PDA

View Full Version : Breastfeeding Dad Raises New Questions About Motherhood

jimnyc
08-23-2012, 07:08 PM
He should be able to breastfeed wherever and whenever he pleases. Amazing that an organization would support breastfeeding, and the rights to do as I said, which is the ability to do so whenever in the need. And now he's being discriminated against. It shouldn't matter how he identifies himself, or how his appearance his compared to others, or how he was born or any of that other crap. If he has a child, and is capable of breastfeeding, the same benefits/rights should apply and be extended. :)

Up until last week the great breastfeeding debate was centered on where to do it and for how long. But Trevor MacDonald, a 27-year-old transgender parent, has raised an ever bigger question: who gets to do it?

The Winnipeg-based MacDonald has been chronicling his unique breastfeeding experience in photos and anecdotes on his blog for almost a year. But he gained national exposure this month, after a disagreement with La Leche League, an international breastfeeding support organization, over their definition on motherhood.

After nursing his now 16-month-old son, Jacob, he hoped to become a coach for one of the club's local support groups, but was informed only women could serve as group leaders.

MacDonald was born a female but transitioned to a male at age 23 through a course of hormone treatments and chest contouring surgery. "I retained my female reproductive organs, but I felt (and still feel) fully male, and anybody seeing me on the street would never guess that I'm anything but a regular dude," he writes in an Out Magazine article published in April. He also firmly identifies himself as a father, rather than a mother.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/breastfeeding-dad-trevor-macdonald-lllc.html

aboutime
08-23-2012, 07:14 PM
He should be able to breastfeed wherever and whenever he pleases. Amazing that an organization would support breastfeeding, and the rights to do as I said, which is the ability to do so whenever in the need. And now he's being discriminated against. It shouldn't matter how he identifies himself, or how his appearance his compared to others, or how he was born or any of that other crap. If he has a child, and is capable of breastfeeding, the same benefits/rights should apply and be extended. :)

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/breastfeeding-dad-trevor-macdonald-lllc.html

Looks like SOMEBODY has to make up either HIS or Her mind whether it was better to be a female and Mother who could breastfeed, or to be a male Father...and try to fool Mother Nature.

Let him/her feed the child. It seems in stories like this. It's always the children who stand to be hurt the most.

Noir
08-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Dear blesses.

Transgender - Meaning to identify with a different gender than your biological sex.
Woman - Meaning a female
Female - Meaning can bare ofspring, produce eggs, can be fertilized by a male etc.

"Trevor" is a woman, a transgender woman, therefore the fact that this group says "only women could serve as group leaders." means that trevor can serve as a group leader. The problem with all these stories is people don't apply the right terminology.

jimnyc
08-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Dear blesses.

Transgender - Meaning to identify with a different gender than your biological sex.
Woman - Meaning a female
Female - Meaning can bare ofspring, produce eggs, can be fertilized by a male etc.

"Trevor" is a woman, a transgender woman, therefore the fact that this group says "only women could serve as group leaders." means that trevor can serve as a group leader. The problem with all these stories is people don't apply the right terminology.

But wouldn't you agree, that regardless of all of that, he is a MOM, he can breastfeed, and therefore should be treated the same?

Noir
08-23-2012, 07:34 PM
But wouldn't you agree, that regardless of all of that, he is a MOM, he can breastfeed, and therefore should be treated the same?

Yes, if anyone, man or woman, has the ability to breast feed then they should be able to, and if they want to apply for a role to help others breast feeding, they should be able to.

jimnyc
08-23-2012, 07:45 PM
Yes, if anyone, man or woman, has the ability to breast feed then they should be able to, and if they want to apply for a role to help others breast feeding, they should be able to.

Reminds me of Deniro in Meet the Parents - "I have nipples, Greg, can you milk me?"

But what we have here is someone who was born a female. Apparently identified as being a man, so at age 23 started treatments and such to be changed into a man, but retained a woman's reproductive system. Wants to be referred to as a Father but getting the rights as a Mother. And to top it all off, he/she is a homosexual. Of which gender? LOL He married a man, so he identifies as a man as far as "gayness" is concerned.

I don't think she knows which gender she wants to identify with, or if she is fucked in the head, or purposely circumventing rules and similar. Which bathroom will he/she use, and will this desire change? So many avenues we could go down when identifying as a woman and getting into private women's facilities. Or the reverse. And in the interest of fairness and "rights", so many arguments I have read about gays, homosexuals, transgendered and such, could technically be used for either sex this one identifies with.

From legal standpoint, SHE should still be listed as female, unless of course she has a Frank n Beans under the Jeans.

This story just had me cracking up on way too many levels. No amount of therapy in the world would have helped anyway, way too far gone. And I'm sure someone, whether here or elsewhere, will try to convince others that this is perfectly normal.

SassyLady
08-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Reminds me of Deniro in Meet the Parents - "I have nipples, Greg, can you milk me?"

But what we have here is someone who was born a female. Apparently identified as being a man, so at age 23 started treatments and such to be changed into a man, but retained a woman's reproductive system. Wants to be referred to as a Father but getting the rights as a Mother. And to top it all off, he/she is a homosexual. Of which gender? LOL He married a man, so he identifies as a man as far as "gayness" is concerned.

I don't think she knows which gender she wants to identify with, or if she is fucked in the head, or purposely circumventing rules and similar. Which bathroom will he/she use, and will this desire change? So many avenues we could go down when identifying as a woman and getting into private women's facilities. Or the reverse. And in the interest of fairness and "rights", so many arguments I have read about gays, homosexuals, transgendered and such, could technically be used for either sex this one identifies with.

From legal standpoint, SHE should still be listed as female, unless of course she has a Frank n Beans under the Jeans.

This story just had me cracking up on way too many levels. No amount of therapy in the world would have helped anyway, way too far gone. And I'm sure someone, whether here or elsewhere, will try to convince others that this is perfectly normal.

She/he identifies as a male. The question about being a coach is will other women feel comfortable having a "man" coach them on breastfeeding.

jimnyc
08-23-2012, 07:57 PM
She/he identifies as a male. The question about being a coach is will other women feel comfortable having a "man" coach them on breastfeeding.

"I" feel uncomfortable just reading about this mess of a WOMAN. She can identify as a man all she likes, but if she ain't got the plumbing, it's all in the damaged noggin.

KarlMarx
08-23-2012, 09:04 PM
I have this feeling that I am a mufti-millionaire. I've had this feeling all of my life. I've always felt like an upper class person trapped in a middle class body. I think I have a constitutional right to have an operation to change me from a middle class wage slave to a chauffeur driven, caviar munching, mansion living, spend it like there's no tomorrow kind of guy. I just can't help it...I find myself thinking millionaire thoughts, and I think if I don't get that operation, I'm going to have to kill myself. All I need is about 100 million dollars to get me started, after that, I will require a mere 500,000 dollars a month.

KarlMarx
08-23-2012, 09:12 PM
"I" feel uncomfortable just reading about this mess of a WOMAN. She can identify as a man all she likes, but if she ain't got the plumbing, it's all in the damaged noggin.
She ain't got the chromosomes, either... in her cells, (s)he's still a W-O-M-A-N... and she can think she's a guy all she wants...

Males have an X and a Y chromosome
Females have two X chromosomes....

There is a thing called "natural law" and let's face it.. guys don't breastfeed, just like girls don't pee standing up....

Thunderknuckles
08-23-2012, 09:21 PM
The problem with all these stories is people don't apply the right terminology.
Bologney. The problem is that all of them are deranged. There's no such thing as a woman born in a man's body or any of that other crazy stuff. It's a figment of the liberal progressive mind hatched during the age of Aquarius and one too many hits of acid.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Bologney. The problem is that all of them are deranged. There's no such thing as a woman born in a man's body or any of that other crazy stuff. It's a figment of the liberal progressive mind hatched during the age of Aquarius and one too many hits of acid.

Noir really meant the problem is that people arent bright enough to believe fantasy is reality. Its the liberal thing.
A liberal is just ffkked up enough in tha head to believe it is a man! I say prove it, let her stand flatfooted on the ground and piss over a six foot fence, is he can do that I'll agree. In her case . she better drink half a case of beer and use a long siphon hose ;)while I remember only drinking about a case of beer to do it myself as a young man.-:laugh2:

Noir
08-24-2012, 06:37 AM
I have this feeling that I am a mufti-millionaire. I've had this feeling all of my life. I've always felt like an upper class person trapped in a middle class body. I think I have a constitutional right to have an operation to change me from a middle class wage slave to a chauffeur driven, caviar munching, mansion living, spend it like there's no tomorrow kind of guy. I just can't help it...I find myself thinking millionaire thoughts, and I think if I don't get that operation, I'm going to have to kill myself. All I need is about 100 million dollars to get me started, after that, I will require a mere 500,000 dollars a month.

Now imagine after saying that, that the government want to charge you the top rate of tax. Because you feel like a millionaire.

But you're not, so you shouldn't be treated like one, much in the same way that the person in the OP, should not be denied the right to lead a group, because as much as Trevor may want to be a man, he's still a woman.

