PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual awakening

08-21-2012, 11:33 PM
Is anyone else noticing a spiritual awakening going on around you? Just wondering.

SassyLady
08-22-2012, 12:40 AM
Nope.

You?

08-22-2012, 06:59 AM
Nope.

You?

Yes. Thats why Im asking. I hope its not just me.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Yes. Thats why Im asking. I hope its not just me.

Yes, I have seen it happening in the muslim world, they called it the Arab Spring (democracy on the rise=lie) to hide that it was really just a muslim surge to get closer to creating the Caliphate and bring that 12th mamby..-Tyr

Abbey Marie
08-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Yes, I have seen it happening in the muslim world, they called it the Arab Spring (democracy on the rise=lie) to hide that it was really just a muslim surge to get closer to creating the Caliphate and bring that 12th mamby..-Tyr

I don't think that is what Avi is referring to.

To answer your question, maybe a little, perhaps more in other countries, but not here to the extent that I think you are talking about. I am hopeful, though.

Thunderknuckles
08-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Nothing on my end, I don't think.
What am I looking for exactly? :laugh:

Abbey Marie
08-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Here's a bit:

Revival expert Jeff Ziegler notes, “When moral decline is at its most rampant then the glory of the Lord Jesus Christ dawns upon the elect in unusual power and His character is recovered and expressed among His people. Among the society, spiritual awakening occurs when there is great spiritual darkness among the people. When the greatness of Christ’s glorified testimony is revived in the Church, the lost are awakened in large number.”

We should also realize that there is revival happening all over the world today. There are spiritual awakenings that have swept hundreds of millions of people into the Kingdom of God within the last few decades. There is revival in Africa, Latin America, Eastern Europe, China, the South Pacific Islands, and Southeast Asia. The sheer volume of people coming to know Christ in this “World Awakening” not only rivals but also even surpasses what happened in America in centuries past.
http://www.forerunner.com/boston/X0008_Revival_and_Spiritua.html

Noir
08-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Certainly not round my parts...if anything it's the secular self that's on the rise round my way, especially down in Ireland, where the Catholic Church is falling apart.

Edit - though in terms of Ireland idk if that correlates to a rise in secularism, or other faiths.

cadet
08-22-2012, 01:25 PM
I've been seeing alot more of the "Spread Christianity" stuff lately, and most of the churches around me have started to do alot of outreach. There's some guy that keeps donating money to bring together christians stuff.

gabosaurus
08-22-2012, 05:00 PM
To me, Spiritual Awakenings have to be personal. The only mass "conversions" usually occur in cults. Where strong personalities take hold of the desperate, dispirited and weak minded.

At least I know my spiritual awakening was personal.

Abbey Marie
08-22-2012, 05:03 PM
To me, Spiritual Awakenings have to be personal. The only mass "conversions" usually occur in cults. Where strong personalities take hold of the desperate, dispirited and weak minded.

At least I know my spiritual awakening was personal.

The conversions are individual/personal. The point is whether they are occurring in large numbers around the world.

gabosaurus
08-22-2012, 05:11 PM
The conversions are individual/personal. The point is whether they are occurring in large numbers around the world.

I get your point. But no, I haven't noticed any large number of conversions.

Abbey Marie
08-22-2012, 07:01 PM
I get your point. But no, I haven't noticed any large number of conversions.

Me neither. Though both churches I've attended in the past few years are large and growing. Maybe I just can't see it yet.

Avi?

08-22-2012, 09:08 PM
I've just been seeing a number of people who would not normally be into religion turn to God lately. And I dont know about anyone else, but the Spirit has been stronger in my life lately. I think I see the early stages of an awakening going on.

Noir
08-23-2012, 07:39 AM
Depends what time parameters you judge this 'awakening' against. I mean, it would of been much much harder to notice an 'awakening' 100 years ago, when atheists/non-believers were not only much less in number (as a % of the population) but would also be much less likely to be public about their non-belief.