PDA

View Full Version : Disabled War Veteran forced to crawl!!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-11-2012, 02:45 PM
http://now.msn.com/disabled-vet-says-hotel-clerk-humiliated-him

Rude clerk makes disabled vet crawl down three flights of stairs
Staff Sgt. Chad Staples took a bullet protecting a wounded soldier during his second tour in Iraq. The Army Ranger, who was paralyzed by the shot, says he was humiliated earlier this week when a Texas Best Western employee mocked his disability. The elevator was out of service, so the wheelchair-bound Staples called the front desk to ask for help down from the third floor. Clerk Holly Oyerbides allegedly laughed at him, asking, "Are you serious?" Staples was forced to crawl down the stairs. Best Western apologized and refunded the cost of Staples' stay, but he says he wants Oyerbides fired. "No one should ever be in service who acts like that," he says.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the type of shat the lib/dems inspire with thier damn antiwar, antimilitary and anti-patriotism! That clerk should be fired and have tha' unholy hell beat out of her!
Pissed me off just reading about it!--Tyr

Noir
08-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Beating a woman, not a little too Muslim for your tastes?

As for the story, with the details provided in the OP it seems clear she should be sacked.

aboutime
08-11-2012, 03:41 PM
At least Best Western tried to remedy the situation right away.

Isn't it funny how that person at Best Western seems to be ignored for the treatment of the Vet. Yet, look at all the attention mere words got...for CHICK-FIL-A. And not one person was ignored, or laughed at this same way.

Disrespect, and Ignorance of the ME, and I generation is just normal these days.

Hopefully, some day. That employee of Best Western will vote for Obama...to keep the disrespect going.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-11-2012, 03:44 PM

I didnt state that she should be beaten by a man nor did I volunteer to do the deed genius. Pay attention to a little thing I like to call detail. I think she needs to have her sorry ass beat and there are plenty of women that could do the job. Now try not to jump the gun on me too often. I dont ignore such shat myself.

As for the story, with the details provided in the OP it seems clear she should be sacked.

At least we agree on that 100%...

Shadow
08-12-2012, 08:30 AM
This story makes no sense,other than that this bitch needs to be fired. Why would a clerk sit there and laugh at a diabled person for asking for help getting down stairs...when the elevator is out of service? I mean...she really had to ask/wonder if they were serious about their request? Huh? Apparently this woman was/is brain damaged.

Noir
08-12-2012, 08:39 AM

I didnt state that she should be beaten by a man nor did I volunteer to do the deed genius. Pay attention to a little thing I like to call detail. I think she needs to have her sorry ass beat and there are plenty of women that could do the job. Now try not to jump the gun on me too often. I dont ignore such shat myself.

Because I clearly stated in my post that I was talking about either a man (or you personally) beating the women...

Try not to jump the gun sir, and pay attention to a little thing you like to call detail ^,^

Neo
08-12-2012, 09:09 AM

Have to agree, spot on with both statements..

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Because I clearly stated in my post that I was talking about either a man (or you personally) beating the women...

Try not to jump the gun sir, and pay attention to a little thing you like to call detail ^,^

Are you truly that damn dense? If I say a man deserves to have his ass beat Im clearly not suggesting that some woman do the deed, same principle if I say a women should get her ass beat, I am not suggesting that a man do it.
My reply to you was exactly because I saw that your snarky little comment was implying that I was offering to do the deed myself! Smart as a box of rocks is no way to go through life dude and your snarky comment was made about me because of my position on Islam and its evils. Get used to it here, its not going to change from me because I do not abandone the TRUTH for popularity, convenience or out of fear.-Tyr

Noir
08-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Are you truly that damn dense? If I say a man deserves to have his ass beat Im clearly not suggesting that some woman do the deed, same principle if I say a women should get her ass beat, I am not suggesting that a man do it.
My reply to you was exactly because I saw that your snarky little comment was implying that I was offering to do the deed myself! Smart as a box of rocks is no way to go through life dude and your snarky comment was made about me because of my position on Islam and its evils. Get used to it here, its not going to change from me because I do not abandone the TRUTH for popularity, convenience or out of fear.-Tyr

Yes, truly that dense.
But if you're telling me you can't see the joy in you trying to call me out for non-stated inferences in my post about you, which required you to make non-stated inferences of my post about me, then ya need to take a look at what's inside your own lil box (:

and fair enough, you believe that physical violence is a reasonable response to someone being humiliated, or even...dishonoured, yes, this women should be beaten for the dishonour she showed, like a, ya know, an honour beating, wonder if it'll catch on.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Yes, truly that dense.

Such honesty becomes you do it more often and you'll prosper.-Tyr

and fair enough, you believe that physical violence is a reasonable response to someone being humiliated, or even...dishonoured, yes, this women should be beaten for the dishonour she showed, like a, ya know, an honour beating, wonder if it'll catch on.

