PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Pizza

5stringJeff
05-24-2007, 04:37 PM
It was close... really close... but thankfully, I read the label before making a potentially fatal mistake. See the bottom right corner:

Nienna
05-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Good thing you're a left-brainer, Jeff, and you know what to do with instructions. :)

shattered
05-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Look at all those carbs!

5stringJeff
05-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Good thing you're a left-brainer, Jeff, and you know what to do with instructions. :)

:D

KitchenKitten99
05-24-2007, 06:13 PM
my hairdryer's label says 'do not use while sleeping'.

Gaffer
05-24-2007, 07:58 PM
The warning labels are there because.....somebody did it.

dan
05-25-2007, 08:21 AM
I have to admit, I once cooked a DiGorno pizza without taking the cardboard off the bottom by mistake. Needless to say, the top was tasty, and the bottom was mush.

5stringJeff
05-25-2007, 11:13 AM
I have to admit, I once cooked a DiGorno pizza without taking the cardboard off the bottom by mistake. Needless to say, the top was tasty, and the bottom was mush.

:laugh2: Did you realize your mistake after the first bite or two?

dan
05-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Believe it or not, I actually cut through the cardboard and it wasn't until I was putting the pizza on my plate that I felt the cardboard underneath!

jackass
05-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Believe it or not, I actually cut through the cardboard and it wasn't until I was putting the pizza on my plate that I felt the cardboard underneath!

Wow...I HAVE to rep you for making me laugh so hard!!

KarlMarx
05-25-2007, 01:38 PM
It was close... really close... but thankfully, I read the label before making a potentially fatal mistake. See the bottom right corner:
What do you mean, "thankfully"? If you had eaten the pizza without cooking it, you would have gotten sick, then you could sue the company for all it was worth! You'd then be on EASY STREET!

You'd be able to quit your job, and you could have been a man of leisure!

That's what makes this country great! It's a land of opportunity! The opportunity to sue the pants off of deep pocket manufacturers and big corporations!

Oh well, better luck next time! Take my advice, will you? Don't read warnings on labels! You simply can't afford it!

Nienna
05-25-2007, 01:53 PM

Once, when I was making a Black Forest dessert, I forgot to take the parchment paper off the chocolate layer before adding the cherry layer. It was very chewy. :)

lily
05-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Well, now I know what excuse I'm going to use when my husband says this tastes like cardboard!

Mr. P
05-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Once my wife brought home a deli cooked chicken from the store, in a deli bag to keep it warm.

She read the re-heat instructions and put it in the oven.

That was the first and only time I have had to use the kitchen fire extinguisher! Wreaked the chicken made a hell of a mess in the oven. :laugh2:

Yup she put the bag and all in! She's BLONDE! :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
05-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Well, now I know what excuse I'm going to use when my husband says this tastes like cardboard!

:laugh2:

Said1
05-26-2007, 09:13 AM
My grandmother cooks chicken/turkey in a paper bag. Taste pretty good.

MtnBiker
05-27-2007, 02:23 PM
My grandmother cooks chicken/turkey in a paper bag. Taste pretty good.

en papillote

Said1
05-27-2007, 03:52 PM
en papillote

Not parchment paper, a real paper bag, that the she probaby brought the bird home with.

Her father's side was french, probably the cheap way. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
05-27-2007, 04:23 PM
en papillote

I love tilapia cooked that way.

lily
05-27-2007, 08:43 PM
I have to stop clickin gon this thread. Every time I do, I have that TV Dinners song stuck in my head. Now all the talk of turkey and it's there again!

Tv dinners they're goin' to my head
Tv dinners my skin is turnin' red
Twenty year old turkey in a thirty year old tin
I can't wait until tomorrow.... And thaw one out again oh yeah!

Kathianne
05-27-2007, 08:46 PM
I have to stop clickin gon this thread. Every time I do, I have that TV Dinners song stuck in my head. Now all the talk of turkey and it's there again!

Tv dinners they're goin' to my head
Tv dinners my skin is turnin' red
Twenty year old turkey in a thirty year old tin
I can't wait until tomorrow.... And thaw one out again oh yeah!

Now I'm hearing the Beverly Hillbillies theme. Be gone! :laugh2: