PDA

View Full Version : Obama campaign aides ban voter interviews outside rally

jimnyc
08-10-2012, 08:41 PM
What a shame, the poor sheep can't even comment on things themselves, Obama and Michelle have to dictate every last detail.

Presidential campaign events are always orchestrated stage shows, and reporters are used to campaigns doing their best to manipulate the media and control the day’s narrative.

But my experience Thursday at a Michelle Obama event in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania was a first.

Obama campaign operatives barred me from talking to voters outside the event, to the point of interfering with my interviews and grabbing my microphone.

You can hear some audio of one encounter by playing my radio story above.

Here’s what happened:

During the two-hour wait for the rally to begin, I wanted to talk to some of the supporters attending the event. Since I couldn't leave the media pen at the Upper Dublin High School gymnasium, I told press aide Devora Kaye I'd like to go and find some outside.

Kaye, who is exceptionally pleasant, said I could go out and come back in, but that I couldn't talk to people waiting in line for the event. When I asked why, she mentioned security and crowd-control concerns, which honestly made no sense. Everyone coming into the building would have to go through security again anyway.

I went outside. The line was short and things were peaceful. The only members of the public around to talk to were the people in line to get into the rally, so that’s where I went.

Oh, no you don't

I was speaking to a very enthusiastic Obama supporter named Corinne Dieterle, when I was interrupted by a young man wearing a campaign staff tag telling me I couldn’t be doing this.

This is outside, in front of a public high school.

“You can't be doing this in line,” he said.

“Why is that?” I asked.

No answer. “I’m sorry,” I said. “I can't do what in line?”

“You can't be interviewing people in line,” he said.

I asked him repeatedly who he was and why interviews were banned.

Those inquiries were met with silence. At one point he grabbed my microphone, and released it when I asked him to.

Read the rest here: http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/off-mic/item/42734

aboutime
08-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Just another example of the Obama mind-less set, trying to prevent the 1st amendment from being practiced according to the IGNORED, and DISOBEYED constitution, and Presidential Oath that is nothing but a JOKE.

sundaydriver
08-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Michelle Obama spoke spoke at Moravian College the same day on her Pennsy tour. Reading the article about her visit the next day in the two local papers shows that people waiting to enter the event were interviewed. Who knows what happened to cause the one reporter to not be allowed to interview outside in Montgomery County, but it appears it was not SOP for all her stops.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/bethlehem/index.ssf/2012/08/first_lady_michelle_obama_warn.html (http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/bethlehem/index.ssf/2012/08/first_lady_michelle_obama_warn.html)

jimnyc
08-11-2012, 08:11 AM
Michelle Obama spoke spoke at Moravian College the same day on her Pennsy tour. Reading the article about her visit the next day in the two local papers shows that people waiting to enter the event were interviewed. Who knows what happened to cause the one reporter to not be allowed to interview outside in Montgomery County, but it appears it was not SOP for all her stops.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/bethlehem/index.ssf/2012/08/first_lady_michelle_obama_warn.html (http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/bethlehem/index.ssf/2012/08/first_lady_michelle_obama_warn.html)

If their handlers can control a crowd and reporters so drastically at one event, you don't think they can control what happens and what is stated at another? I'm not the conspiracy type, and doubt they could handle this type of bat down at every event anyway, but it's enough to make you wonder. It's election year and Obama has already had a few slips of the tongue, as have others in his administration and his party, so it wouldn't surprise me if they would take certain actions to completely narrate things the way they want it to go.

Voted4Reagan
08-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Another Violation of the 1st amendment by the Liberal Illuminati....

Imagine if he gets the Fairness doctrine passed.....

scary

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-11-2012, 11:42 AM
What a shame, the poor sheep can't even comment on things themselves, Obama and Michelle have to dictate every last detail.

Read the rest here: http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/off-mic/item/42734

That is exactly the type of control obama wants over ALL of us. A second term , one "good" crisis and martial law declared and he'll get it for he is damn close to having it now! The old adage about ignorance being bliss holds true for so many Americans now! As they continue with thier lives , daily struggles and diversions they fail to see such a danger because once the hype was in place the agenda was rapidly advanced to meet the new opportunity. Obama is inept on how to run a nation well ( it's easier to tear down than build up) but damn good at how to destroy one economicly along with the use of appointed czars /Executive orders. Just imagine the audacity and aggressive misuse of power if this azzhat gets another term!!??-Tyr

aboutime
08-11-2012, 01:47 PM
That is exactly the type of control obama wants over ALL of us. A second term , one "good" crisis and martial law declared and he'll get it for he is damn close to having it now! The old adage about ignorance being bliss holds true for so many Americans now! As they continue with thier lives , daily struggles and diversions they fail to see such a danger because once the hype was in place the agenda was rapidly advanced to meet the new opportunity. Obama is inept on how to run a nation well ( it's easier to tear down than build up) but damn good at how to destroy one economicly along with the use of appointed czars /Executive orders. Just imagine the audacity and aggressive misuse of power if this azzhat gets another term!!??-Tyr

Tyr and jimnyc. As sad as this is. What makes it worse is. Most of us already knew this kind of abuse of our Freedom of Speech was taking place. So everything we say here, to one-another. Is nothing more than Singing to the Choir.
The real damage has been done, and continues to be done to those Fellow Americans who don't bother being concerned....LIKE WE DO, as their life is spent just trying to survive from day to day...all the while telling themselves "They are just one person, and YOU CAN'T FIGHT CITY HALL!"

How many of us grew up hearing those words, and believed them until WE became more involved...as we are doing here. No matter how insignificant it might be. We are far more knowledgeable about WHAT IS HAPPENING than 99% of our fellow Americans.

In fact. I'd be willing to guess, or even bet. Those 99% of Americans probably have NO IDEA what the 1st amendment is, or what it says.