PDA

View Full Version : Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On

gabosaurus
08-08-2012, 04:52 PM
We've had a couple of moderate earthquakes in the last 24 hours or so. The one this morning I believe was a 4.5. It was centered in Yorba Linda, which is not too far from where my parents live. It upset my mom because her cable went out while she was watching the Olympics. :laugh:
One of the eternal pleasures of living in Southern California.

aboutime
08-08-2012, 05:01 PM
This sounds like the makings of another BIG ONE about to strike the Slippery State that could slide into the Pacific.

It also sounds like the right time for ANCHOR BABIES to join hands from Mexico to the Northern border of California...and prevent any movement by the state IN SPANISH of course.

gabosaurus
08-08-2012, 05:08 PM
:lol: :lame2:

aboutime
08-08-2012, 05:10 PM
:lol: :lame2:

Thanks. I wanted to say the very same thing about your LOTTA SHAKIN as well.

So, both of us are laughing at the same thing. How Lame is that?

gabosaurus
08-08-2012, 05:15 PM
I posted a simple innocuous thread about earthquakes here and you tried to turn it into a political statement. Proves you are a lame fool with zero sense of humor.
Remind me to send the anchor babies over to your house. Hope you know Spanish. :p

jimnyc
08-08-2012, 05:18 PM
I've never been through an earthquake before. I don't wanna see anyone croak, but I'd like to experience a heavy duty quake just to "feel" it and see how powerful they are!

aboutime
08-08-2012, 05:19 PM
I posted a simple innocuous thread about earthquakes here and you tried to turn it into a political statement. Proves you are a lame fool with zero sense of humor.
Remind me to send the anchor babies over to your house. Hope you know Spanish. :p

I agree. Innocuous. Political? How? Lame fool. Thanks so much. I try very hard to imitate you. Guess it worked at last.

gabosaurus
08-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Jim, you should have been out here for the Northridge Earthquake in 1992. We lived about 40 miles south and it still threw me out of my bed. Happened about 4:30 in the morning. I was 7 years old and it scared the crap out of me.
My dad remembers it because someone he worked with was severely injured when a large book case fell on it.

Thunderknuckles
08-08-2012, 05:34 PM
I've never been through an earthquake before. I don't wanna see anyone croak, but I'd like to experience a heavy duty quake just to "feel" it and see how powerful they are!
Even small quakes scare the crap out of people foreign to earthquake country. I suppose I can understand not ever knowing what it is like having the earth move under you.
If I had any say in the matter, I would recommend a 5.0 quake to get your feet wet :laugh:
As Gabby mentioned, the Northridge quake was no joke. Anything approaching 7.0 will scare the crap out even lifelong Californians.
If you want step right on into the big leagues with a quake like that, bring a few pairs of clean under shorts with you :)

gabosaurus
08-08-2012, 05:39 PM
A while back, the East Texas area had a 4.5 quake. It was a big deal out there.
The husband of one of my best friends grew up in that area. They now live in Austin. When he told his wife about the quake, she said "Only 4.5? In Orange County, we didn't even wake up for those." :cool:

aboutime
08-08-2012, 05:43 PM

jimnyc. I have experienced a major one while I was in the navy. We were anchored in the harbor of a seacoast city...I can't recall the name. But it was in Chile, 1981, and it did a great deal of damage.
Even on the water, in the ship. It sounded like another ship had fired her Main Guns, and we felt the vibrations that shook the ship for less than a minute.
It is a scary experience for anyone. Which is why I hope to never experience one again.

Our next port after this one was Valpariso.

cadet
08-08-2012, 05:50 PM

Quein no sabe espanol? Nosotros mismos nos debemos acostumbrar al espanol.

Un dia, yo Espero que la propia un Mcdonalds.Hay un monton de mexicanos trabajando en ese lugar.

aboutime
08-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Quein no sabe espanol? Nosotros mismos nos debemos acostumbrar al espanol.

Un dia, yo Espero que la propia un Mcdonalds.Hay un monton de mexicanos trabajando en ese lugar.

On a Steek! 3826

Trinity
08-09-2012, 09:04 PM

Well I was born in Cali and moved away when i was 3.....I was an army brat...went back twice once when i was 16 and was camping and slept through a 4.5 earthquake woke up to everyone freaking out...lol...went back again around 18 was watching the world series and talking to gaffer on the phone and looking out the window when the one in san fran hit, I was about 50 miles away and watching the water in the pool shoot up about 2 feet in the air....it was different.

gabosaurus
08-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Well I was born in Cali and moved away when i was 3.....I was an army brat...went back twice once when i was 16 and was camping and slept through a 4.5 earthquake woke up to everyone freaking out...lol...went back again around 18 was watching the world series and talking to gaffer on the phone and looking out the window when the one in san fran hit, I was about 50 miles away and watching the water in the pool shoot up about 2 feet in the air....it was different.

There is a video of the Northridge earthquake that shows some homes in Beverly Hills where the water is shooting up out of pools. Along with lawn furniture and assorted other fixtures.