PDA

View Full Version : Muslims riot in Northern France

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-14-2012, 08:36 PM
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/08/french_riots_in_amiens_by_unknown_youths.html

I understand the sensitivity about naming Muslims as the culprits in some serious riots that broke out in the northern city of Amiens in France last night. Blaming a group with little proof would only worsen the situation.

But who lives in the area where the riots occurred? These are the suburbs of France where immigrants - many of North African origin -- live outside the mainstream of French political and cultural life. Economically depressed with little opportunity to escape, the massive number of young people with no prospects and little hope hate the police and government and can start a riot for no reason.

A thumbnail of the suburbs from CSM:

The suburb residents are mostly Arab or African, often Muslim and poor. One-third live below the poverty line. Some are immigrants, but increasingly they are second- and third-generation immigrants, descended from guest workers who arrived in the 1960s and '70s.

Thirty-nine per*cent of the residents are under age 25, and youth unemployment tops 40 percent (compared with 20 percent and 22 percent, respectively, nationwide).

There is little doubt that Muslim youth were at least part of the riot last night in Amiens.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/08/french_riots_in_amiens_by_unknown_youths.html#ixzz 23Zg80R1D

They know that they can win when those they oppose are too damn scared to name them even! We have this same idiotic fear here in our country. It makes me sick, freaking cowardly sheep!-Tyr

jafar00
08-15-2012, 02:40 AM
BS. Amiens is overwhelmingly populated by working class Catholics. If you want to find North African immigrants, you need to look in Saint Denis, Argenteuil, Bezons......

BTW I lived for 5 years in Sartrouville, NW Paris. Also a low income area full of immigrants from Africa, and Eastern Europe.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-15-2012, 04:25 PM
BS. Amiens is overwhelmingly populated by working class Catholics. If you want to find North African immigrants, you need to look in Saint Denis, Argenteuil, Bezons......

BTW I lived for 5 years in Sartrouville, NW Paris. Also a low income area full of immigrants from Africa, and Eastern Europe.

Sure and all that other rioting/car burning in the past was not muslims was it? Do you know how unreal you sound at times? Go ahead ,swim in the water here because the crocs will not bite! That kind of crazy...Tyr

Kathianne
08-15-2012, 05:44 PM

You are probably correct about the overwhelming number of Catholics. However, this was about 100 'youths' from ghettos, not likely 'working class.' I don't blame them for being angry, but this is not how to handle the unfairness:

http://www.newzglobe.com/article/20120815/french-city-amiens-flames-native-arab-youth-revolt

aboutime
08-15-2012, 05:58 PM

jafar. You are a graduate of the Obama School of Excuses, aren't you? Defending, and trying to explain, or twist something into what you need it to be. Rather than lowering yourself into any kind of agreement here is just Typical Liberalism in defense of those you just barely managed to defend.

jafar00
08-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Sure and all that other rioting/car burning in the past was not muslims was it? Do you know how unreal you sound at times? Go ahead ,swim in the water here because the crocs will not bite! That kind of crazy...Tyr

The only time cars were burned in my neighbourhood, it was done by white French nationals just out of the pub after a hard night's drinking. Not even by 2nd generation immigrants although there are some 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants who do cause trouble in their own ghettos. This is the same as you will get in any area filled with the less fortunate who integrate well into western society by forming gangs, dealing drugs etc....

jafar. You are a graduate of the Obama School of Excuses, aren't you? Defending, and trying to explain, or twist something into what you need it to be. Rather than lowering yourself into any kind of agreement here is just Typical Liberalism in defense of those you just barely managed to defend.

Sorry if the facts on the ground left your argument high and dry until all you are left with is to just call my argument excuses.