PDA

View Full Version : Orders TV online gets an assault rifle in the mail instead!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-08-2012, 11:00 PM
http://now.msn.com/man-orders-television-online-and-receives-assault-rifle

Guy orders TV from Amazon, gets a Swiss assault rifle instead
Seth Horvitz was excited about the flat-screen television he ordered several days ago from a third-party vendor on Amazon.com. But it was obvious that the package delivered to his Washington, D.C., apartment yesterday was not a TV. Turns out it was Sig Sauer SIG716, a semi-automatic assault rifle. Oops. Horvitz called police, who were equally as stunned at the thought of an assault rifle being delivered through the mail. Amazon said it was not involved with the shipment, but is investigating the incident. Apparently, the shipping label had Horvitz’s address but the invoice had the intended recipient as a gun shop in Pennsylvania. [Source]

Check out the msnNOW.com homepage to read more trending stories.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That weapon aint cheap. I would have just kept it and not said a word about it.;)-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-09-2012, 10:26 PM

Seth Horvitz was excited about the flat-screen television he ordered several days ago from a third-party vendor on Amazon.com. But it was obvious that the package delivered to his Washington, D.C., apartment yesterday was not a TV. Turns out it was Sig Sauer SIG716, a semi-automatic assault rifle. Oops. Horvitz called police, who were equally as stunned at the thought of an assault rifle being delivered through the mail. Amazon said it was not involved with the shipment, but is investigating the incident. Apparently, the shipping label had Horvitz’s address but the invoice had the intended recipient as a gun shop in Pennsylvania. [Source]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That weapon aint cheap. I would have just kept it and not said a word about it.;)-Tyr

Nothing illegal about keeping it that I can tell. The gun's value was most likely greater than the TV's value!
If only I could be that lucky and end up with a good 50 cal sniper rifle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hotdog!
Those puppies cost out tha wazoooooooooooo!-:laugh:-Tyr

gabosaurus
08-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Sometimes I wonder which of the two is more dangerous...

Dilloduck
08-09-2012, 10:57 PM
TV wins hands down.

Voted4Reagan
08-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Nothing illegal about keeping it that I can tell. The gun's value was most likely greater than the TV's value!
If only I could be that lucky and end up with a good 50 cal sniper rifle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hotdog!

Probably about a $5000 Gun

aboutime
08-10-2012, 03:21 PM

Tyr. Think again. What if ICE had intentionally sent that weapon to see IF, he, or YOU kept it instead of reporting it???

Remember how Holder, and Obama are looking for any excuse NOT to make those documents about FAST AND FURIOUS public?
A STING is a STING, is a STING, and they obviously DO NOT CARE who they can blame to CYA.

Voted4Reagan
08-10-2012, 07:49 PM
KNOW WHAT? i DONT THINK IT WOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW TO POSSESS IT... PROVIDED IT ISNT FULL AUTO

aboutime
08-10-2012, 09:46 PM
KNOW WHAT? i DONT THINK IT WOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW TO POSSESS IT... PROVIDED IT ISNT FULL AUTO

I agree. But with the way our Justice system, the FBI, ICE, and the Obama admin, with the Dems are operating these days. I sure wouldn't want to end up a victim of their betrayal, dishonesty, and political Shenanigans. And that seems to be the Holder way.

jafar00
08-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Its a little disturbing that you can mail order a gun.

Why on Earth would you need a 50 cal sniper rifle?

jimnyc
08-11-2012, 08:24 PM

Sorry, but in America, we don't need to justify to others why we would like to lawfully own something that we have a constitutional right to.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-11-2012, 08:31 PM

Show me where I said that I --need-- a 50 cal rifle. What wants(desires) and what one may need can be very different things my friend. For instance I want a billion dollars but do not actually need it, a couple million dollars will do just fine.-;)
I love guns and would love to have a few thousand in a huge gun collection but thats certainly not a need...Tyr

aboutime
08-11-2012, 09:50 PM

Why on Earth would anyone need a BOMB BELT hidden under their clothing at an airport?

jafar00
08-12-2012, 03:13 AM
Sorry, but in America, we don't need to justify to others why we would like to lawfully own something that we have a constitutional right to.

You have a right to a 50 cal sniper rifle? Again, why would you need such a weapon? And who would you snipe with it?

Why on Earth would anyone need a BOMB BELT hidden under their clothing at an airport?

Exactly my point.

