PDA

View Full Version : McLobster disappointment

tailfins
08-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Here is the commercial for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Usq7vI8y90

I tried this on a road trip last week.
They use small lobsters, the bun is small and you don't get much lobster. I wonder if they use lobsters rejected by mom and pop eateries.

Missileman
08-14-2012, 06:17 PM
If you want a real lobsta roll, go to Maine...ayuh.

cadet
08-14-2012, 08:31 PM
I'd just like to point out the difference between their real and fake sandwiches.

Imagine what this nasty lobster really looks like :puke:

tailfins
08-15-2012, 08:39 AM
If you want a real lobsta roll, go to Maine...ayuh.

I drove 300 miles through Maine on the way to Cape Breton. I didn't want to pack a sack lunch to get in the dinner line. Going 20 MPH between Kittery and Portland was bad enough.

fj1200
08-15-2012, 08:58 AM

My only disappointment is that you seem to have had high expectations for it. :slap:

jafar00
08-15-2012, 11:34 AM
I'd just like to point out the difference between their real and fake sandwiches.

Imagine what this nasty lobster really looks like :puke:

It takes hours for them to take a picture of a burger. They do make them with the same restaurant ingredients, but they are arranged very carefully. Even the sauce sauce is syringed on carefully. The sad looking thing slapped together by 16 year olds on minimum wage is not likely to look anything near what it looks like in the promos.

Lobster burger or not, you wouldn't find me going into McDonalds anyway. The stuff is toxic. My friend has a dog that won't go near it.

tailfins
08-15-2012, 12:32 PM
My only disappointment is that you seem to have had high expectations for it. :slap:

I guess I was spoiled by this place:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g1523026-d1523028-Reviews-The_Rusty_Anchor-Pleasant_Bay_Cape_Breton_Island_Nova_Scotia.html

Family of four, two hot locally caught FRESH large lobster dinners, two kids meals with tip about $80.

fj1200
08-15-2012, 12:48 PM
I guess I was spoiled by this place:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g1523026-d1523028-Reviews-The_Rusty_Anchor-Pleasant_Bay_Cape_Breton_Island_Nova_Scotia.html

Understandable. It looks like one of those good-food, hole-in-the-wall type of places. We used to vacation to RI every year to see my mom's family but I never caught the taste for seafood, except for canned tuna ironically enough.

logroller
08-15-2012, 01:26 PM
I guess I was spoiled by this place:... about $80.
That's McPricey :lol:

gabosaurus
08-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Are we really discussing a menu item at McDonald's?
I would hope you people could afford real food. :cool:

Voted4Reagan
08-15-2012, 03:05 PM

Maybe you should go eat a CHICK-FIL-A.... and wash down your elitist little attitude with a healthy swig of STFU!!

Who are you to judge what people eat?

tailfins
08-15-2012, 03:55 PM

I'll give anybody a chance. I listen to you, don't I? It has nothing to do with affording. I afforded this:
Put a family of four in a cabin and a vehicle in the shopping cart round trip from North Sydney, Nova Scotia to Argentia, Newfoundland at the below link:
http://www.marine-atlantic.ca/index.asp

gabosaurus
08-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Maybe you should go eat a CHICK-FIL-A.... and wash down your elitist little attitude with a healthy swig of STFU!!

Who are you to judge what people eat?

I've eaten at Chick-Fil-A before. It is pretty disgusting stuff. More breading than chicken. And a fairly small serving for what you pay for the sandwich.

I am opposed to fast food in general. I prefer freshly cooked food that is not fried.
My daughter is not allowed to eat at fast food places. Because I am an elitist, overbearing mother.

tailfins
08-15-2012, 04:07 PM
My daughter is not allowed to eat at fast food places. Because I am an elitist, overbearing mother.

I eat fast food occasionally. I prefer veal and foie gras. It IS possible to eat elitist food and annoy liberals at the same time.

gabosaurus
08-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Do you know what foie gras is? That fact alone is why I don't eat it.

I am not a foodie or a wine snob. And I do eat some fat food. I like the BBQ Chicken sandwich at Carl's Jr. But I would prefer to go to a restaurant.

Fast food is an excuse for parents not to cook meals for their kids. I cook pretty much every week night. Weekends we normally go out.
I don't allow my husband in the kitchen. He could blow up the house trying to warm up a Pop Tart. ;)

Shadow
08-16-2012, 02:34 AM
Here is the commercial for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Usq7vI8y90

They use small lobsters, the bun is small and you don't get much lobster. I wonder if they use lobsters rejected by mom and pop eateries.

First I have ever heard of this. Quiznos was selling Lobster Subs (made with langostinos I think) for a brief time this summer. Tried that. It was not too bad...kinda pricey though. Also offered them in a seafood salad.

Do you know what foie gras is? That fact alone is why I don't eat it.

I am not a foodie or a wine snob. And I do eat some fat food. I like the BBQ Chicken sandwich at Carl's Jr. But I would prefer to go to a restaurant.

Fast food is an excuse for parents not to cook meals for their kids. I cook pretty much every week night. Weekends we normally go out.
I don't allow my husband in the kitchen. He could blow up the house trying to warm up a Pop Tart. ;)

Don't know how some parents could afford to constantly eat out....it aint cheap. Even fast food costs a small fortune. Sometimes it's even cheaper to just go to a regular restaurant. We will go out once or twice on the weekends usually. The rest of the week I cook in also. I have trained my youngest daughter that she can cook if she wants somthing inparticular for dinner. Sometimes she will cook for us. She makes a damn good greek chicken...pretty good porcupine meatballs too actually. Now... if I can just get her to clean up her mess in the kitchen afterward. :thumb: