PDA

View Full Version : Students with gun permits get segregated dorms at University of Colorado.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-18-2012, 11:41 AM
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/17/13335711-students-with-gun-permits-get-segregated-dorms-at-university-of-colorado?lite

Students with gun permits get segregated dorms at University of ColoradoColorado University will no longer allow concealed weapons in undergrad dormitories, but will continue to allow them elsewhere on campus. KUSA's Meagan Fitzgerald reports.
By Sevil Omer, NBC News
Updated at 4:57 p.m. ET: The University of Colorado will segregate students who have concealed-weapons permits in special dorms, but their firearms will have to be locked up before bedtime, according to campus police.

University officials have amended their student housing contract at its Boulder and Colorado Springs campuses to accommodate students who are 21 years or older and have concealed-weapons carry permits, said Ryan Huff, public information officer with the University of Colorado's campus police in Boulder.

"If you have a permit, you can carry a concealed weapon on campus, as long as its hidden away from view, and you can even have it with you in class," Huff told NBC News. "What you can not do is have it on you at a ticketed event, such as football games, or in any of the residence halls on campus."

^^^^^^^ About time!!! -Tyr

jafar00
08-18-2012, 09:33 PM
When I went to University, all I had to think about was taking the right books, my car keys and my wallet. I can't imagine a world where I have to think about whether I have my gun with me when I go to school.

It's a sad reflection on your society when citizens feel the need to carry deadly weapons.

SassyLady
08-19-2012, 02:05 AM
When I went to University, all I had to think about was taking the right books, my car keys and my wallet. I can't imagine a world where I have to think about whether I have my gun with me when I go to school.

It's a sad reflection on your society when citizens feel the need to carry deadly weapons.

Yes, it is a sad reflection. Unfortunately, criminals and mentally ill people will find a way to get the weapons and use them. If law abiding citizens have a gun handy when these people decide to start murdering people, perhaps there will be less innocent lives wasted.

jafar00
08-19-2012, 02:45 AM
Yes, it is a sad reflection. Unfortunately, criminals and mentally ill people will find a way to get the weapons and use them. If law abiding citizens have a gun handy when these people decide to start murdering people, perhaps there will be less innocent lives wasted.

Yeeeehawww pardner!

Sorry but it seems a little wild west to suggest normality is a bunch of people running about packing heat. That can't be safe.

jimnyc
08-19-2012, 08:09 AM
Yeeeehawww pardner!

Sorry but it seems a little wild west to suggest normality is a bunch of people running about packing heat. That can't be safe.

Here's the problem, Jafar. Prior to this announcement, have you seen all the shootings at schools and other places where people can't carry guns? So it wasn't exactly "safe" prior to this. Allowing people, other than criminals looking to take advantage of areas that are gun free, will only help reduce crime and deter these criminals. I don't want to get into a gun debate, but look into the places where it's mandatory around the world to own a firearm and you'll find mostly lower crime. Then take places like Chicago and DC, where the laws are perhaps some of the toughest, and look at the crime rate and murders.

fj1200
08-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Sorry but it seems a little wild west...

Seems... yes.

Myths of the Old West (http://www.unpopulartruth.com/2009/04/myths-of-old-west.html)

Voted4Reagan
08-19-2012, 03:05 PM
I had several at my campus in Pennsylvania.. I had a 30-06, 2 12ga shotguns and a .357 Magnum. All used for Hunting. I could check them out 24 Hours a day from the Security office across the Parking lot from my Dorm...

Campus Police always Joked I was better armed then they were...... And they had my permission to use any of them in case of emergencies... and this was back in 1984!

SassyLady
08-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Yeeeehawww pardner!

And this is just the type of language used by liberals to try and shame us into giving up our constitutional rights.

Is is normal and safe. We used our gun this evening to kill a rattlesnake in our driveway. Even though it will not be the last rattlesnake we see around here, it is one less to worry about and one less to create more little snakes.

Little-Acorn
08-20-2012, 12:20 AM
I could check them out 24 Hours a day from the Security office across the Parking lot from my Dorm...

Meaning, if somebody pulled a Virgina Tech, and you wanted to defend yourself right now... you had nothing?

You had to ask the bad guy to please stop shooting for 15 minutes so you could run across the parking lot and ask the campus cops for permission to get your weapon?

That sounds effective.

Voted4Reagan
08-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Meaning, if somebody pulled a Virgina Tech, and you wanted to defend yourself right now... you had nothing?

You had to ask the bad guy to please stop shooting for 15 minutes so you could run across the parking lot and ask the campus cops for permission to get your weapon?

That sounds effective.actually.... we had multiple exits from the dorm I was in...at least 6 ways out not counting the Window.
I could have been armed in less then a minute. But frequently the Guns were CHECKED OUT Early in the evening because we'd leave to go hunting early in the Morning.

Frequently they spent the night in my room.....

cadet
08-20-2012, 09:18 AM
actually.... we had multiple exits from the dorm I was in...at least 6 ways out not counting the Window.
I could have been armed in less then a minute. But frequently the Guns were CHECKED OUT Early in the evening because we'd leave to go hunting early in the Morning.

Frequently they spent the night in my room.....

Is that the only thing that spent the night in your room? :rolleyes:

Voted4Reagan
08-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Is that the only thing that spent the night in your room? :rolleyes:

Some Hunting seasons were open YEAR ROUND....

(Wink Wink... Nudge nudge...know what I mean?)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Some Hunting seasons were open YEAR ROUND....

(Wink Wink... Nudge nudge...know what I mean?)

Always for straight redbloodied American males, dont know or care about the gays. Anybody that wouldnt choose a hot babe over a guy needs to have their head examined in my book. I remember this hot babe in the summer of 71, she could , err, never mind wrong forum for that..;)-Tyr.