PDA

View Full Version : Obama: I Don't Think Anyone Would Suggest I've Tried To Divide The Country

jimnyc
08-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Does he really believe people will listen to this crap? Does he really believe that if he points out the positive things he has done, and outright ignores all of the negative crap, that no one will notice? The rhetoric and attacks from his administration towards this campaign have been one of the worst I've seen in my lifetime. That's EXACTLY what Obama and the Democrats as a whole have been trying to do, is create division in America. I suppose this is him being "transparent" as he promised.

"We're going around the country, talking about, ‘How do we put people back to work? How do we improve our schools? How do we make sure that we're producing American energy? How do we lower our debt in a responsible way?' And I don't think you or anybody who's been watching the campaign would say that in any way we have tried to divide the country. We've always tried to bring the country together," President Obama said in an interview with Entertainment Tonight.

Video provided at the link - http://realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/08/15/obama_i_dont_think_anyone_would_suggest_ive_tried_ to_divide_the_country.html

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Does he really believe people will listen to this crap? Does he really believe that if he points out the positive things he has done, and outright ignores all of the negative crap, that no one will notice? The rhetoric and attacks from his administration towards this campaign have been one of the worst I've seen in my lifetime. That's EXACTLY what Obama and the Democrats as a whole have been trying to do, is create division in America. I suppose this is him being "transparent" as he promised.

Video provided at the link - http://realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/08/15/obama_i_dont_think_anyone_would_suggest_ive_tried_ to_divide_the_country.html

Divide and destroy. Obama has done both. And not by mistake!! If we send his sorry azz packing he'll get protection for another 8 to 10 years and then the truth may come out about him and his handlers. That is if we survive long enough to read about it.-Tyr

fj1200
08-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Does he really believe people will listen to this crap?

President Obama said in an interview with Entertainment Tonight.

The answer was right in front of you the whole time. :slap:

aboutime
08-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Obama: I Don't Think Anyone Would Suggest I've Tried To Divide The Country (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?36567-Obama-I-Don-t-Think-Anyone-Would-Suggest-I-ve-Tried-To-Divide-The-Country)

Darn tootin'. Taken in proper context. Obama was absolutely correct. We all know. He didn't TRY to divide the country. No TRY involved when he has SUCCESSFULLY DONE SO. That's Not TRYING. It is Taking Place, thanks to Him and the Dummy Dems.

DragonStryk72
08-18-2012, 08:21 AM

He forgot "How Romney is a wife killing asshole who will destroy everything you hold dear if you vote for him instead of me?"

Now to be fair, the Republicans widen the gap themselves, as evidenced by Romney himself, flipping on major issues to be the "prototypical" republican candidate this year, to the point that 2010 Romney could hold a debate with 2012 Romney. Like I've said, the issue most used for this right now is gay marriage. Both Romney and Obama performed total 180s on their previously held beliefs on this subject this year, within a couple weeks of each other. To say that only one side is doing is just disingenuous.

Even the selection of Ryan for VP was a move to mollify the hard-line conservatives that were feeling as though Romney wasn't consevative enough. The two parties have been pulling a divide the base strategy for several years now, and it seems to have been getting worse with each election cycle. It basically started when Al Gore tried to hold Bush to a DUI he got 25 years ago just before the election, a plan that backfired on him, and it's ramped up each year. The Dems may have started the fire, but the Republicans have returned that fire themselves and pushed it further.