revelarts
08-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Too much on the plate, not sure when I'll be back . I'm not dead yet

God Bless folks

Shadow
08-11-2012, 12:00 PM

God Bless folks

I hear ya...I kinda feel the same....sometimes the outside world can be overwelming. Good luck pursuing your other endeavors though...hope eveything goes well for you!!

Don't stay away too long!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-11-2012, 12:30 PM

God Bless folks

I hope all is well and you can return to post sooner rather than later. I've found your posts to be informative and very well presented. All the best and may your life be blessed so much that you trip over blessings trying to take a Sunday walk!-Tyr

jimnyc
08-11-2012, 12:48 PM

God Bless folks

Nooooooo!

I hope all is ok outside of being busy though. Of course home life takes precedence to a stinking message board, so take care of yourself and do what you need to, then come back to us ya bastard! :coffee:

SassyLady
08-11-2012, 11:58 PM
You will be missed Rev.....take care and don't forget us.

Kathianne
08-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Hey Rev, we've had our disagreements, but I've always read every one of your posts. I do hope you'll return, sooner than later!

Noir
08-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Take care Rev, and remember, they're watching! ;P

fj1200
08-12-2012, 09:28 PM

God Bless folks

You've gone to the dark side and gotten a job at a bank haven't you?

Kathianne
08-12-2012, 10:44 PM
You've gone to the dark side and gotten a job at a bank haven't you?

LOL! Don't get me started. I'm not a conspiracy person, but I'm tending that way with banks. Seriously. I've got an email out to an officer/friend on Chicago Merc. asking him to make heads or tails of a Reuters 'exclusive.' (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/10/us-banks-recoveryplans-idUSBRE87905N20120810)

fj1200
08-12-2012, 10:54 PM
LOL! Don't get me started. I'm not a conspiracy person, but I'm tending that way with banks. Seriously. I've got an email out to an officer/friend on Chicago Merc. asking him to make heads or tails of a Reuters 'exclusive.' (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/10/us-banks-recoveryplans-idUSBRE87905N20120810)

Much ado in my opinion. It's just regulators, per Dodd-Frank, passing rules and ordering banks around based on the mistaken impression that the collapse was the fault of the banks and not government actions that were at the core of the meltdown IMO. If it's a one-off bank shutdown then no bank should expect government intervention but if it's systemic then the Fed has the responsibility to step in and provide funding.

Kathianne
08-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Much ado in my opinion. It's just regulators, per Dodd-Frank, passing rules and ordering banks around based on the mistaken impression that the collapse was the fault of the banks and not government actions that were at the core of the meltdown IMO. If it's a one-off bank shutdown then no bank should expect government intervention but if it's systemic then the Fed has the responsibility to step in and provide funding.

I don't think so. Put together what's happening with Swiss banks, Libor? BofA already going to sell off 'non-performers,' no, think there is a lot of there, there.

gabosaurus
08-12-2012, 11:04 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H6EryDAnwFw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

fj1200
08-12-2012, 11:15 PM
I don't think so. Put together what's happening with Swiss banks, Libor? BofA already going to sell off 'non-performers,' no, think there is a lot of there, there.

It was required by D-F, what, two years ago? Coincidence IMO. People are pissed at banks and this is just something else to stir the pot.

Abbey Marie
08-13-2012, 02:25 PM
I'll miss you, Rev. Take care and come back soon!

gabosaurus
08-13-2012, 02:59 PM
I have often thought about stepping away. But too many people would enjoy that. :cool:

aboutime
08-13-2012, 03:01 PM
I have often thought about stepping away. But too many people would enjoy that. :cool:

No, we wouldn't enjoy that. I personally enjoy having someone here who makes it so easy to unintentionally create laughs.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-14-2012, 10:33 AM
No, we wouldn't enjoy that. I personally enjoy having someone here who makes it so easy to unintentionally create laughs.

I hope the Rev. returns soon to posting as I found his post very enlightening and well thought out. Not that I agreed always but even when I didnt agree I liked his posts! For me that's not a common thing because I am perhaps too often a hardazz on my opposition.. .-;)-Tyr

Drummond
08-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Look forward to seeing you return, whenever that turns out to be. Thus far, it's been interesting to debate with you.

tailfins
08-14-2012, 10:56 AM
I have been scarce lately as well. Every thing has lined up perfect for multiple road trips this summer. I have covered the entire east coast from Tampa to Newfoundland. I guess I could take up typing and driving for some added adventure. :laugh:

Drummond
08-14-2012, 08:19 PM

Good point.

For my part, every now and again I get treated to some line or other about how, today, Britain could've easily been conquered by Germany during WW II. Yep, no doubt about it, Gabby's just a bundle of mirth-tickling fun ...

... though it's been several DAYS since she last used the German line on me ! Gabby, sweetie, are you losing your touch ??? :fighting0044: