PDA

View Full Version : Laryngoscopy

jimnyc
08-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Ok, who's ever had one done and did it hurt? You have till 10am EST to fill me in before I leave to have it done. They say it lasts only a few seconds and is painless, but I never believe these idiots. It's with an ENT, to ensure some crap about my vocal cords prior to surgery, to determine where they slice me in the throat.

Abbey Marie
08-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Too late! Hope it went well.

jimnyc
08-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Too late! Hope it went well.

Yeah, wasn't so bad. They put a little pain killer of sorts, like a nasal spray, then sent in some scope through the nose into the throat to look at the vocal cords. Was painless and quick!

fj1200
08-20-2012, 12:15 PM
So you won't be uploading yourself to the Matrix quite yet?

jimnyc
08-20-2012, 12:18 PM
So you won't be uploading yourself to the Matrix quite yet?

Not today anyway! I might email myself to Florida for a vacation though, if that were possible, which I think it is in the Matrix!

Said1
08-20-2012, 12:44 PM
ttiuwp :laugh2:

jimnyc
08-21-2012, 04:53 PM
ttiuwp :laugh2:

this thread is useless without pictures? Did I get that right? You want to see pics of my vocal cords? LOL Or my gross ears, as he cleaned them since I was there!

Abbey Marie
08-21-2012, 05:04 PM
this thread is useless without pictures? Did I get that right? You want to see pics of my vocal cords? LOL Or my gross ears, as he cleaned them since I was there!

Eww. Don't want to picture THAT.

jimnyc
08-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Eww. Don't want to picture THAT.

To be honest, it was gross. I'm not in the bathroom like women do, but I'm happy to say I take care of myself in the hygiene department. I mean, who the hell wants to be out somewhere and someone standing next to you look at you and see wax in your ears? But after about 10 minutes with this suction machine, he had a ball of wax that was the size of one of them superballs you used to get out of a gumball machine for a quarter when we were younger! He said it's somewhat typical, but admitted that he finds it worse with the guys! LOL

Abbey Marie
08-21-2012, 05:13 PM
To be honest, it was gross. I'm not in the bathroom like women do, but I'm happy to say I take care of myself in the hygiene department. I mean, who the hell wants to be out somewhere and someone standing next to you look at you and see wax in your ears? But after about 10 minutes with this suction machine, he had a ball of wax that was the size of one of them superballs you used to get out of a gumball machine for a quarter when we were younger! He said it's somewhat typical, but admitted that he finds it worse with the guys! LOL

I don't know how people eat after doing jobs like this!