PDA

View Full Version : False reports of Margaret Thatcher's death today...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-14-2012, 08:47 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/iron-lady-lives-bogus-twitter-account-falsely-reports-margaret-thatcher-dead-article-1.1136345

World The ‘Iron Lady’ lives! Bogus Twitter account falsely reports Margaret Thatcher dead
Former British Prime Minister victim of Internet tomfoolery for second time.
By Christine Roberts / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 6:13 PM
.. Facebook
Twitter
StumbleUpon
Tumblr
Email

Print Facebook

Twitter

StumbleUpon

Tumblr

Email

Print.Comment...

Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
The Iron Lady has fallen victim to yet another internet death hoax.

A Twitter account dubbed @OfficialSkyNews falsely tweeted Tuesday that former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher had died, setting the micro-blogging site ablaze with momentary confusion as users waited for verification of the news.

The account, which had over 30,000 followers and only 10 tweets at the time of its message, had no ties to Sky News.

But the short-lived hoax fooled several Twitter users, including ABC News' senior White House Correspondent Jake Tapper.

"WHOOPS fake account apologies. deleting." Tapper later tweeted.

@producerMatthew via Twitter
The false Sky News account tweeted that Margaret Thatcher had died on August 14, 2012..

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/iron-lady-lives-bogus-twitter-account-falsely-reports-margaret-thatcher-dead-article-1.1136345#ixzz23Zir4g5P

Fooled Hannity today too. Idiots also came out planning street parties upon her death. Goes to show the true character of her critics, our conservative critics, freaking scum..-Tyr

Drummond
08-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Fooled Hannity today too. Idiots also came out planning street parties upon her death. Goes to show the true character of her critics, our conservative critics, freaking scum..-Tyr

Yes -- very well said, Tyr. SCUM indeed.

In a highly perverse sort of way, though, it's also its own version of tribute. Consider .. Margaret Thatcher ceased to be our Prime Minister in the early Nineties. But, so very effective was she in putting Leftie militant trash in its place, that their hatred has burned white-hot within them for DECADES. Still, they have that need to get back at her ... and that, today, she's a relatively frail lady in not the best of health, this makes no difference to them.

We are so VERY much better than our opposition, Tyr !

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Yes -- very well said, Tyr. SCUM indeed.

In a highly perverse sort of way, though, it's also its own version of tribute. Consider .. Margaret Thatcher ceased to be our Prime Minister in the early Nineties. But, so very effective was she in putting Leftie militant trash in its place, that their hatred has burned white-hot within them for DECADES. Still, they have that need to get back at her ... and that, today, she's a relatively frail lady in not the best of health, this makes no difference to them.

I can only imagine what those scum would say today if Winston Churchill were still alive! Truly slimeballs that havent an ounce of decency in them. A damn shame that Britain has let itself in for this. Leftists and Islamists teaming up to destroy what is right and good.-Tyr

Anton Chigurh
08-14-2012, 10:11 PM
Thatcher didn't die.... But Arnold Horshack did...:salute:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Thatcher didn't die.... But Arnold Horshack did...:salute:

Welcome Back Kotter, I loved that show, Gabe Kaplan was great. He is a very good Texsas Hold 'em player too.
That slim chick that played his wife on that show was very nice! I can still remember that show's theme song same as I can Rawhide ,Gunsmoke and Bonanza.-Tyr

Noir
08-15-2012, 05:03 AM
10 posts ever from the official sky news twitter should if been a bit if a giveaway xD

Duly noted, maybe on day I'll aspire to such highs as that of yourself...

logroller
08-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Tomfoolery indeed; atleast they didn't report that someone was breaking into her house.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-15-2012, 12:36 PM
10 posts ever from the official sky news twitter should if been a bit if a giveaway xD

Duly noted, maybe on day I'll aspire to such highs as that of yourself...

Your use of the word--maybe-- says so much. You would do well to aspire to be more like my friend Drummond but its obvious that your post was a sarcastic one. By my thinking you'd need a helicopter to reach those heights but miracles do happen.. Got a friend that flies choppers, do ya?-:laugh2:--Tyr

Noir
08-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Your use of the word--maybe-- says so much. You would do well to aspire to be more like my friend Drummond but its obvious that your post was a sarcastic one. By my thinking you'd need a helicopter to reach those heights but miracles do happen.. Got a friend that flies choppers, do ya?-:laugh2:--Tyr

Nope, no choppers, I guess I'll just have to content myself with not being so VERY much better than other people ^,^

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Nope, no choppers, I guess I'll just have to content myself with not being so VERY much better than other people ^,^

Well lack of ambition is often why the skidrow bum isnt living in a nice home raising a fine family..Setting the bar so comfortably low may bring you contentment but not likely very much success or respect from others that admire at least a decent level of responsibility and effort to improve ones life.. Go for it, it's your life to do as you wish.
I fully understand your fear of trying to ever reach that level.-;)-Tyr