrent" that his wife, Hanife Kokden, had been to the beach where she "displayed her body".

The Moroccan immigrant had originally been charged with the attempted murder of his wife's younger sister, Canan Kokden, 25.

UK (h/t AtlasShrugs)
Nine Muslim men were found guilty of running a sex-ring for years, grooming and forcing young at-risk British girls to participate. More HERE.

UK (h/t therelilgionofpeace)
One of the guilty Muslim men in the British child-sex ring, Adbul Rauf, was an Islamic preacher.

May 10, 2012
India (h/t thereligionofpeace)
A senior Indian police officer has been recorded suggesting that the father of a missing girl should murder her in an honour killing.

May 11, 2012
Indonesia
No fewer than six major Islamic organisations have formally objected to the equality bill on the ground that some of its articles go against Islamic values in the world's most populous Muslim-majority nation where 80 percent of its 238 million people are followers of the faith.

May 12, 2012
India
A 24-year-old woman hailing from Charthawal village created quite a sensation at the office of SP City, Muzaffarnagar, on last Thursday, when she accused her father-in-law, Mohammad Jabir, of repeatedly raping her. An obviously pregnant Sabina (name changed) was covered in a 'burkha' and appeared nervous, as she sought police intervention in the presence of local mediapersons.

Sabina claimed that her husband, Wasul, a small-time cloth merchant was mostly out of town, which had only emboldened the old man. However, hardly 24 hours after the drama, Sabina has gone missing and no one, including the police, has any clue on her whereabouts.

May 13, 2012
Morocco
A young woman, whose name and age remains undisclosed, was said to have been beaten and stoned for wearing a "short dress" at a market place in the city of Rabat, reported North African news website Magharebia. It was not known when the incident had happened.

The assault was reportedly carried out by Salafists, an extremist group who in recent years are believed to have a link with Al-Qaeda. The attack reportedly came on the heels of an announcement made by Quran reciter Abu Zeid, who called for a particular day to be consigned to "chastity and modesty", the report said.

May 17, 2012
Pakistan (h/t thereligionofpeace)
A twelve year old Christian girl who was raped over a year ago receives threats, not justice.

May 21, 2012
Sudan
Intisar Sharif Abdalla, believed to be between 15 and 17 years of age (although prison authorities claim she is 20) was sentenced to death in accordance with Article 146 of the Sudanese criminal law albeit without legal representation.

The judgment was made on May 13, 2012 after just one hearing and came after an "admission of guilt" plea following torture and brutal beatings by Sharif's brother who instigated the case. Her co-accused however remains un-convicted and walks freely.

Neo
08-12-2012, 10:42 AM

I see an ignorant ass who likes to paint with a broad brush.

Hey Einstein, since you're obviously so damn smart, tell me what makes people in the Tea Party movement "haters". Is it because they demand responsible government and not the left-wing ways of incompetance and waste? Is it because they actually SUBSCRIBE to the idea of being judged by the content of ones' character, not the color of ones' skin, unlike Liberals? Is it maybe because they believe in life, liberty, and the unencumbered pursuit of happpiness, free of obsessive, restrictive, job killing regulations that put a insect or frog ahead of a human beings right to pursue these goals.

Is it because they believe in free speech and in tolerance (I mean REAL tolerance, not lip service like from Libs)? Or, is it because people in the Tea Psrty protest quietly and respectfully and actually leave an area better off than when it was found, as opossed to the douche bag, dirty, filththy Liberals of the so called "99%ers" movement that found littering, raping women, shooting up drugs, dumping their garbage everywhere, fornicatng out in public, and an assortment of other disgusting and illegal acts that they apparantly found to be prefavorable to behaving like decent, normal human beings?

So tell me all about it there sunshine, I await with baited breath and great anticipation!

(sarcasm /off)

aboutime
08-12-2012, 03:42 PM
I see an ignorant ass who likes to paint with a broad brush.

Hey Einstein, since you're obviously so damn smart, tell me what makes people in the Tea Party movement "haters". Is it because they demand responsible government and not the left-wing ways of incompetance and waste? Is it because they actually SUBSCRIBE to the idea of being judged by the content of ones' character, not the color of ones' skin, unlike Liberals? Is it maybe because they believe in life, liberty, and the unencumbered pursuit of happpiness, free of obsessive, restrictive, job killing regulations that put a insect or frog ahead of a human beings right to pursue these goals.