Noir
08-24-2012, 06:41 AM

I didn't realize you we're so learned on psychology. Please do share what research you have on the issue, I mean it must be pretty groundbreaking to go against the mountain of research that shows otherwise.

taft2012
08-24-2012, 06:48 AM
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/0xpWTG3F81FMxIXhK0Zchw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTQwMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/401/2012/08/23/trevor-macdonald-400-jpg_213139.jpg

Can we all just agree to call this what it is? A freak show.

And who in the world would want a freak endorsing their movement, whatever it may be?

CSM
08-24-2012, 07:24 AM
LOL! Now we can have Congress redefine the words "mother", "motherhood", "female", and "gender". It's awesome that our government is now integral in writing the dictionary. Next year they start their own thesarus.

Noir
08-24-2012, 07:27 AM
LOL! Now we can have Congress redefine the words "mother", "motherhood", "female", and "gender". It's awesome that our government is now integral in writing the dictionary. Next year they start their own thesarus.

No definitions need be changed, Trevor, in the OP, is a transgender woman. The fact that he is also a mother makes no difference.

CSM
08-24-2012, 07:34 AM
No definitions need be changed, Trevor, in the OP, is a transgender woman. The fact that he is also a mother makes no difference.

You obviously don't recognize sarcasm when you see it.

CSM
08-24-2012, 07:42 AM
By the way, Noir, from the article itself:

"But this particular breastfeeding debate isn't about taking sides, it's about the evolution of the way we define motherhood, fatherhood and everything in between."

The underlined italics are mine. So, maybe I wasn't being sarcastic after all!

jimnyc
08-24-2012, 08:46 AM

There is no HE as it's a SHE. I don't see anywhere in the article stating that SHE had a full operation to change the plumbing, only some hormone medicine and some changes in the chest. These people may be confused, but I'm not.

Noir
08-24-2012, 08:48 AM
There is no HE as it's a SHE. I don't see anywhere in the article stating that SHE had a full operation to change the plumbing, only some hormone medicine and some changes in the chest. These people may be confused, but I'm not.

indeed, that should of read 'she'

jimnyc
08-24-2012, 08:48 AM
By the way, Noir, from the article itself:

"But this particular breastfeeding debate isn't about taking sides, it's about the evolution of the way we define motherhood, fatherhood and everything in between."

The underlined italics are mine. So, maybe I wasn't being sarcastic after all!

If a man suddenly claims to identify as a woman, and dons a wig and takes medicine to sound more like a woman - he is still a father, not a mother. And IMO, towards this case, I do believe SHE is a mother, but due to her condition and inability to identify with her born sex, she should be excluded from "mother" activities.

CSM
08-24-2012, 08:59 AM
If a man suddenly claims to identify as a woman, and dons a wig and takes medicine to sound more like a woman - he is still a father, not a mother. And IMO, towards this case, I do believe SHE is a mother, but due to her condition and inability to identify with her born sex, she should be excluded from "mother" activities.

I gather from the article that she indeed gave birth to the child. No Human male is capable of giving birth; no appropriately mutilated Human female is capable of giving birth either. Self delusion will not change the fact that this individual was born biologically as a human female. That being said, she is free to try to convince others that she is NOT female (biological facts to the contrary) but that does not mean we have to believe it. She is (IMO) a self mutilated female.

tailfins
08-24-2012, 09:47 AM

This has been tried: It was called a zero-doc first and second mortgage.

Thunderknuckles
08-24-2012, 10:12 AM
I didn't realize you we're so learned on psychology. Please do share what research you have on the issue, I mean it must be pretty groundbreaking to go against the mountain of research that shows otherwise.
Hogwash. Psychology? More hogwash.

The whole "Gender Identity" bullshit is relatively new. The only reason why any of this is even possible is because of modern medicine and the ideology that says you can be whatever the hell you want to be as long as you believe it. At the rate this is going the next term that will be coming along is "Species Identity" and you can bet your ass there will be some idiot group of psychologists that will produce a "mountain of evidence" that states this is all perfectly normal.

It isn't.

tailfins
08-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Hogwash. Psychology? More hogwash.

The whole "Gender Identity" bullshit is relatively new. The only reason why any of this is even possible is because of modern medicine and the ideology that says you can be whatever the hell you want to be as long as you believe it. At the rate this is going the next term that will be coming along is "Species Identity" and you can bet your ass there will be some idiot group of psychologists that will produce a "mountain of evidence" that states this is all perfectly normal.

It isn't.

Does this mean I should get in touch with my inner pig and inner jackass? Just asking. Hey baby, nice $%$^% you have there.

Said1
08-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Winnipeg, I'm surprised no one kicked his ass. :laugh2: