PDA

View Full Version : It's Official - Romney/Ryan 2012

jimnyc
08-11-2012, 08:06 AM
I stole the title from RSR's post in another thread wondering whether or not Romney was going to pick him, and he did. What is everyone's thoughts on the pick? Do you like Ryan? Will this hurt or help the campaign? I know many, especially liberals, will scoff at this, and of course tie him to the tea party and make little jokes. But the tea party hasn't diminished from day one and they are still making changes throughout the country, and hopefully this will give them the biggest stage of all to help make change. And before anyone asks, or at least asks me, yes I think he is good financially and I like the plans he has put forth. People get angry with his budget because it slashes tons of shit and takes many freebies out of peoples hands. They might actually have to work under his budget ideas.

taft2012
08-11-2012, 08:30 AM
As in 1988, 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, and 2008.... I like the Vice Presidential nominee better than I like the top of the ticket.

I see a definite trend emerging here.

PostmodernProphet
08-11-2012, 09:01 AM
I like it.....it provides a ready answer to the question, what are Republicans going to do to turn the economy around......and as for health care, remember this?....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPxMZ1WdINs&feature=player_embedded

PostmodernProphet
08-11-2012, 09:06 AM
I see a definite trend emerging here.

its a sign of emerging change in the party......the Tea Party approach isn't strong enough to be in the number one position yet, but it certainly warrants attention in the #2......couple of terms of Romney followed by a couple of terms of Ryan and who knows.....

Voted4Reagan
08-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Solid Pick and an Economic Whiz kid....

He certainly beefs up the ticket and shows that The Economy will be the number one priority.

Good Choice.... I was kinda hoping for Condi Rice... But Ryan is a Solid pick... Unlike Biden who is representative of the Business as usual good old boy network.

Thunderknuckles
08-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Solid Pick and an Economic Whiz kid....

He certainly beefs up the ticket and shows that The Economy will be the number one priority.
Agreed. It most certainly shows this ticket is about the economy. I'm actually excited about the ticket now.

On a side note : I read that Romney screwed up Ryan's introduction (or did he?)

"Please join me in welcoming the next president of the United States, Paul Ryan,"

Little-Acorn
08-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Romney has thrown down the gauntlet to the tax-and-spend-and-borrow-and-spend-and-borrow-some-more Democrats, in the best way possible. Also to the cut-taxes-but-spend-like-mad-anyway Republicans of 2000-2006.

Paul Ryan has been the spearhead of the STOP SPENDING group in the House.

Making him VP is a VERY effective way of telling everyone, "Yes, we're serious about gettinng this spending back under control, and LIMITING it."

Unless people start believing the Democrats' astonishing "Romney killed my wife" lies....

...Romney just won the Nov. 2012 election.

tailfins
08-11-2012, 10:32 AM
...Romney just won the Nov. 2012 election.

Dick Morris was saying that making the selection before the convention would badly damage viewership and cost Romney badly.

jimnyc
08-11-2012, 11:49 AM
I've spent a bit of time this morning learning more about Ryan, how he came into politics, what positions he has held and his overall experience. I definitely like him, economically speaking. But as I continue to read, one thing I wanted to point out already is that he has much more experience than Obama did when he got on the election trail. He's running for vice president with perhaps 50x the amount of experience than our current president has.

And while recently I drooled over a potential debate between long shot Condi Rice and Biden, I'm still looking forward to seeing Ryan shred Biden. I can't wait to see Biden try to debate economics with Ryan.

aboutime
08-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Agreed. It most certainly shows this ticket is about the economy. I'm actually excited about the ticket now.

On a side note : I read that Romney screwed up Ryan's introduction (or did he?)

"Please join me in welcoming the next president of the United States, Paul Ryan,"

Not really. But a slip of the tongue to anyone that HATES, DESPISES, and WANTS Romney to fail in every way....Like all of the MEDIA is what they call A GOOD THING.
Like, they are always perfect, and have never made a mistake. Unlike Obama who Lies all the time, and isn't smart enough to know it.