PDA

View Full Version : Happy Eid!

jimnyc
08-18-2012, 05:16 PM
To our fellow Muslims, Happy Eid. Here in NY at least, the fasting ends at 7:50pm, and is also an end to 30 days of daily fasting. The larger celebration in these parts will be held tomorrow, at 2 of the mosques that I am aware of. I was invited to both celebrations but will only be attending the one at a friends house. I'll be going out of respect and for some free food! Once a large amount get together, the mostly all speak in Arabic, or similar, and I'm left talking to the little kids and their potato chips as those little buggers continue to speak English.

Jafar and Abso - Heppy Eid! I don't fully understand Ramadan yet, after 10 years, but I know enough to offer respect to our fellow Muslims as I would have them do for me on larger holidays that I celebrate.

http://i.imgur.com/FispM.jpg?1

jafar00
08-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Eid Saeed! (You can't say Eid Mubarak in Egypt because there is no mubarak any more :D)

Thank jimmy for the greeting. May the blessings of Eid extend to all of us and may Allah accept our fasting and prayers and forgive us for our shortcomings and guide us to the right path.