PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Youth vote turning away from Obama, Democrats

Little-Acorn
08-15-2012, 02:22 PM
This is hardly a surprise.

A lot of the 18-24 year old voters from 2008, that swooned and cheered and cried in overwrought ecstasy over the former "Hope and Change" candidate back then, are starting to realize that they are still living in their parents' homes, unable to get any kind of start in the miserable and uncertain economy that has gotten no better in nearly four years of Obama's presidency.

And more and more of them are starting to feel that, with the election of more and more stop-the-wild-spending TEA Party candidates, the Republican party might finally be changing its old Bush-era ways, and finally be the one to back, to straighten things out.

More and more, people who backed Obama in 2008, are turning away from him in 2012.

----------------------------------------

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/08/15/poll-is-the-youth-vote-slowly-turning-to-romney/

Poll: Is the youth vote slowly turning to Romney?
posted at 1:21 pm on August 15, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Yesterday, I wondered whether the almost 17 percent youth unemployment rate would do anything to check the type of overwhelming support President Obama received from young people in 2008. Apparently, there’s ‘hope’ for us young people yet — Obama received a whopping 66 percent of the youth vote the first time around, and while he still has the lead over Romney, that level of support is slipping pretty drastically. From the Wash Examiner:

Pollster John Zogby of JZ Analytics told Secrets Tuesday that Romney received 41 percent in his weekend poll of 1,117 likely voters, for the first time crossing the 40 percent mark. What’s more, he said that Romney is the only Republican of those who competed in the primaries to score so high among 18-29 year olds.

“This is the first time I am seeing Romney’s numbers this high among 18-29 year olds,” said Zogby. “This could be trouble for Obama who needs every young voter he can get.” …

In his latest poll, Obama receives just 49 percent of the youth vote when pitted against Romney, who received 41 percent.

Yup — it lookin’ more and more like the youths are increasingly disillusioned with the poor results of President Obama’s policies....

gabosaurus
08-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Why am I not surprised that a right wing blog believes the youth vote is shifting away from Obama? :rolleyes:

In actuality, the under 25 voting bloc favors Obama now more than four years ago. The biggest problem for Obama is that younger voters feel more apathetic now than in recent memory. Last story I saw stated that more than two-thirds of younger voters polled stated that they don't feel compelled to choose either candidate. Which would have work in Romney's favor.

Little-Acorn
08-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Why am I not surprised that a right wing blog believes the youth vote is shifting away from Obama?
Now John Zogby is a "right wing blog"?

(Note: Zogby is a registered Democrat.)

Does poor little gabby EVER stop lying and making things up to defend (or at least excuse) her failed ideology?

In actuality, the under 25 voting bloc favors Obama now more than four years ago.
"Romney saw a bump in support among 18-29 year olds with 41 percent saying they would vote for the ticket of Romney and Ryan," said Zogby.

Added the pollsters: "If numbers like this hold, this could spell real trouble for the president who won with 66 percent of 18-29 year olds in 2008."

Right as usual, little gabby. :D

Voted4Reagan
08-15-2012, 03:09 PM
Why am I not surprised that a right wing blog believes the youth vote is shifting away from Obama? :rolleyes:

In actuality, the under 25 voting bloc favors Obama now more than four years ago. The biggest problem for Obama is that younger voters feel more apathetic now than in recent memory. Last story I saw stated that more than two-thirds of younger voters polled stated that they don't feel compelled to choose either candidate. Which would have work in Romney's favor.

Why dont you provide us a source for your claim that they support him MORE today than in 2008....

Or did you not learn in school that you should be able to provide the reference material used?

A Bibliography......

LINK PLEASE?

Trigg
08-15-2012, 03:20 PM

I don't know that they favor him more, but they are certainly apathetic.

They were not and are not a reliable voting bloc anyway so any disillutionment on their part will keep the numbers at home come election day. Which is bad news for obama since he's going to need all the youth and black vote he can muster in order to win again.

I see the black vote going strong for obama, but again, the apathy is going to keep them from voting.

There just isn't the excitement that there was 4 years ago.

gabosaurus
08-15-2012, 03:42 PM
DUH... Even the Mooney Times acknowledges that Romney did not get a boost from adding Ryan to his ticket.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/aug/15/gallup-no-immediate-ryan-bounce-romney/

Little-Acorn
08-15-2012, 03:49 PM
DUH... Even the Mooney Times acknowledges that Romney did not get a boost from adding Ryan to his ticket.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/aug/15/gallup-no-immediate-ryan-bounce-romney/

Notice how quickly poor little gabby changes the subject when she's been proven wrong (again) or asked for evidence?

gabosaurus
08-15-2012, 03:51 PM
I knew I had read this someplace. But I read a lot of things and am too blonde to keep up with everything I read.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhendrickson/2012/08/09/young-voters-pay-a-high-price-for-being-attracted-to-president-obamas-coolness/