PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Man Indicted in Wife's Presumed Mercy Killing

jimnyc
08-20-2012, 11:56 AM
This man obviously had his lovely wife in mind and her best interest at heart. His intent was 1000% good and only wanted to end any suffering she was going through. With that said, he certainly reserves the right to ignore the justice system and any charges brought forth against him. And this applies to all mercy killings, as intent should override the crime in this case. All he did was something bad, but which was for the greater good.

A grand jury has indicted a man in the suspected mercy killing of his wife at a northeastern Ohio hospital.

John Wise faces one count each of aggravated murder, murder and felonious assault in the Aug. 4 shooting of his wife in the intensive care unit of Akron General Medical Center.

The 66-year-old's indictment was released Monday. He is next due in court on Friday, when he is expected to enter a plea.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ohio-man-indicted-wifes-presumed-mercy-killing-17041828#.UDJl_KOQmcs

logroller
08-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Perhaps congress should "reaffirm" the individual right to end a life upon disability. :slap:

jimnyc
08-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Perhaps congress should "reaffirm" the individual right to end a life upon disability. :slap:

'cept the rule of law currently overrides my view on the affirmation you speak of, where the rule of law in this case I thought would have been overlooked? I get so confused when we decide which laws and charges should be ignored!

sundaydriver
08-20-2012, 06:59 PM
These cases are usually resolved with time served and suspended sentence. Maybe not a hard decision when seeing a loved one suffering or unresponsize, but a horrificaly diffucult act to carry out as an act of love.

jimnyc
08-20-2012, 07:02 PM
These cases are usually resolved with time served and suspended sentence. Maybe not a hard decision when seeing a loved one suffering or unresponsize, but a horrificaly diffucult act to carry out as an act of love.

Imagine that, someone answering to their charges, honoring the rule of law, and a jury perhaps seeing the entire facts and handing down an appropriate sentence. I still see hypocrisy and the inequity in it all though and think it be better if he runs from the law, simply as a matter of principle. :)

sundaydriver
08-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Imagine that, someone answering to their charges, honoring the rule of law, and a jury perhaps seeing the entire facts and handing down an appropriate sentence. I still see hypocrisy and the inequity in it all though and think it be better if he runs from the law, simply as a matter of principle. :)

You do understand, the law must charge you as you did kill someone outside the legal bounds. This gentleman has no regrets and the law even though it is is a homicide usually do not make it to trial. And the jurists usually only look at the circumstances and if no real crime is involved usually rule very leniently. Running from the law would be the worst thing you could do.

logroller
08-20-2012, 09:29 PM
'cept the rule of law currently overrides my view on the affirmation you speak of, where the rule of law in this case I thought would have been overlooked? I get so confused when we decide which laws and charges should be ignored!
Me too.:beer:

fj1200
08-20-2012, 09:52 PM
... but a horrificaly diffucult act to carry out as an act of love.

We had a case not too far away a few years ago where the husband did the same thing in their house but then he took his own life.

logroller
08-20-2012, 10:43 PM
We had a case not too far away a few years ago where the husband did the same thing in their house but then he took his own life.
Tragic love... how Shakespearean.

SassyLady
08-22-2012, 12:37 AM
What continues to amaze me is that a woman has the right to end the life of an unborn child, but cannot choose to end her own life. Where's the logic in that?

Voted4Reagan
08-22-2012, 06:09 AM
What continues to amaze me is that a woman has the right to end the life of an unborn child, but cannot choose to end her own life. Where's the logic in that?

A very profound Statement....

And Very True....

taft2012
08-22-2012, 07:04 AM
Difficult scenario for which the law has no easy answer.

The law was broken, he did it, so now he must face a jury.

Unless a plea is done first, which is the most likely scenario.

Somehow though, I envision Obama tightening up this loose thread dangling from the edge of the law. I see doctor's acting as veterinarians down the road and putting people like this "to sleep."

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-22-2012, 07:56 AM
Difficult scenario for which the law has no easy answer.

The law was broken, he did it, so now he must face a jury.

Unless a plea is done first, which is the most likely scenario.

Somehow though, I envision Obama tightening up this loose thread dangling from the edge of the law. I see doctor's acting as veterinarians down the road and putting people like this "to sleep."

^^^^^^^All for the greater good and "SAVINGS" to the Almighty System dont cha know?-Tyr