PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, Mom and Dad!

jimnyc
08-25-2012, 08:50 AM
My parents were both born on August the 25th!

Odd enough that a couple would get together and find out they were born on the same date, but they decided to marry on this date as well. Being that Mom's name and middle name was Joan Ruth, and Dad's first and middle is John Robert, after marriage both of their initials were JRL.

Then they named the first born Jeffery, and of course made his middle name also Robert, so of course another JRL. And yes, then it was Janeen Roberta, John Russell & they finally stopped when they reached perfection with James Richard!

So an entire family of JRL's!! And it all started with these 2 being born on the 25th of August a long, long time ago.

I really wish I could get to the cemetery today to leave some flowers for Mom, but I gotta believe she knows how I feel and understands I can't go to another state as often as I would like. And Dad is in South Carolina, so a phone call will have to suffice with him.

But looking back to when I was just going from a toddler to a young lad, I can remember celebrating many of my birthdays on summer vacation in Florida, since mine is the 1st of July. Mom and Dad always made me feel extra special for my birthday. I'm sure my siblings feel the same about theirs.

They made a crazy and nutty family with 4 very unique children! LOL But I wouldn't have it any other way and I doubt any of the others would feel any differently.

Happy Birthday, Mom and Dad!! :beer:

Abbey Marie
08-25-2012, 10:11 AM
August 25th must have been a big day around your house! Happy Birthday and Anniversary memories!

SassyLady
08-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Cool! I love the fact that they carried the initial theme through the children.