PDA

View Full Version : Store owner shuts the door on Vice President Biden

Little-Acorn
08-16-2012, 02:52 PM
They blew it.

They should have let Biden in, gotten all the hoopla going, started a great photo-op. And then when the cameras were all rolling, unveiled a big sign saying "Yes, Mr. President, I did build that. Nobody else made it happen."

Of course, if they had, the campaign would have simply tossed the videotape in the trash when they got back to Washington, and gone on to someplace more cooperative. So maybe this guy did handle it right after all.

I wonder how many videotapes the Obama/Biden campaign has already thrown out?

---------------------------------------------

http://nation.foxnews.com/obama-vs-business/2012/08/16/furious-over-you-didn-t-build-small-biz-owner-shuts-store-door-biden

Furious Over ‘You Didn’t Build That,’ Small Biz Owner Shuts Store Door on Biden

By Orlando Salinas
WDBJ7 New River Valley Reporter

Would you say no to the Vice President?

One New River Valley business owner turned Vice President Joe Biden down.

This might happen more than you think from both political parties, most businesses just don't talk about it. The owner of "Crumb and Get It" - did.

Chris McMurray's bakery has been open only since May, barely three months. Wednesday morning, advance teams for Vice President Joe Biden walked in. "I approached her she said Joe Biden is coming to town today," McMurray said. "Crumb and Get It" is a mom and pop store. Literally. Chris and his wife Kelly run the place and need all the business they can get.

McMurray said the Vice President's entourage got to the point and made its pitch. "She said they have selected 'Crumb and Get It" to be his stop on his way to Blacksburg and was wondering if that was ok."

Here's the part that might make other business owners crazy. "This is an opportunity of a lifetime but essentially I said 'No offense to you or the campaign but I just decline you guys coming in here. At that time she said 'Are you sure? There's going to be a lot of press, a lot of activity,’" McMurray said.

Why in the world would a new business owner say "no" to a photo op with the Vice President of the United States?

McMurray said it was President Obama's recent remarks about small business and who built what. "Very simply, ‘you didn't build that’” McMurray said. “Speaking of small businesses and entrepreneurs all across this country and actually last night my wife was up all night. No sleep, she's worked a full 24 hours."

aboutime
08-16-2012, 02:58 PM
This begs the question.

Did anyone tell Joe he was there?

Was Joe even sure what state, out of the Obama 57 he was in?

Abbey Marie
08-16-2012, 03:03 PM
I hope this guy is ready for an IRS audit.

KitchenKitten99
08-16-2012, 03:27 PM
I would not allow them in my shop either. Obama and Biden are the kiss of death for any business they touch.

Although I would absolutely LOVE to say that to their face(s).

Maybe instead agree to the meeting... then meet them just outside the doors of my shop while on camera (but have my friends film it too) and then tell whichever one was there to their face that they are not welcome, are bad karma for any business they touch, and to leave and never come back.

I know their camera people would toss the video but we would still have our own of verbally smacking down Mr. Prez.

Or...be like Joe the Plumber and first question Obama or Biden (preferably Biden...his responses are far more detrimental to their campaign) on why the government made more of my business than we 'took home' last year, let him put his foot in his mouth, tell him bluntly he's an idiot that knows nothing about running a business, he's bad karma, then deny him entry.

So many strategies and ways to have fun with it... ;)

Noir
08-16-2012, 03:38 PM
I hope this guy is ready for an IRS audit.

That's the least of his worries, no doubt the black Panthers are drawing up battle plans as we speak, so he may make sure his store is well insured ^,^

Little-Acorn
08-16-2012, 06:11 PM
That's the least of his worries, no doubt the black Panthers are drawing up battle plans as we speak, so he may make sure his store is well insured ^,^

Does the Castle Doctrine apply to stores in Pennsylvania?