PDA

View Full Version : Momma's in charge.

cadet
08-09-2012, 10:01 PM
So i'm hanging out with my friends, playing some videogames, and dinner time rolls around.
I tell the guys "Hey, i gotta go have dinner with the family, see ya later!"

And the two just look at me, and ask "why?"

me-"Cause mom wouldn't like it if i missed."

friend1-"You're a grown man, your mom isn't in control of your life."

me-"I... I know that, it's called being respectful..." (oh, and forgot to tell them that hell hath no fury like mom)

They looked at me like i was crazy. (They're only children, and don't have dinner with family)

I just find it awful weird that guy's my age have a hard time comprehending respect... And i didn't even think about it. I'm going to make sure that when i have kids i raise them with the same high morals and respect that i have.

gabosaurus
08-09-2012, 10:12 PM
How old are you? If you are in your 20s, please tell me that you don't live with your mom.

I respect my parents a lot. But after I graduated from high school and went off to college, I no longer had the time to have dinner with them. Plus I lived about 400 miles away.
In fact, if my sister or I showed up for dinner now, my mom wouldn't be happy. She expects us to be independent adults.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-09-2012, 10:13 PM
So i'm hanging out with my friends, playing some videogames, and dinner time rolls around.

me-"I... I know that, it's called being respectful..." (oh, and forgot to tell them that hell hath no fury like mom)

They looked at me like i was crazy. (They're only children, and don't have dinner with family)

I just find it awful weird that guy's my age have a hard time comprehending respect... And i didn't even think about it. I'm going to make sure that when i have kids i raise them with the same high morals and respect that i have.

By Gawd, if they'd had my mom they would sure as hell know what respect is!! She could bust that ass like nobody's business! Im 58 years old and still wouldnt want her to get pissed at me!- No joking..-Tyr

gabosaurus
08-09-2012, 10:22 PM
My mom never had to bust anyone's ass. My mom is German and she has a glare that strikes fear into the heart of anyone. When my sister or I came across my mom and she had that "look" on her face, we wished she would have busted our ass and got it over with. The glare was worse.

08-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Sadly, honoring our Father and mother is not something we do well.

cadet
08-10-2012, 06:04 AM
How old are you? If you are in your 20s, please tell me that you don't live with your mom.

I respect my parents a lot. But after I graduated from high school and went off to college, I no longer had the time to have dinner with them. Plus I lived about 400 miles away.
In fact, if my sister or I showed up for dinner now, my mom wouldn't be happy. She expects us to be independent adults.

19, college starts in a week.

aboutime
08-10-2012, 02:51 PM

Nothing to find weird Cadet. Most of those you are speaking about have never been taught RESPECT, or MORALS. In fact. They probably hate their parents because they told them to get out, and support themselves, get a job, finish school, and become Responsible Adults.
But we all know. You are far, and away. Totally different than most of them. Your parents taught you the differences between right and wrong, and that is much different than those other people you talked about.
Watch how some here will accuse you of being MOMMA's Boy.
SCREW 'EM unless they offer to pay your bills.

gabosaurus
08-10-2012, 06:07 PM
19, college starts in a week.

Only 19? My mistake. I took you for being much older.
Where are you going to college?

Voted4Reagan
08-10-2012, 07:36 PM

Good... we'll expect you out there telling all the drug addled unwashed Hippie Scum in OWS to leave their parents basements...:laugh:

Noir
08-10-2012, 09:01 PM

As a 22 year old who still lives with my dad, you can live with your family and still be totally independent.

Infact it's the best of both worlds, because its means I only have to pay about 1/3 the minimum rent I would have to pay to live in this town, my dad gets some money that he otherwise wouldn't via my rent, we're able to share responsibilities like taking care of the pets, and share utilities like Wifi, LoveFilms etc.

Don't get all high-horsey over the issue because it happened to work out grand for you at a certain age.

cadet
08-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Only 19? My mistake. I took you for being much older.
Where are you going to college?

My momma taught me to neva tell no stranga's my personal info.

jimnyc
08-11-2012, 08:27 AM
As a 22 year old who still lives with my dad, you can live with your family and still be totally independent.

Infact it's the best of both worlds, because its means I only have to pay about 1/3 the minimum rent I would have to pay to live in this town, my dad gets some money that he otherwise wouldn't via my rent, we're able to share responsibilities like taking care of the pets, and share utilities like Wifi, LoveFilms etc.

Don't get all high-horsey over the issue because it happened to work out grand for you at a certain age.

Absolutely, well said!

Family is family is family. It should never be frowned upon when they stick together, regardless of the reason.

Voted4Reagan
08-11-2012, 09:29 AM

Noir...GABBY CANT HELP GETTING HIGH HORSEY... AFTER ALL...ACCORDING TO HER SHE IS SMARTER THAN ALL OF US......

But that has been proven false many times....:dance::laugh2::dance:

aboutime
08-11-2012, 02:05 PM
My momma taught me to neva tell no stranga's my personal info.

cadet. Best advice yet. The Internet, Twitter, Facebook, and any Email account is UNFORGIVING. The moment you let something personal slip. It becomes FODDER, just like the Library of Congress. There for anyone who wants it.

WiccanLiberal
08-11-2012, 03:19 PM
I lived in my parents' house until my 30's. As a single woman on Long Island, this was not unusual. I paid rent and helped with the household matters. I would always respect my folks plans. If I wasn't going to be at dinner, they always knew ahead of time. I always left my second set of car keys on a hook in the kitchen so they could move it if they needed to ( I worked nights most of the time ).

aboutime
08-11-2012, 03:36 PM
I lived in my parents' house until my 30's. As a single woman on Long Island, this was not unusual. I paid rent and helped with the household matters. I would always respect my folks plans. If I wasn't going to be at dinner, they always knew ahead of time. I always left my second set of car keys on a hook in the kitchen so they could move it if they needed to ( I worked nights most of the time ).

Of course Wiccan. That is the sign of being an adult with personal responsibility, and able to show the respect to those who earned your respect, and love.
It's just called Good Upbringing, and being Human.
Something far too many SELFISH people among us....practice without regard to respect for others.

DragonStryk72
08-11-2012, 05:41 PM

Hold up, in this economy? so if he's a poor 20-22 year old in college, even? When did he say that he wasn't independent, even? Why does wanting to spend some time with your parents once a week automatically equal dependent to you?

jimnyc
08-11-2012, 06:11 PM
The ironic thing, is a liberal speaking about personal responsibility and not perhaps living off of someone else. Meanwhile, liberals and democrats in general survive politically by allowing many to avoid personal responsibility and to live off of the government and other taxpayers.