Is it because they believe in free speech and in tolerance (I mean REAL tolerance, not lip service like from Libs)? Or, is it because people in the Tea Psrty protest quietly and respectfully and actually leave an area better off than when it was found, as opossed to the douche bag, dirty, filththy Liberals of the so called "99%ers" movement that found littering, raping women, shooting up drugs, dumping their garbage everywhere, fornicatng out in public, and an assortment of other disgusting and illegal acts that they apparantly found to be prefavorable to behaving like decent, normal human beings?

So tell me all about it there sunshine, I await with baited breath and great anticipation!

(sarcasm /off)

Lets get Indofred to show us WHERE in the constitution, those words appear.

INDOFRED is the favorite SOCKPUPPET of someone with a really bad Brain Loss, who relishes smelling Dirty Socks, and eats old tennis shoes for breakfast.
IndoFred is challenged whenever his pre-school teen-aged supervisor walks into the Utility-room where the Mops, Brooms, and IndoFred are stored after school hours until the next morning.

gabosaurus
08-12-2012, 07:32 PM
aboutime, do you understand the concept of freedom of speech and freedom of religion? I mean really understand it.

It doesn't matter if Islam preaches that they should kill every non-Muslim they see? They have freedom of speech and religion and say what they want and worship how they want?

Do you remember the last government that actively encourage their citizens to hate people of a certain faith, to destroy their places of worship and open discriminate against all those who worship in such a way?
It was Nazi Germany.
Which means that, in preaching hate against Muslims, you are following the same course as Hitler.
I have always thought you were a contemporary neo-Nazi. This thread does nothing to change my mind.

jimnyc
08-12-2012, 07:35 PM
aboutime, do you understand the concept of freedom of speech and freedom of religion? I mean really understand it.

It doesn't matter if Islam preaches that they should kill every non-Muslim they see? They have freedom of speech and religion and say what they want and worship how they want?

Do you remember the last government that actively encourage their citizens to hate people of a certain faith, to destroy their places of worship and open discriminate against all those who worship in such a way?
It was Nazi Germany.
Which means that, in preaching hate against Muslims, you are following the same course as Hitler.
I have always thought you were a contemporary neo-Nazi. This thread does nothing to change my mind.

I know you'll have an excuse, you always do, but it's funny reading this post from you after reading your crap in another thread about White Supremacists.

gabosaurus
08-12-2012, 07:39 PM
What crap? The white supremacist thread was made to call out those who believe that Muslims should be followed, phone tapped and arrested without cause. If Muslims are profiled, why shouldn't White Supremacists be profiled?

Otherwise, I believe they should have freedom of speech like everyone else. Unfortunately, too many other believe there should be exceptions to "everyone else."

In plain terms, it was a Devils Advocate thread. I believe Kathianne figured that out early.

jimnyc
08-12-2012, 07:45 PM
What crap? The white supremacist thread was made to call out those who believe that Muslims should be followed, phone tapped and arrested without cause. If Muslims are profiled, why shouldn't White Supremacists be profiled?

Otherwise, I believe they should have freedom of speech like everyone else. Unfortunately, too many other believe there should be exceptions to "everyone else."

In plain terms, it was a Devils Advocate thread. I believe Kathianne figured that out early.

That's not exactly how you wrote it, and you're also forgetting the detention camps and other crap.

Anyway, can you show me specifically where someone here is calling for Muslims in the USA to be followed, phone tapped and arrested without cause? (and perhaps held in detention camps)? I'd like to read that posts or posts and place it into context. Just a link to where someone posted this would be sufficient. Please and thanks in advance.

gabosaurus
08-12-2012, 07:52 PM
It's all part of the same concept. How we need a Gitmo for White Supremacists. It is useless to breakdown point by point.

jimnyc
08-12-2012, 07:55 PM
It's all part of the same concept. How we need a Gitmo for White Supremacists. It is useless to breakdown point by point.

Just a link to backup your accusations would be fine. This is what you wrote most recently, in addition to similar elsewhere. And we were obviously talking about the US... Anyway, your words, please back them up with a link?

The white supremacist thread was made to call out those who believe that Muslims should be followed, phone tapped and arrested without cause.