PDA

View Full Version : Meet Stoli, our newest addition!

KitchenKitten99
08-22-2012, 02:43 PM

He isn't ready to go home yet, and won't be until the first week of October, but we officially put a deposit down on him yesterday.

He's a Siberian Husky pup from a breeder in Wisconsin. No, not a puppy mill. A breeder who selectively plans breeding for health and temperament. Originally I wanted to adopt an adult husky, but the adoption agency said most of their candidates probably wouldn't do well with the cats. I know this is true, though my former Siberian, Buster, learned just fine. It took a couple months but he was fine after that. But...the agency doesn't want to risk it so I chose to go with a pup to raise with my cats.

Stoli (I named him already), short for Stolichnaya. Not sure if I will register him as Stoli or Stolichnaya though. But I also like Stolichnaya Konstantin for a registered name.

He will look like this when fully grown:

Voted4Reagan
08-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Positively squee-liscious!!!!!!!

WHAT AN ADORABLE LITTLE MORSEL!!!!

WiccanLiberal
08-22-2012, 06:07 PM
He's EDIBLE!!!!

cadet
08-22-2012, 07:14 PM
He looks like a possum.

sundaydriver
08-22-2012, 07:26 PM
I hope he has 7 months of winter to enjoy every year in his future loving home. :laugh:

KitchenKitten99
08-23-2012, 11:47 AM
I hope he has 7 months of winter to enjoy every year in his future loving home. :laugh:

Big raspberries blowing your way... I can't stand winter. But with this little (soon to be big) guy by my side, it will be a little more bearable.

My last Siberian would pull my kids around the backyard on their toboggan sled with the special harness we had for him. I miss that. Made winter so much more fun for me and the kids. The last 3.5 years without him have been miserable winters.

I found this video below, and it makes me all the more excited about having him. I have this kind of stuff to look forward to. :2up:

http://youtu.be/0mkUkZMPPTk

KitchenKitten99
08-23-2012, 11:55 AM
He looks like a possum.

They all do when they're that little. He was born 8/4.

KitchenKitten99
09-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Updated pics...

aboutime
09-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Congratulations! A beautiful animal, and soon to become another member of the family.

Look at those paws. You may need to claim another dependent with the IRS.

Enjoy. Hi Stoli!

KitchenKitten99
09-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Congratulations! A beautiful animal, and soon to become another member of the family.

Look at those paws. You may need to claim another dependent with the IRS.

Enjoy. Hi Stoli!

Ha ha, actually Siberians are quite efficient eaters. My last Siberian was a 60lb boy who took 4-5 weeks to go through a 25lb bag of food.

KitchenKitten99
09-25-2012, 09:04 PM
He's finally home!

I will try to get some of him when he's awake and playing. These are the ones I could get for now. He has pretty ice blue eyes.