PDA

View Full Version : International Lefthander day August 13th!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-13-2012, 05:50 PM
http://www.holidayinsights.com/other/lefthand.htm

Left Hander's Day

When: Always on August 13th

If you are a Leftie, Then Left Handers Day is just for you!

Left Handers, also commonly referred to as Southpaws, are the brunt of more than their share of jokes all year long. How do I know? Yup, you guessed it! It ain't easy being a leftie. But those of us who are, would have it no other way. Lefties are proud of it.

The world is built for right handers. Examples are everywhere. For example:

In school, have you ever seen a left handed desk? They don't exist.
Many left handed items cost more.
Novelty coffee mugs are made with the picture or text for a right handed pick-up.
Scissors for for right handers. Only a lefty would understand this.
The computer mouse you are using as you read this is designed for right handers.
Did you Know? Right handed people operate in the left side of the brain. Left handed people use the right side. Therefore, only left handed people are in their right mind.

Left Hander's certainly earned the right to have a day dedicated to them. And, August 13th is that day. So take a minute to appreciate your left handed friends and loved ones. Don't forget to send them a Left Handed Day Ecard to show your respect.

Remember today and every day: "Lefties have rights!"

As lefthanders, we never do anything right....kewl!

Left Handed Facts and Trivia:

Sinistrophobia is the fear of left-handedness or things on the left side.
While many people are left handed, very few are 100% left handed. For example, many Left handers golf and bat right handed. On the other hand, there is a high percentage of righties who are 100% right-handed.
Lefties are also called "southpaws". The term was coined in baseball to describe a left handed pitcher.
Tuesdays are Lefties luck day.
Only about 10% of the population is left handed.
During the 1600's people, thought left handers were witches and warlocks.
International Left Hander's Day was first celebrated on August 13, 1976. It was started by Lefthander's International.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being lefhanded has a few advantages, in fighting its hard to defend against a good lefthander.
Todays is Lefhander Day and also my wife's birthday. -Tyr

aboutime
08-13-2012, 05:53 PM
But, as the record will show. Not all Left Handed people are LEFTIES like Obama.

Liberals, Democrats, Progressives give an entirely different meaning to the word LEFT.

fj1200
08-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Another sinister plot masterminded by Soros and being carried out by BO. Agenda 813 will rule the day and destroy the Constitution from within. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Abbey Marie
08-16-2012, 11:16 AM
I love being left handed. Except when I open doors, use scissors, use a notebook, etc., etc.
I once owned a left-handed notebook. So much easier. I finally knew how easy it was for all you righties to take notes.

Then there are those left-handed monkey wrenches. :laugh2:

aboutime
08-16-2012, 12:54 PM
I love being left handed. Except when I open doors, use scissors, use a notebook, etc., etc.
I once owned a left-handed notebook. So much easier. I finally knew how easy it was for all you righties to take notes.

Then there are those left-handed monkey wrenches. :laugh2:

Abbey. That was always a favorite...left handed monkey wrench...even when I was growing up. And it reminded me. When I was learning to drive back in the early sixties. My uncle had a Desoto he allowed me to drive, and the KEY to start the engine...with a Button, was on the LEFT side of the steering wheel.
For some reason, after all of these years. The Auto makers have always placed the Key slot on the Right UNLESS, but I'm not sure. You happen to be in most nations in Europe where they Drive on the Opposite sides of the street from here in the USA. Then, someone can tell us whether the key slots are on the Left.