Neo
08-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Tyr. Think again. What if ICE had intentionally sent that weapon to see IF, he, or YOU kept it instead of reporting it???

Remember how Holder, and Obama are looking for any excuse NOT to make those documents about FAST AND FURIOUS public?
A STING is a STING, is a STING, and they obviously DO NOT CARE who they can blame to CYA.

Tyr, I totally agree with this gentleman. One can NEVER trust the J.D., ESPECIALLY if it's being run by a Leftist like Obonzo the Clown, with his buddy and fellow clown "Kookie". Also known as "The Gang that can't shoot straight", the guys like to set you up and burn you, even better if they can paint you to be some right-wing whacko whole basically STOLE a weapon of considerable value, not to mention killing ability, instead of immediately doing the right thing.

jimnyc
08-12-2012, 06:52 AM
You have a right to a 50 cal sniper rifle? Again, why would you need such a weapon? And who would you snipe with it?

I most certainly do have that right. And part of that right is not justifying to anyone why I won't to personally own a weapon. 99.99% of civilian owners will use it simply for shooting, practice, as it's an awesome gun, a thing of beauty. Guys on this board own all kinds of fancy guns, from handguns to assault rifles.

Neo
08-12-2012, 07:42 AM

Exactly my point.

Yes, because a .50 cal :devilgun: is the perfect weapon for taking out Liberals :confused0058:, and foreignors :martian: , when you run out of abandoned cars and trucks :tank3: to practice shoot at...gnomesayin? :wink2:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-13-2012, 09:52 AM

Our Constitutional rights do not have to be justified to those that disagree with them. Your asking me to jusitify my right to you is actually an insult but I know you are a camelrug player so I let it pass.
Why do your fellow muslims need to run out onto the streets blockinmg them to traffic in New York City to offer prayers? Are those prayers not accepted by Allah if done in private or is it to show YOUR great obedience to others and by that exalt YOURSELF?
Here is the FALLACY in Islam, it allows for man to create his own salvation by deeds-(obedience) rather than acknowedging salvation is a blessing and a gift from God that man has no way of ever earning by deed.
I just blessed you by imparting that bit of wisdom, thank me later.;)-Tyr

gabosaurus
08-13-2012, 10:08 AM
I just blessed you by imparting that bit of wisdom, thank me later.

http://netanimations.net/Moving-animated-picture-of-chicken-dancing.gif

I just blessed you with a dancing chicken. Thank me later.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-13-2012, 10:20 AM
http://netanimations.net/Moving-animated-picture-of-chicken-dancing.gif

I just blessed you with a dancing chicken. Thank me later.

Have it delivered to my home, well cooked with mashed potatoes/gravy ,corn on the cob and homemade biscuits and I will!;)
I prefer eating chicken over dancing chicken..:laugh:

fj1200
08-13-2012, 11:18 AM
And who would you snipe with it?

Because you just can't beat a good snipe hunt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipe_hunt) 'round these parts. :spittoon:

jafar00
08-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Our Constitutional rights do not have to be justified to those that disagree with them. Your asking me to jusitify my right to you is actually an insult but I know you are a camelrug player so I let it pass.
Why do your fellow muslims need to run out onto the streets blockinmg them to traffic in New York City to offer prayers? Are those prayers not accepted by Allah if done in private or is it to show YOUR great obedience to others and by that exalt YOURSELF?
Here is the FALLACY in Islam, it allows for man to create his own salvation by deeds-(obedience) rather than acknowedging salvation is a blessing and a gift from God that man has no way of ever earning by deed.
I just blessed you by imparting that bit of wisdom, thank me later.;)-Tyr

I assume they spill out onto the streets for the same reason as everywhere else like Paris where I used to live. The Mosques are overflowing. If it's happening in New York, perhaps you should have supported the building of the so called "Ground Zero" Mosque. I'm sure that building could serve the purpose of clearing the streets from worshippers as you so desire.

Have it delivered to my home, well cooked with mashed potatoes/gravy ,corn on the cob and homemade biscuits and I will!;)
I prefer eating chicken over dancing chicken..:laugh:

Want to come to my place for chicken? My wife is a master chicken cook and always surprises me with delicious new ways of cooking it. You are always welcome.

Because you just can't beat a good snipe hunt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipe_hunt) 'round these parts. :spittoon:

There wouldn't be much left of the dancing chicken after being shot with a 50cal :(