Depends on the specifc incident for not all altercations call for violence, some clearly do IMHO.-Tyr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hell yes, I believe that people do things that they need a damn good ass stomping for!-Tyr

Noir
08-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Hell yes, I believe that people do things that they need a damn good ass stomping for!-Tyr

By 'things' you mean the like of which to dishonour a military man?

I assume you see the logic link between that kind of thinking, and justification by the likes of Islamists to beat women?

gabosaurus
08-12-2012, 11:55 AM
I saw this story this morning and was appalled. I called up a college friend of mine, who works for Choice Hotels, a competing chain.
He told me that customer service is the number one priority of any hotel, and that any employee acting in such a manner would be subject to immediate dismissal.
At the same time, proper procedure would have to be followed. Statements would have to be collected from both parties.
I was told that most hotels have a policy to call EMS if any customer is in distress. At the very least, a baggage cart should have been sent up.

My question is, why would any hotel put a disabled customer on an upper floor? Especially if elevators are out.
I am guessing that Best Western will sort this one out.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-12-2012, 12:11 PM

I assume you see the logic link between that kind of thinking, and justification by the likes of Islamists to beat women?

No, I mean like forcing a disabled man to crawl down flights of stairs! His being former military may have or may have not played a part in the clerk's stupid and dastardly actions IMHO.-Tyr

gabosaurus
08-12-2012, 12:15 PM
No, I mean like forcing a disabled man to crawl down flights of stairs! His being former military may have or may have not played a part in the clerk's stupid and dastardly actions IMHO.-Tyr

The man needed to wait for EMS to arrive. No disrespect intended, but any other course of action could have led to further injury.

Shadow
08-12-2012, 12:23 PM

Not really. When Tyr uses it...it is a figure of speech to show outrage. When muslims talk of beating women...it is related to something they actually practice in real life.

Apples and Oranges.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Not really. When Tyr uses it...it is a figure of speech to show outrage. When muslims talk of beating women...it is related to something they actually practice in real life.

Apples and Oranges.

TY, TRUE. Yes, I like many , use it as a figure of speech to show my outrage sometimes but also I use it to mean exactly what it says too. Depends entirely on the nature of the incident. I've never claimed to be a timid or gentle man. Noir likely knew the difference but wanted to jab me because of my anti-muslim stand. His lack of integrity is apparent to me in reading his posts. Using this TOPIC to hit back against my pointing out the barbaric nature and evils of Islam clearly points to that IMHO.-Tyr

Shadow
08-12-2012, 12:34 PM
TY, TRUE. Yes, I like many , use it as a figure of speech to show my outrage sometimes but also I use it to mean exactly what it says too. Depends entirely on the nature of the incident. I've never claimed to be a timid or gentle man. Noir likely knew the difference but wanted to jab me because of my anti-muslim stand. His lack of integrity is apparent to me in reading his posts. Using this TOPIC to hit back against my pointing out the barbaric nature and evils of Islam clearly points to that IMHO.-Tyr

I hadn't really been following along in that conversation much. Just seemd like an extreme comparison to me. :beer:

Noir
08-12-2012, 12:57 PM

Right, so can you clarify whether or not you were saying it as a 'figure of speech'?

aboutime
08-12-2012, 01:07 PM
As most of us can now see. Sadly. Some members here who's names need not be mentioned. Seem to have somewhat of a chip on their shoulder. Always seeming like a defensive posture, or being negative concerning almost every form of topic, or subject being discussed.

Reminder. As jimnyc would say. This is a PUBLIC FORUM, and chances are. Not every member is going to totally agree...all the time...with every other member.
If that is what the expectation is here. Finding perfection all the time. What would be the sense of having a forum in the first place?

Don't some of you ever get tired of always being so negative, or critical of others?

Just wondering where all of this Hostility will eventually lead?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-12-2012, 01:26 PM
I hadn't really been following along in that conversation much. Just seemd like an extreme comparison to me. :beer:

It was that and a bit more I believe.--:beer:-:beer:--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Right, so can you clarify whether or not you were saying it as a 'figure of speech'?

Make your own interpretation ,here is my post number ten to help you.-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message

vote traitor obama out!
Thanked 1,244 Times in 863 PostsMy Mood: Rep Power:256348
Originally Posted by Noir
Yes, truly that dense.
Depends on the specifc incident for not all altercations call for violence, some clearly do IMHO.-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-12-2012, 01:43 PM

My previous replies should indicate that enough IMHO.-Tyr

Originally Posted by Noir
Yes, truly that dense.

Originally posted by Noir

aboutime
08-12-2012, 01:49 PM

Noir. Why do you seem to demand that someone present a clarification as to whether they were using a 'figure of speech', or otherwise?

Nobody is responsible to you to explain anything. Just as you are not required to explain anything you might, or might not say here.
This is a forum. Not a COURT OF LAW where the answers may determine whether someone you disagree with, or agree with is permitted to carry on, or should be placed on some kind of Forum Prison...locked up, and never heard from again.
What the hell is wrong with everyone?
Why must everything be either BLACK or WHITE, with no shades of gray?
Is it any wonder, why a growing number of Americans no longer are capable of actually communicating with ONE-ANOTHER, face to face without hurling threats, or insults?
What would happen if suddenly...TOMORROW. Twitter, Facebook, All Email Programs, and The Internet just STOPPED operating?

