PDA

View Full Version : Two U.S. soldiers killed by Afghan police officer..

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-17-2012, 08:01 AM
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/17/13329628-two-us-service-members-killed-by-afghan-police-officer?lite

Two US service members killed by Afghan police officer. A man in an Afghan police uniform shot and killed two US special forces members in the western Farah Province of Afghanistan. TODAY's Natalie Morales reports.
By NBC News and wire reports
Updated at 6:28 a.m. ET: KABUL, Afghanistan -- A newly recruited Afghan village police officer opened fire on his American allies on Friday, minutes after they gave him a new weapon as a present, killing two U.S. service members and another Afghan policeman, officials said.

It was the latest in a disturbing string of attacks by Afghan security forces on the international troops training them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Two U.S. Forces-Afghanistan service members died this morning as a result of an insider threat attack in Farah province, Afghanistan," Col. Hagen Messer, spokesman for the International Joint Command in the country, told NBC News. "Officials are investigating the incident to determine the facts and as more information becomes available it will be released as appropriate."

Follow @NBCNewsWorldDetails remained sketchy, but an official in the Bala Bolok District told NBC News that an Afghan policeman was also killed in the attack.

The attacker was identified as Mohammad Ismail, a man in his 30s who had joined the Afghan Local Police just five days ago.

Folks something is wrong in how we are being taken in by these vermin. Apparently military has not adequately placed in a proper screening method for these recruits to determine if they are enemy scum.
I am so damn glad I talked my nephew out of volunteering to go to this clusterffkk hellhole that is political ran instead of militarily ran. Everything there apparently is ffed up to the umpteenth degree. Ask yourself how come we didnt have this type of shat going on in Vietnam. Its high time we either leave there or kill us a whole lot of ffing scum!!!! You can not train poisonous snakes not to bite, its best to just kill 'em all....I bet obama secretly cheers everytime he hears this type of news!--Tyr

jimnyc
08-17-2012, 04:24 PM
They need to stop helping any people they consider to be "innocent" over there, IMO. Either let the soldiers FIGHT as they were trained, or bring them back home where they don't have to face potential booby traps from civilians they are asked to help.

fj1200
08-17-2012, 04:30 PM
They need to stop helping any people they consider to be "innocent" over there, IMO. Either let the soldiers FIGHT as they were trained, or bring them back home where they don't have to face potential booby traps from civilians they are asked to help.

I think they are long past the "just fight" stage. They don't know who to fight and if they did then the collateral damage would be more than anyone is willing to endure. The Taliban aren't really the enemy and Al Qaeda is essentially done.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-18-2012, 11:23 AM

Letting them fight as they are trained to do will never happen as long as bamboy is CIC. He will use the military in whatever way gains him favor but make no mistake about it he hates our military just as much as he hates this nation!-Tyr