PDA

View Full Version : Romney wants a "kinder, gentler" Ryan

gabosaurus
08-18-2012, 10:41 AM
In other words, don't say anything too radical and don't upstage the boss.

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-wants-risky-pick-play-safe-075300266.html

Kathianne
08-18-2012, 10:44 AM
AP trying to set the agenda. Somehow I don't think that's going to work. Ryan is down at the Villages, largest retirement community in the US. Speaking on Romney's plan. Hard to believe that Romney didn't allow AP to pick his VP, eh?

jimnyc
08-18-2012, 10:45 AM
In other words, don't say anything too radical and don't upstage the boss.

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-wants-risky-pick-play-safe-075300266.html

Unlike a "boss" who lets his partner running around the nation making a mockery of their campaign. That alone would be enough for any candidate to we weary of what his partner might say!

gabosaurus
08-18-2012, 10:48 AM
I think Romney learned a lot from John McCain, who destroyed his own campaign by choosing a egotistical loon as a running mate.

Romney is not trying to change Ryan. He just wants Ryan to concentrate more on petting dogs and kissing babies. It has always worked before.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-18-2012, 10:52 AM
AP trying to set the agenda. Somehow I don't think that's going to work. Ryan is down at the Villages, largest retirement community in the US. Speaking on Romney's plan. Hard to believe that Romney didn't allow AP to pick his VP, eh?

Romney did not pick Ryan because he wanted appeasing blabber. That is the what the obama camp wants! Because they now have two leaders that can rip their dumb asses to shreds in debates. And two leaders that can explain the deliberate economic disasters caused by obama's insane policies! Romney's choice of Ryan clearly reveals he plans on a course of hitting back IMHO. The sold out media seeks to avoid that of course.. protecting boyblunder at any and all costs.-Tyr

Kathianne
08-18-2012, 10:53 AM
I think Romney learned a lot from John McCain, who destroyed his own campaign by choosing a egotistical loon as a running mate.

Romney is not trying to change Ryan. He just wants Ryan to concentrate more on petting dogs and kissing babies. It has always worked before.

Try reading what's happening, not AP talking points. Same folks who failed to report on LGBT shooter for hours.

Thunderknuckles
08-18-2012, 10:55 AM

It won't work now if we want any chance of making positive changes in this country.
I get the feeling from your response here and in another thread that you don't want to "rock the boat" in terms of our current conditions. I believe you said that democrats don't want some who is going to drastically change their lives.
Well, that is exactly what it is going to take to turn this around.

SassyLady
08-19-2012, 02:29 AM

John McCain lost because he was John McCain and because liberals wanted to feel good about themselves by being able to say they voted for the first black president. The only reason McCain got as many votes as he did was because of Palin.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-19-2012, 10:36 AM
John McCain lost because he was John McCain and because liberals wanted to feel good about themselves by being able to say they voted for the first black president. The only reason McCain got as many votes as he did was because of Palin.

Exactly, if not for Palin obama's win would have likely been the largest in our nation's history.
That is how bad mcsame was and how brainwashed the hope and change masses were!
We will see come this November just how many of the freaking idgits have woke up since then..-Tyr

Voted4Reagan
08-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Ryan helped raise 10,000,000 dollars in one week after his pick...

I'd say he's brought things together nicely.... An Excellent VP Pick...

How's BIDEN DOING?

They Stick Biden back in the Cheney Bunker yet to shut him the hell up?

SassyLady
08-19-2012, 11:42 PM
I think Obama knows he's going to lose and by letting Biden loose, he can blame the loss on his VP.

Kat
08-20-2012, 12:06 AM
LOL! Romney wants a kinder, gentler Ryan after one week? uh huh, right. :laugh:

logroller
08-20-2012, 02:36 AM
Unlike a "boss" who lets his partner running around the nation making a mockery of their campaign. That alone would be enough for any candidate to we weary of what his partner might say!
"making a mockery of the campaign" ...hmmm. Imho, Biden didn't/doesn't upstage the boss in that dimension. :coffee:

I mean, sure, Biden says some dumb shit, but Obama does dumb shit. Clearly, not upstaged.

Voted4Reagan
08-20-2012, 07:29 AM
Another GABOSAURUS BAILOUT.....

Make Silly uninformed Comment and run away....

Little-Acorn
08-20-2012, 01:22 PM
(oops, duplicate post)

Little-Acorn
08-20-2012, 01:25 PM
I saw no quotes from Mitt Romney in the linked article. Not a word, in fact.

Not even any quotes from his campaign people.

There were a few vague references to what "advisers" said, but none of them named.

The article was written by one "Steve Peoples" of the AP. I guess I'm curious where Mr. Peoples gets the idea Romney wants Ryan to "Play it safe".

If Romney wanted his running mate to "play it safe", he would have chosen John McCain, or maybe Bob Dole. Not Paul Ryan.

Ryan's strongest talent, is putting together economic plans that make sense, and even have a fairly good chance of working. And then explaining them clearly and succinctly to people who aren't economists themselves.

And this during a time when the country's economy has been led fundamentally in the wrong direction for four (maybe twelve) years, and is suffering badly as a result.

Romney didn't pick Ryan to "play it safe".

He picked Ryan to give people the bad news (The gravy train is over, we've run out of Other People's Money, we have to become self-reliant and responsible again), and to reassure them that we CAN turn it around, and to help explain HOW we will do that.

He picked Ryan to show the American people how to kick over the applecart of liberal big-govt Nannystate-ism, and show them how things will be better IF it is done right.

He picked Ryan to show the country there's a new Sheriff in town. And that the new Sheriff will bring peace... once the bad guys and their gunfighters and kneecappers are dispatched.

gabosaurus
08-20-2012, 05:27 PM
So who is bailing out?
Biden's job has always been to fade into the background. That's what a good VP does. John Nance Garner once said that the vice-presidency is "not worth a bucket of warm spit" (well, he didn't use "spit," but the actual term is not for polite company). And he is correct.
Presidential candidates have always made VP choices based on how they will help him get elected. When the election is over (win or lose), the VP fades into the background.