What would all of us do? Being unable, or unwilling to actually communicate by making noises from our mouth?

The winners would all be members of the DEAF community. Signing as if nothing ever changed.

Noir
08-12-2012, 01:49 PM
so we have

That clerk should be fired and have tha' unholy hell beat out of her!

I think she needs to have her sorry ass beat

if I say a women should get her ass beat, I am not suggesting that a man do it.

Hell yes, I believe that people do things that they need a damn good ass stomping for!

So that seems pretty damn clear cut to me, and 'Aboutime' No, i will never tire of being critical of someone when they espouse violence, especially towards women. Tyr and I agree that the receptionist should be fired, but i take exception to his comments about physically abusing her, i do not apologise if thats 'too negative' for you.

Noir
08-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Noir. Why do you seem to demand that someone present a clarification as to whether they were using a 'figure of speech', or otherwise?

Nobody is responsible to you to explain anything. Just as you are not required to explain anything you might, or might not say here.
This is a forum. Not a COURT OF LAW where the answers may determine whether someone you disagree with, or agree with is permitted to carry on, or should be placed on some kind of Forum Prison...locked up, and never heard from again.
What the hell is wrong with everyone?
Why must everything be either BLACK or WHITE, with no shades of gray?
Is it any wonder, why a growing number of Americans no longer are capable of actually communicating with ONE-ANOTHER, face to face without hurling threats, or insults?
What would happen if suddenly...TOMORROW. Twitter, Facebook, All Email Programs, and The Internet just STOPPED operating?

What would all of us do? Being unable, or unwilling to actually communicate by making noises from our mouth?

The winners would all be members of the DEAF community. Signing as if nothing ever changed.

I was going to tell you, but you've convinced me not to ^,^

aboutime
08-12-2012, 01:56 PM
so we have

So that seems pretty damn clear cut to me, and 'Aboutime' No, i will never tire of being critical of someone when they espouse violence, especially towards women. Tyr and I agree that the receptionist should be fired, but i take exception to his comments about physically abusing her, i do not apologise if thats 'too negative' for you.

Noir. Show all of us. Any of us, where he said anything about physically abusing her.

You asked previously "Was it a figure of speech?"
Seeing as how we are still here, on a forum. Nowhere near that young woman who did that to the disabled veteran. And it would be impossible...through the use of TYPED WORDS on a screen, for ANY member to actually perform the aforementioned Physical Abuse you are whining about senselessly above.
What in the world is the big deal. Other than you proving. You are offended by something another member said either as 'A figure of speech', or whatever other way you care to describe it.
Finally. I didn't expect you would find any need to apologize since...nothing was stated that would require an apology.
In other places, at other times.
What I would call this would be...."Much ado about Nothing, Natta, Zilch, Zero" and you are the only one complaining.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-12-2012, 01:58 PM
so we have

I have no concern about what you take exception to. I make my comments without regard to fear or favor. You take offense, tough shat.. I cite when I think somebody needs a damn fine attitude adjustment and really do not give a damn who doesnt like it here or anywhere else for that matter!-Tyr

Noir
08-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Noir. Show all of us. Any of us, where he said anything about physically abusing her.

You asked previously "Was it a figure of speech?"
Seeing as how we are still here, on a forum. Nowhere near that young woman who did that to the disabled veteran. And it would be impossible...through the use of TYPED WORDS on a screen, for ANY member to actually perform the aforementioned Physical Abuse you are whining about senselessly above.
What in the world is the big deal. Other than you proving. You are offended by something another member said either as 'A figure of speech', or whatever other way you care to describe it.
Finally. I didn't expect you would find any need to apologize since...nothing was stated that would require an apology.
In other places, at other times.
What I would call this would be...."Much ado about Nothing, Natta, Zilch, Zero" and you are the only one complaining.

He said several times that he thinks she should be physically abused for what she did.

And you clearly have no idea what 'figure of speech' means, just because he can not get a woman to physically abuse the receptionist, does not mean that he is using a figure of speech.
To use a figure of speech would mean that even though he is saying he wants her beaten, he doesn't actually want her beaten.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-12-2012, 02:13 PM
He said several times that he thinks she should be physically abused for what she did.

And you clearly have no idea what 'figure of speech' means, just because he can not get a woman to physically abuse the receptionist, does not mean that he is using a figure of speech.
To use a figure of speech would mean that even though he is saying he wants her beaten, he doesn't actually want her beaten.

Well hell, if I knew that you were going to bitch and cry about it this damn much I would have included kicking her ass twice on Sundays just for good measure!-:laugh2:
Get your panties out yo' crack dude...:laugh:-Tyr

aboutime
08-12-2012, 02:19 PM

Noir. Here is what I think about your useless argument.

Read this carefully.

bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla.
And if you didn't understand that.

Try it again.....bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla.