PDA

View Full Version : Al-Qaida linked websites threaten ex-Navy Seal turned author

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-24-2012, 10:38 PM
http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/24/13458745-al-qaida-linked-websites-threaten-ex-navy-seal-turned-author-with-destruction?lite

Al-Qaida linked websites threaten ex-Navy SEAL turned author with 'destruction'Current and former members of the elite Navy SEALs are outraged that one of their own broke the code of silence by penning a tell-all on the Osama bin Laden raid. The author could also be facing legal problems for authoring the book. NBC's Jim Miklaszewski reports.
By Mike Brunker and Jim Miklaszewski
NBC News
Users on several militant Islamic websites affiliated with al-Qaida have posted the name and photo of a former Navy SEAL identified as the author of an upcoming book on the commando raid that killed Osama bin Laden. The posts called for his "destruction" in revenge for the al-Qaida founder’s killing.

"We pray to Allah for his destruction sooner rather than later," said one of the posts.

"Oh Allah, make an example of him for the whole world and give him dark days ahead," read another.

Among the website publishing the death threats was the "Al-Fidaa" web forum, which al-Qaida uses to distribute its media and public communications, said Evan Kohlmann, an NBC News consultant and a terrorism analyst at Flashpoint Partners, a global security firm.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freaking idiots, I hope they wear their stupid rugs out praying to their devil.-Tyr

Thunderknuckles
08-25-2012, 12:24 AM
Frankly Tyr, I'm a little irked at this Navy Seal. He not only made himself a target but endangered his fellow Seals and their families. Capturing this man would yield a treasure trove of knowledge.
Why did he do this??

jimnyc
08-25-2012, 06:04 AM
I'm not thrilled with this guy either. And the timing is suspect, just in time to once again celebrate the killing of OBL under Obama's command. But I find it funny that ANY man could pray for his death, because a Seal took care of the most despicable scumbag to ever walk the earth. Al Qaeda or not, looking UP to this man is a sickness.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-25-2012, 06:52 AM
Frankly Tyr, I'm a little irked at this Navy Seal. He not only made himself a target but endangered his fellow Seals and their families. Capturing this man would yield a treasure trove of knowledge.
Why did he do this??

Times are hard. I'd say he did it purely for the money. Although he may have had other reasons we do not know about as well. Not sure exactly how this book will put Seals and their families in greater danger. I mean everybody already knows that scumbag was taken out by a Seal Team ! If the guy broke no laws then the only gripes would be about his personal ethics in doing this IMHO.-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-25-2012, 06:58 AM
I'm not thrilled with this guy either. And the timing is suspect, just in time to once again celebrate the killing of OBL under Obama's command. But I find it funny that ANY man could pray for his death, because a Seal took care of the most despicable scumbag to ever walk the earth. Al Qaeda or not, looking UP to this man is a sickness.

Many and many more everyday are coming to the conclusion that this intolerant ,barbaric religion is a sickness. Any reasonable person that takes a rational look at it will eventually come to that conclusion IMO. Islam is on the rise and spreading its power worldwide and many thousands are being murdered because of that. That is the reality of the nature of the cultlike religion.-Tyr