PDA

View Full Version : Stars Earn Stripes

SassyLady
08-14-2012, 12:43 AM
Did anyone see this show tonight? Eight celebrities/athletes match up with various members of military and first responders to compete for various charities. They go on missions using real military equipment with live fire.

I was impressed with all the celebrities, but when Todd Palin outdid the two military guys on his squad, and the other military members called him a freaking Rambo, and forget calling Chuck Norris ... call Todd..... he was awesome!

Anyone remember Peekaboo Street? She was on there. And Mohammed Ali's daughter, the boxer. The host is General Wesley Clarke.

Voted4Reagan
08-14-2012, 05:47 AM
Todd Palin is an expert Big Game Hunter and Avid Outdoors-man. He is knowledgeable in Survival techniques and is in excellent shape physically...

I'm not surprised he did well

SassyLady
08-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Todd Palin is an expert Big Game Hunter and Avid Outdoors-man. He is knowledgeable in Survival techniques and is in excellent shape physically...

I'm not surprised he did well

I'm not surprised that he did well....I am surprised at how much the military people were surprised! He crawled through the mud under barbwire and left them at the starting line. I guess walking in the mud was like walking in the snow, or the mud when they are fishing and picking up their nets. Whatever, I was impressed. In fact, I was pretty impressed with all the celebrities ... they did way better than I expected.

Abbey Marie
08-14-2012, 05:34 PM
We recorded it, but haven't had a chance to see it yet.

gabosaurus
08-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Haven't seen this program nor do I know much about it. But I enjoyed this anonymous military vet response, as posted on failblog.org

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/epic-fail-photos-failbook-use-the-kids-from-toddlers-and-tiaras-and-weve-got-a-hit1.png

jimnyc
08-21-2012, 08:29 AM
^^ Of course neither you or the gent posting on FB are touching upon the show at all. The things being done are more of a training camp of sorts. Tis cool though, as even when the ignorant talk about the show it only serves to get the word out more and more.

Abbey Marie
08-21-2012, 01:47 PM
We watched the first episode last night. I thought it was a fun show. I guess having big muscles doesn't mean you can swim with gear on. I was impressed with how impressed the SEALs, etc., were with Palin.

SassyLady
08-22-2012, 12:34 AM
Watched second episode last night ... still impressed with what these people are doing and the fact that the money they win goes to military/first responder charities. So far, the first two to go are men ... the three women are still there. Peekaboo Street surprises me.