PDA

View Full Version : The hottest new cars for 2013

Shadow
08-12-2012, 10:52 AM
I have actually seen some of the Mini Clubvans on the road. They are much better looking than the Coopers IMO. Anyway...here you go guys...incase you are interested.

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************************

If you’re one of the many thousands of motorists who plan on returning to new-car dealerships in the coming months to renew your rides you might be confronted with an assortment of never-before seen cars with what are unfamiliar nameplates. The auto business has undergone dramatic changes over the last few years, and if you haven’t gone car shopping since before the economy crashed you’ll find it to be the proverbial brave new world.

As they say, you can’t tell the players without a scorecard, so we’ve compiled a slideshow that highlights the 10 hottest models that are brand-new for the 2013 model year and which fresh elements each brings to the market. So let’s get ready to meet the freshman class of 2013.

For starters, you’ll find a lot more small cars on showroom floors these days, many of which offer amenities like heated seats and advanced data connectivity features that were likely limited to luxury cars the last time you looked. Buyers are embracing the latest round of compact and subcompact cars with a passion these days, from empty nesters looking to downsize their rides but maintain desired levels of comfort and conveniences to younger motorists looking to minimize their carbon footprints and budget-conscious buyers looking for a lower sticker price and higher fuel economy.

Pictures and more information at link.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/the-hottest-new-cars-for-2013.html

aboutime
08-12-2012, 02:06 PM
I'm still trying to understand the so-called reasoning behind the explanation someone had in naming those "SMART CARS", when the first thing I think of...when I see one. Always reminds me to wonder how they expect the driver of any SMART CAR to survive a collision with an 18 Wheeler doing 70 miles an hour, weighing 20 or 30 tons.
And the Mini Cooper?
Need I say more?

fj1200
08-12-2012, 09:24 PM
... survive a collision with an 18 Wheeler doing 70 miles an hour, weighing 20 or 30 tons.

About the same as any car that doesn't way 30 tons...